Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

Yeah, like I said. Not 100% accurate. Never said, "Not accurate at all.", like it seems you are assuming.

My post was directed to 36inc, anways.

And who leveled me down? I have not done a thing wrong. :)

36inc

Quote from: Branden on October 03, 2010, 04:38:34 am
Yeah, like I said. Not 100% accurate. Never said, "Not accurate at all.", like it seems you are assuming.

My post was directed to 36inc, anways.

And who leveled me down? I have not done a thing wrong. :)

I havent leveled yu down,but a 'Bl' is me being a prevert agian.-=Boylove)
I remember that being in the show.
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

October 03, 2010, 02:56:23 pm #862 Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 02:57:50 pm by Calintz
@Branden:
I didn't level you down, and I assumed nothing. I only responded in that way because I felt it was a good tip for any game maker. It will always be in a designer's best interest to do as must research on a said topic as they can, before they actually begin production of something that will be a derivative of historic origin. Now normally this wouldn't apply, because most games are fictional by nature, but because mine isn't it applies here.

Even if you're changing the game a little...it can never hurt to know the facts of how it really went down. This is how Hollywood does it. They pull you in by revolving a scene around factual events, throwing in miscellaneous details that further captivate the viewer. This tactic can and in my opinion should be applied to games if it can.

@36inc:
Well...yes, in a manner I will. I will use subtle innuendos to suggest the presence of homosexual relations, but in no way will it be a main focus in the game.

36inc

October 03, 2010, 03:04:02 pm #863 Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 03:05:09 pm by 36inc
Quote from: Calintz on October 03, 2010, 02:56:23 pm
@Branden:
I didn't level you down, and I assumed nothing. I only responded in that way because I felt it was a good tip for any game maker. It will always be in a designer's best interest to do as must research on a said topic as they can, before they actually begin production of something that will be a derivative of historic origin. Now normally this wouldn't apply, because most games are fictional by nature, but because mine isn't it applies here.

Even if you're changing the game a little...it can never hurt to know the facts of how it really went down. This is how Hollywood does it. They pull you in by revolving a scene around factual events, throwing in miscellaneous details that further captivate the viewer. This tactic can and in my opinion should be applied to games if it can.

@36inc:
Well...yes, in a manner I will. I will use subtle innuendos to suggest the presence of homosexual relations, but in no way will it be a main focus in the game.

lol just curious.
though I think accuracy is important,history shows that rome was trying to be a progressive nation.
Ironicaly the religion that swept rome destroyed it and held back progressive thought for a 1000 years.isnt that fucked up.Americas the new rome,except the stupid fake religion ruining us is older then us,not newer.

and that kind of stuff inhances the game by ten fold.Ninja gaiden might be badass,but bushido blades accuraccy makes it fun and very addicting.
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

Which makes me sad...
But enough talk heading off topic. I'll have another screenie up soon.

winkio

Yeah, Rome was dying waaay before Christianity existed.

36inc

Quote from: winkio on October 03, 2010, 03:38:41 pm

you wish that was true huh.Look Rome killed jesus,They obviously werent dead when Catholicism(the actual name of the religion) started to appear.
Romans like Constantine gave the church power.And thus later they would fall.

I think thats quite Ironic siting that Rome is Exactly where the Catholics have their main base.
And thier leader.
All hail old Rome, Progressives,Scientists,and artists.
And screw the Catholic church
(racists,sexists,and conservatives.

you gotta admit its quite odd that 1000 years of Catholics results in A time gap where very little actually advances.
And I dont think its the faiths fualt.Its Constantines fualt,for putting the church in power.
Faith and power naturally dont mix.And it resulted in alot of oppression,including the Dark ages,the inquisitions ,and the witch trials.(which are still happening.in some small ways)

I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

October 03, 2010, 04:56:57 pm #867 Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 05:08:29 pm by Calintz
@36inc:
Spoiler: ShowHide
I know you're really getting into the conversation 36inc, and you seem to know your history, but would you mind moving the more details aspect of Roman history it into a separate thread? This is for the screenshots, and I hate to interrupt, because I'm partially interested in what you have to say, but nonetheless...this isn't the place for it.

Like maybe start something up in the "Intelligent Debate" section.

On Topic:
Here is a new screenshot of the Ludus tileset I'm working on.
I have finished outside housing details, and will be moving onto training equipment next...

Ludus Batiatus:

Ryex

very cool calintz, that tile set is custom isn't it
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Calintz

@Ryexander:
yes sir. It's not finished, but it's well on it's way. Another day or so and it should be complete.

Diokatsu

Quote from: 36inc on October 03, 2010, 04:02:04 pm
Quote from: winkio on October 03, 2010, 03:38:41 pm

you wish that was true huh.Look Rome killed jesus,They obviously werent dead when Catholicism(the actual name of the religion) started to appear.
Romans like Constantine gave the church power.And thus later they would fall.

I think thats quite Ironic siting that Rome is Exactly where the Catholics have their main base.
And thier leader.
All hail old Rome, Progressives,Scientists,and artists.
And screw the Catholic church
(racists,sexists,and conservatives.

you gotta admit its quite odd that 1000 years of Catholics results in A time gap where very little actually advances.
And I dont think its the faiths fualt.Its Constantines fualt,for putting the church in power.
Faith and power naturally dont mix.And it resulted in alot of oppression,including the Dark ages,the inquisitions ,and the witch trials.(which are still happening.in some small ways)

Rome was dying after Augustus left the throne. Every emperor after him would be surrounded by conspiracy and betrayal. Dying is a long process. And it was Christianity before Catholicism was a term. I go to a fucking Catholic School. Catholic is short for Roman Catholic, a part of the Christian Religion which has it's roots in Rome. Christianity refers to the entire religion, Protestants and Catholics alike.

Christianity as a religion didn't appear right after Christ died either. It's appearance came long after, perhaps 200 years. Before that, it was a cultist region practiced in people's basements and int he catacombs. I'm a 6 year Latin student, a 4 year Ancient Greek one and have read the Bible in English and Greek as well as taken religion courses for 4 years as a supplement to my Catholic upraising. I'm perfectly qualified to discredit your Wikipedia based education.

Calintz

@Diokatsu:
I was trying to get 36inc to move the conversation elsewhere. Your reply isn't going to help, Lol.

@36inc:
Please respond to Dio's response elsewhere...please.

@Topic:
I have added some training dummies for the characters to beat up. I want to add a gauntlet next, and then I'll finish up with a platform for one on one matches. I forgot what it's called, but after roughly a week of training the new gladiators were matched against the Ludus' current gladiators in a fight to either death or draw to prove themselves worthy to train there. The fight took place on top of a platform that forced the gladiators to move forward, or be pushed back and destroyed. I want to add that platform to the tileset. Hopefully, it won't be too hard.

Ludus Batiatus:

36inc

Quote from: Calintz on October 03, 2010, 06:54:38 pm
@Diokatsu:
I was trying to get 36inc to move the conversation elsewhere. Your reply isn't going to help, Lol.

@36inc:
Please respond to Dio's response elsewhere...please.

@Topic:
I have added some training dummies for the characters to beat up. I want to add a gauntlet next, and then I'll finish up with a platform for one on one matches. I forgot what it's called, but after roughly a week of training the new gladiators were matched against the Ludus' current gladiators in a fight to either death or draw to prove themselves worthy to train there. The fight took place on top of a platform that forced the gladiators to move forward, or be pushed back and destroyed. I want to add that platform to the tileset. Hopefully, it won't be too hard.

Ludus Batiatus:

Bah Im not going to respond to that nonsense,hes wrong period.
Now on to the coolness of your game screen.
great now I can beat the bloody shit outa some wooden targets,to prepare to fight foes!
Im going love this game :3
fufufufu
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

That's exactly what they're for.
However, those ones looked like crap, so I quickly redid them. I actually sprited this time instead of just resizing and sharpening, Lol.

Ludus Batiatus:

36inc

ahahh yeah those do look better.
I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

Next is the gauntlet...
I don't know how I'm gonna do it though yet.

36inc

I am Rose Erin.

Calintz

October 03, 2010, 08:34:29 pm #877 Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 12:24:32 am by Calintz
I'm working on the gauntlet now...I've got the base. Now, to add the blades.

Edit:
YES! Lol...I have a working gauntlet. Now to make a few more versions, and then make a .gif for you guys to see.

Dweller

This are two screenshot of my game Tammuz (I´ll post it on New Projects forum soon). I want to customize all graphic (tilesets, characters, pictures, etc...). On the screenshots you can see the main character of the game, a tileset from a farmers village (working hard on this), and a edit of g_g hud for Blizz-ABS (just added basic stats to the hud).

Dwellercoc

stripe103

I like it. Cool tilesets. Though it looks a bit strange that most things look 3D, but not others. I also like the custom Blizz-ABS Hud very much.