Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller

October 13, 2010, 09:43:30 am #880 Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:47:22 am by Dweller
Quote from: stripe103 on October 13, 2010, 05:53:25 am
I Though it looks a bit strange that most things look 3D

Yeah, I still working on those houses 3D perspective, but failed 2 times :(

New houses attempt:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Dwellercoc

Calintz

I like the custom tileset. It has a subtle VX style to it, and that vivid coloring catches my eyes really well.
I think some of your tiles need refurnished, but you did a great job on most of them, especially; Grass, Dirt, and Road autotiles.

The Niche

Map for a cutscene:

It needs to be a bit darker and I don't like the panorama, but what do you guys think?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Calintz

I don't know...trees don't grow through rock...The isle itself is relatively square shaped. Needs improvements. Decent idea though.

nathmatt

October 13, 2010, 04:37:34 pm #884 Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 05:53:33 pm by nathmatt
ok here is a hud im working on
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Calintz

Okay! Now I like that! Such a defining original design compared to most. My advice though...Drop the bevel FX and do the pixel work yourself...It will look MUCH better because it will follow the natural flow of the RTP. This will help it assimilate seamlessly.

nathmatt

the problem with that is that im not really good with making graphics those were all made with photo shop styles if i could have made it myself i would have
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Calintz

October 13, 2010, 06:30:06 pm #887 Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 06:41:13 pm by Calintz
I would love to help you! How about you give me the specifications on your current bevel settings, and I will give you some recommendations? I would love to help. No credit obviously. I just want this to be crisp!

Edit:
To be honest...you should scrap that and start over. Keep the main design in mind, but re-calculate measurements.
I would corner the LVL box in the top left. (Because all other corners have something in them. This will help maintain the flow.)
Then, increase the size of the name box to match the LVL box, and space it either 8 or 16pixels to the right of the LVL box.
Again, using either 8 or 16pixel spacing, drop the HP and SP bars below the Name Box using 8 or 16pixel spacing between them.

Create your connecting pipes at half 1/4 the spacing size. (8 = 2, 16 = 4)
When you bevel them use a depth of 150 or 200% and a size of 1. Select Chisel Hard mode. See how that looks...

nathmatt

i didn't use any bevel settings i actually just took the color 124,174,224 and made them using 3 different styles the first is whether or not it will be a inner or outer look for the inner i use the router style for the outer i use the Clear Emboss - Inner Bevel on another layer the last layer is always the frosted glass style
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Dweller

Quote from: nathmatt on October 13, 2010, 04:37:34 pm
ok here is a hud im working on

I like this Hud for a sci-fic game, great work.

Quote from: The Niche on October 13, 2010, 03:56:55 pm
Map for a cutscene:

It needs to be a bit darker and I don't like the panorama, but what do you guys think?

I´m agree with Calinz, the scene idea is great but the island design could be improved.
Dwellercoc

Calintz

October 13, 2010, 07:16:59 pm #890 Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:32:13 pm by Calintz
@Nathmatt:
No matter the case, you shouldn't use more than one style...
You should let all things match to create an even flow amongst the entire HUD.

I sent you a PM with an example.

Colosseum Pre-Fight Holding Cells:

Ryex

I really don't like how that sprite has positioned it's arms, it makes it look like it is trying to fly^^
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Calintz

Lol, the sprite isn't important. It's a bare template, nothing more.

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
My script

Calintz

October 14, 2010, 04:25:35 pm #894 Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:25:16 pm by Calintz
@Nathamatt:
Good job Nathmatt. I think it looks better.

Death by Glory: Introduction Scene 01 (The Colosseum)

Death by Glory: Introduction Scene 03 (Departure)

Death by Glory: Introduction Scene 06 (Last Minute Return)

The Niche

Fucking sexy use of fogs, tinting etc, but that's all I can say, really. There isn't enough in the maps to comment on.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

WhiteRose

Quote from: nathmatt on October 14, 2010, 12:48:25 pm
ok hud remake

Looks pretty good. What is the purpose of the two boxes in the bottom left corner, though?

nathmatt

October 15, 2010, 11:35:00 am #897 Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 11:41:28 am by nathmatt
RMX-OS chat

edit the first box is a send_to box so you can type the name of the person to automatically whisper them
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Calintz

October 16, 2010, 10:23:32 pm #898 Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:26:09 pm by Calintz
Death by Glory: Introduction Scene 02 (An Alliance With Rome)

Death by Glory: Introduction Scene 04 (Battle With the Gedii - Part 01)

Death by Glory: Introduction Scene 04 (Battle With the Gedii - Part 02)

Dweller

QuotePosted by: Calintz
Death by Glory: Introduction Scene 02 (An Alliance With Rome)

I like those screenshots, but Introduction Scene 02 (An Alliance With Rome) looks too symmetric, may if you move some boxes it will looks better.
Dwellercoc