Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

Nice, but it leaves a lot of real estate free in the lower part of the screen. Maybe you should find something to put there, or use larger battlebacks and shrink the window a bit.

Jek

G_G

Made this awhile ago, havent done much to it since then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb-Ca9o3wT0

Pretty pointless if you as me =\

Jek

Sase

Okay... I remember posting a screenshot of the unfinished version of this map about 3 months ago somewhere here.

Spoiler: ShowHide

nathmatt

i made the messages/info all be displayed in the bottom hud

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Sase

The screens look nice and moody, but there isn't a hero graphic is there? If there is I failed to find him on every screen :l

And for the little typos:
'Where am I?' <- I is always wrote capital (I instead of i)
'It dosen't look like...' <- doesn't

other than that, it looks nice, reminded me of some point&click adventures. Only the font looks quite bad.

Silentknight72

Sigs: ShowHide

King Munkey

Quote from: nathmatt on July 03, 2010, 10:03:55 pm
i made the messages/info all be displayed in the bottom hud

I do not like the text

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

WhiteRose

I agree that the fonts are quite difficult to read; you might want to re-think them a bit. Also, the cobwebs seem a bit too bright and don't blend well with the rest of the environment. Also, in the fourth screen shot, you might want to consider using a wider variety of crack tiles. For the most part, though, your game looks like it will be fantastic. It's possibly the first point and click adventure developed in RMXP.

G_G

Thanks to Hellfire Dragons help with editing a tileset I managed to get a nice shadow overlay effect.
The top rock is hovering over the bottom rock just a little and casts a shadow to make it appear that way.

Sase

That's actually pretty cool as long as you set priorities to the shadow.

G_G

Heres a screenie of it in game. Looks quite nice.

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Tigurus

Looks very awesome :D
Also looks like a lot of work to do it for multiple platforms D=

G_G

Not really. It took me less then 10 minutes to do it.

Sase

A waterfally-foresty-map. I'm not going to use it since I'm not satisfied, but I finished it anyways. The bottom part is the worst : D

The picture is also very big.

stripe103

WOW! That is gorgeous! Very good work. Did you make the tileset yourself?

Sase

Quote from: stripe103 on July 08, 2010, 04:45:34 am
WOW! That is gorgeous! Very good work. Did you make the tileset yourself?
It's a mix of Mack's set and Secret of Mana 3 (SeikenDensetsu3) chipset, originally by Mack and Rowan but I wasn't satisfied with it 100% so I had to move some things on different layers. You can find the original here: http://charas-project.net/resources.php?wa=0&lang=it&area=5&howmany=100&fsearch=jungle

WhiteRose

Quote from: Sase on July 08, 2010, 04:35:24 am
A waterfally-foresty-map. I'm not going to use it since I'm not satisfied, but I finished it anyways. The bottom part is the worst : D

The picture is also very big.

Very impressive. Bravissimo. I agree with you that the bottom part doesn't look optimal, but given what you have to work with, there isn't much that can be done to improve the situation.