Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulshaker3

That will look awesome when you have the alternate tile, I wish I could do graphics aswell  :haha:
Hellow?

SpritingNomad

I would love to show you my first set of tilesets, if only i had saved them  :facepalm:
Takes time but keep at it and you will see improvement soon enough, i began creating with RMXP but 2k3 sized sprites should be easier.

Wecoc

SpritingNomad: It looks good but I don't like some things about the resolution, it all looks like it's zoomed 2x except flowers and some parts on the tree, and it looks a bit weird. You should change it all to the same resolution.

Here's my attempt on fixing it, and I changed also one of the palette greens so grass looks a bit more natural. Hope you will take in consideration my critique, anyway I like so much the style you are giving to your game.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/291z4gj.jpg

Make sure to make corners for that cliffs too ;D

SpritingNomad

August 08, 2014, 10:22:28 pm #1443 Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:08:19 pm by SpritingNomad
The smaller pixel use is actually something i like a lot, i think this will be great for little details like smaller bottles, quills, writing on the books and such, but thinking it over i may have gone a bit overboard on the tree.. I do love the 2x look so i will cut back ;)

I like that color for the grass, but it's a bit too dark, especially for the sides and corners of the cliff top, i will look into lowering the brightness and raising saturation a bit to get closer to that soft look without going too dark.

Yet to add those cliff corners :D, took a break by working on a battler, which i'm sketching out with pencil instead of the mouse, but i'm thinking of a side view system all of a sudden..

Really appreciate the tips, Wecoc, please keep it coming!
I will upload another screenshot very soon.

e
Think i found a happy medium, but i need to play a little more with the color.

SpritingNomad

August 17, 2014, 01:01:49 pm #1444 Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:04:00 pm by SpritingNomad
Howdy! A screenshot to show that i'm still working on this.
I've yet to add a few more things like the water auto tile, rotting logs/trunks, bird nests, bushes, a hole for the ground (2 diff sizes), and possibly a tile for spots where you can jump off the cliff.
The small tree still needs a bit more work, and i already have a some other alternate tiles for the cliff face (not present here) which i need to make for the sides of the cliff too.
As you guys can see i also fixed up the main grass, not very repetitious by itself anymore, i did make an alternate grass tile (still one or two more.. i think) but i forgot to add that to the map.
Forgot, also been working on extra pieces for the tree, for clumping stuff together in some ways.

I've created a new original monster, a type of fish-toad creature that drags itself along the ground using it's hind legs.
Have it in mind to make it a healing monster with high defense, it will appear in the first zone along with the Brownie Goblins and Slimes (which i will also add something to).

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that i'm still about, it's not the best screenshot but more coming soon.

ah, ive also worked on an extra skin color, which you can see.
Spoiler: ShowHide

MetalZelda

It took my old team and me 5 month to get this Castle Town Map for my Zelda Project  :wacko:

Dem flags are animated and react depending on the weather and some items

Regular Sign Post

SpritingNomad

Looks very nice, MetalZelda, i like the layout of the town too.
Are the graphics all edited rips? I see somethings i never saw but i don't keep up with the LOZ games much.

Take my advice with a grain of salt, but i think Links duds look too bland, maybe increasing the lighting, or saturation on the greens would make him stand out some more.
Flags look cool, do they move in four frames or more?

KK20

I think those graphics come with the Zelda Engine. He didn't make them. It's just the mapping that he's showing off.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

MetalZelda

Quote from: SpritingNomad on August 18, 2014, 06:17:52 pm
Looks very nice, MetalZelda, i like the layout of the town too.
Are the graphics all edited rips? I see somethings i never saw but i don't keep up with the LOZ games much.

Take my advice with a grain of salt, but i think Links duds look too bland, maybe increasing the lighting, or saturation on the greens would make him stand out some more.
Flags look cool, do they move in four frames or more?

It's from the Project Zelda Engine, so it's ripped from A Link to the Past and Minish Cap, and some Zelda GameBoy tiles too ^^

The flags move in 7 frames ^^

R.A.V.S.O

After messing with the tileset editor finding the right priorities, proportions etc... I bring you this pic of the Main city (at least on the WIP demo)

It might not seem like a lot that I can reveal in there, but in a nutshell:

The top image is a showcase of:

-Working Fences (As seen in the image, fence appears on top when player goes behind it, player is on top when in front of it)
-Proximity based SFX, you can hear the water flow of the fountain on the right the closer you get to it, the farther you get away
  the fountain's water sfx stops.

The bottom image only showcases the entrance to the city.

Also as a second easter egg for the upcoming demo.... well.... let's just say I've had so much fun replacing the
original RPGXP party with my own.

I'll figure out what to do with the other 2 in due time....

Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

WhiteRose

Quote from: R.A.V.S.O on October 01, 2014, 08:08:59 pm
After messing with the tileset editor finding the right priorities, proportions etc... I bring you this pic of the Main city (at least on the WIP demo)

It might not seem like a lot that I can reveal in there, but in a nutshell:

The top image is a showcase of:

-Working Fences (As seen in the image, fence appears on top when player goes behind it, player is on top when in front of it)
-Proximity based SFX, you can hear the water flow of the fountain on the right the closer you get to it, the farther you get away
  the fountain's water sfx stops.

The bottom image only showcases the entrance to the city.

Also as a second easter egg for the upcoming demo.... well.... let's just say I've had so much fun replacing the
original RPGXP party with my own.

I'll figure out what to do with the other 2 in due time....

It looks great. :) I always love seeing what people are able to do with modern cities in RMXP.

Suikoden2.5

Anyone wanna work on an amazing new Suikoden?

Vexus

A work in progress status screen for a town of salem (The web game) look alike project.

It's not finished yet as I need to do some final touches and would love some pointers from other people on how to make it better.

Say for example:

1] Gear Of Choice - I have no idea what to name this. It's to show what that specific role has a weaponry/etc at his disposal.
It has no use, but I can't think of anything to fill that empty space and it irks me big time!

2] The Picture - I might have to keep on editing the colors to make it more "brownish" to fit with the screen. Or should I keep it as is?

Feel free to add more ideas, I would really love to fill that empty bit.
Current Project/s:

Heretic86

March 14, 2015, 09:42:52 pm #1453 Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 09:44:44 pm by Heretic86
Ive been busy so I havent finished or released this XP Vehicle Script yet.

Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Zexion

Sase

Not a screenshot but video. Some mapping and battlechars I've done with Rudra graphics. Also includes a song I made for this game.
You can see clearly which parts of the video are unfinished :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhISdaXgy0I

KK20

You rise from the shadows and show us a little bit of a spectacle. Nicely done :)

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

A few screenshots of the project I been working on.

And here are the character sets for the little animal guys.( they are inspired by the palicos from Monster Hunter)

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

syldocaine

Nothing real special but here are some screenshots of my current game so far: