Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

King Munkey

Quote from: Sase on September 16, 2010, 03:52:26 am
One more of the VX maps, most likely the last one.

Spoiler: ShowHide

That's pretty hot.

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

OracleGames

this keep and surroundings now belong to messy bandits

Ps: Nice maps

Ps2: how do i remove grid? xD

element

Nice oracle
Can anyone give me a project with that tileset in it with the passability and priority set?

Sase

@OracleGames: The map looks fine but has some weird things in it. Firstly, the "hills" don't look that much hills, it works but not that well. Also the edges of the trees and the ledges seem very cubicish (straight lines).
You can remove the "grid" by choosing one of the normal layers, then disabling the dimming in View->Dim Other layers (or press F4 to toggle it).

@element: Download the demo from the original author's site: http://www.rpg-palace.com/downloads/details.php?id=102

CircleDrain

We changed the Light map...
new version:

Spaceman McConaughey

It almost looks decent now. Maybe try to make a lot of the objects in the room match with everything else? Just a thought.

Calintz

Agreed. That looks better than before.

ForeverZer0

@element
The demo there has the majority of the passablity/priorities set, but there are some errors and what not in there if I remember correctly from about 6 months ago. Just test it out and see if you can find them. If not, I may still have a fixed version somewhere...
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

stripe103

I tried it and most of the passability and priority really suck.

Calintz

October 03, 2010, 02:35:45 am #849 Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 02:44:37 am by Calintz
I'm building a custom tileset. It is a Ludus (school for gladiators).
The basics are finished. Building construction has been fully implemented. I have only to put the details in now. (training equipment, etc...)

Ludus Batiatus:
In-Game:

In-Game with FX:

In Editor:

36inc

Quote from: Calintz on October 03, 2010, 02:35:45 am
I'm building a custom tileset. It is a Ludus (school for gladiators).
The basics are finished. Building construction has been fully implemented. I have only to put the details in now. (training equipment, etc...)

Ludus Batiatus:
In-Game:

In-Game with FX:

In Editor:

making a Gladiator game?
Any historical references?or a purely fictional gladiator game?
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

October 03, 2010, 03:09:35 am #851 Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 03:10:37 am by Calintz
The storyline of the game will be based from the history and life of Spartacus, and his rebellion of gladiators against the romans. There will be factual historic names portrayed throughout the game, such as the Ludus you're going to train in. It was where Spartacus was trained...In the ancient Roman city of "Capua" lived the "Batiatus" family. They were notorious for their Gladiatorial Ludus where many successful gladiators were forged.

There will be famous gladiators in the game such as: Caligula, Commodus, Titus, and Flamma, etc...(you may even fight Spartacus). You will have the option to name your own Gladiator though. You do not directly play as a famed historic Gladiator.

36inc

Quote from: Calintz on October 03, 2010, 03:09:35 am
The storyline of the game will be based from the history and life of Spartacus, and his rebellion of gladiators against the romans. There will be factual historic names portrayed throughout the game, such as the Ludus you're going to train in. It was where Spartacus was trained...In the ancient Roman city of "Capua" lived the "Batiatus" family. They were notorious for their Gladiatorial Ludus where many successful gladiators were forged.

There will be famous gladiators in the game such as: Caligula, Commodus, Titus, and Flamma, etc...(you may even fight Spartacus). You will have the option to name your own Gladiator though. You do not directly play as a famed historic Gladiator.

Oh I know
thats why I asked. I saw Batiatus in the information of the pictures.
pretty good idea to allow to make it an up incomer style to.all the other gladiators had to do that,and starting out as a badass,would ruin the feeling of being a gladiator

but it does lead to a question.will lesser known gladiators be present?
your not just skimming the pages are you?
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

October 03, 2010, 03:28:27 am #853 Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 03:34:26 am by Calintz
Well I didn't have any real prior knowledge of all things Gladiator until I decided to make this game. This site has been my friend ever since, and contains damn near all of the information I think I'm gonna need to finish this game. But this site really only has the more famous Gladiators listed on it, and so I don't personally know too many of the lesser known Gladiators yet...

That would be something I have to look into.

Anyway, this is the site:
http://www.roman-colosseum.info/index.htm

Edit:
What I was basically planning on doing, since I'm focusing mainly on Capua, Ravenna, and Pompeii (short of Rome); is do some research on some of the famous Gladiators that emerged from those three locations and have you tackle them one by one at set points in the game on their home grounds. After you prove yourself worthy by doing such, you will be accepted to fight in the Colosseum, where you meet the big names.

So, you have to become the champion of Capua. That is the first goal on your list. Then, to Ravenna to compete and conquer their champion. Finally, you can fight in Rome, but only after then conquering the champion in Pompeii (Capua's long time rival Ludus).

36inc

Quote from: Calintz on October 03, 2010, 03:28:27 am
Well I didn't have any real prior knowledge of all things Gladiator until I decided to make this game. This site has been my friend ever since, and contains damn near all of the information I think I'm gonna need to finish this game. But this site really only has the more famous Gladiators listed on it, and so I don't personally know too many of the lesser known Gladiators yet...

That would be something I have to look into.

Anyway, this is the site:
http://www.roman-colosseum.info/index.htm

Edit:
What I was basically planning on doing, since I'm focusing mainly on Capua, Ravenna, and Pompeii (short of Rome); is do some research on some of the famous Gladiators that emerged from those three locations and have you tackle them one by one at set points in the game on their home grounds. After you prove yourself worthy by doing such, you will be accepted to fight in the Colosseum, where you meet the big names.

So, you have to become the champion of Capua. That is the first goal on your list. Then, to Ravenna to compete and conquer their champion. Finally, you can fight in Rome, but only after then conquering the champion in Pompeii (Capua's long time rival Ludus).

well yeah but gladiator business was highly finicky they had to please not only the ludus but anyone the ludus had to impress.
there are plenty of occassions where they would have to sleep with someone,or murder someone.
they dont all have to be known gladiators,but adding missions outside the ring would improove realism.Espeasaly sneaky missions of information and murder.

Lol sorry I love history too much Gwah unfortunately specifics can escape me when I need em.
I cant think of any names right off the bat.
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

October 03, 2010, 03:49:25 am #855 Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 03:50:41 am by Calintz
Oh no I completely understand, and those are my intentions.
I own the first season of Spartacus, which actually spurred the motivation for this game. If you haven't seen that show it's a great portrayal of the Gladiatorial times, and I will use that show for reference. You don't need to worry...I will make sure it isn't just a beat 'em up game...that would be hella boring! At one point in the show Spartacus has to kill his greatest comrade for the amusement of a child. I will implement such occurrences in the game.

36inc

Quote from: Calintz on October 03, 2010, 03:49:25 am
Oh no I completely understand, and those are my intentions.
I own the first season of Spartacus, which actually spurred the motivation for this game. If you haven't seen that show it's a great portrayal of the Gladiatorial times, and I will use that show for reference. You don't need to worry...I will make sure it isn't just a beat 'em up game...that would be hella boring!
great but I will have to warn you,Sparticus blood and sand isnt 100% accurate.
In fact im quite sure that Batiatus' encounter with sparticus' wife was completely altered.

But to more pressing matters I have to ask if theres any 'bl' in this game.
Cause noting that sparticus addressed that Im curious now if your going to add such references

(aww shit you got him gitty,Splash water on him or something)<---the voice of meatwad.
I am Rose Erin.

Spaceman McConaughey

Uhm, who cares? It does not have to 100% ACCURATE.

36inc

Quote from: Branden on October 03, 2010, 04:00:55 am
Uhm, who cares? It does not have to 100% ACCURATE.

well obviously cause I still enjoy sparticus,even with the changes.
But historicaly accuracy shows dedication,and interests people who love it like me.
Im already wanting to see the finished game simply because I know its historical values.
I watch the history channel nearly all day.So its obvious I love this kinda stuff.
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

I'm gonna have to ask that you be more specific? I watched all of Blood and Sand, but the meaning of "BL" eludes me?

Really? That's good to know. Agreed...the story doesn't have to be all factual, but taking a look around the web to get the actual facts the best I can won't hurt. For all I know...the factual encounter could lead to promising opportunities that may suit a game better than a tv series, so I'll have to run a search on that just to get the facts.