Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

October 18, 2010, 05:33:28 pm #900 Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 03:59:59 am by Calintz
Thank you very much.
I added trees to "Scene04 - Part 01" I think it looks better. I'll update the screenshot.

Well,
It's symmetric because it's a man-made building. The design for things in the older days believe it or not, were even more mechanical than today, especially in the Roman empire (the main setting for my game). I'll see what I can do to add more details to the map, but I believe symmetry works well in these 2-D games that run on spriting.

Edit:
Okay, now don't get jealous, but this is where my time went today. New tileset.

Death by Glory: Introductory Scene 05 (Setting Camp)
Spoiler: ShowHide

Death by Glory: Introductory Scene 05 (The Roman Legatus)

Taiine

Some advice on the square tent.. to flat... have something that shows that there are posts underneath holding it up, and areas with the tent sagging some.

Calintz

October 19, 2010, 04:01:36 am #902 Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:02:37 am by Calintz
I added a door to the inside of the tent.

@Taiine:
That would cause serious obstruction to what you can see inside...I don't want to do that because of that reason alone. Also, depending on how tightly the tent is tied it might not sag at all...

P.S. I also fixed the grass in the wall. That occurred with the tile reset.

Taiine

I dunno. I go camping a lot, and even with the bigger tents pulled tight, never seen one not have some sag, or outword signs and folds where the posts are set, even if just in the corners.

Ryex

October 19, 2010, 05:15:12 am #904 Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:59:51 pm by Ryexander
I agree, the outside view of the tent on the roof. its completely flat and this isn't natural. it needs some indication of folds on the edges and corners.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Taiine

Agreed, the kind of tent you show is a box tent, a post in each corner and maybe (if there big) one in the center or so to hold the center up. Even if pulling fully taught, you will see folds and signs of those posts in the corners, even more so when tight. But honestly you don't want it super tight, wind blows and theres no give, the tent can easily tare.

I tried to find a photo of the tent me and some friends used as a main living tent on a two week outing, it was similar to what you have to show an example, but couldn't find any clear shorts of it.

Calintz

It's cool! I thought about it while I was laying down for the night, and noticed the same things. Even if a tent were stretched tight it would bear stretch marks across the top. As for the beams holding it up...I have an idea for that might work well. I will edit the tileset and I hope that you will still be here to give more feedback.

Thanks guys. =)

Dweller

Quote from: Calintz on October 19, 2010, 12:31:21 pm
It's cool! I thought about it while I was laying down for the night, and noticed the same things. Even if a tent were stretched tight it would bear stretch marks across the top. As for the beams holding it up...I have an idea for that might work well. I will edit the tileset and I hope that you will still be here to give more feedback.

If you still working on the tent may this tileset will help you as reference:
Dwellercoc

Calintz

are you referring to the awning? The standard rtp has an awning also. I appreciate that, thank you.

The Niche

@Nath: I love the hud, is there any chance you'd upload it? *bambi eyes*
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

nathmatt

if i do not end up making the MMORPG i made it for i will
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Taiine

October 25, 2010, 06:41:29 am #911 Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:42:32 am by Taiine
Sense we talking hubs. Show off my own to my game Demons Bane.

<3 Zhub. I just wish I could get an exp bar to be drawn same way as the hp/sp bars. :( gold count be nice to.. but any edits or such I make to try and add it in just bombs or don't show squot.

nathmatt

are the bars scripted or pictures
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

stripe103

Looks like Blizz-Abs Z-Hud so they are pictures all right.

Taiine

October 25, 2010, 11:54:27 pm #914 Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:11:23 pm by Taiine
They use Zhud with my own custom graphics. I say that in my post O.o

Blizzard

It's Z-HUD, not Z-HUB, lol!
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

Outside: ShowHide
In this screenshot? *shrugs*

cave: ShowHide
In this screenshot? Environment.

Boss: ShowHide

This screen shot displays the 'Boss HUD' add on for the BlizzABS... also the 'dodge' skill but that's not as impressive. Also, the boss can burrow underground and is unhittable when he does so... also not that impressive.

Taiine

Quote from: Blizzard on October 26, 2010, 02:45:45 am
It's Z-HUD, not Z-HUB, lol!

I always call it a hub, that's just me! :D But that's also not saying WHAT YOU THINK OF IT? :P *pokes Blizz for an answer*

Blizzard

I think it looks cool. Though you shouldn't have stretched the health bar but instead extended it properly. It's obvious that the HP bar was stretched as opposed to the SP bar so it looks a bit awkward.

BTW, HUD is an abbreviation of Heads-Up-Display. So HUB doesn't really work, you know.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Taiine

It wasn't stretched, they were both drawn separately in photoshop. The SP bar use to be flipped around to go along with the curve of the bottom half of the design, but someone suggested it should match up with the direction of the HP bar's curve so it got flipped and had it's shading altered.

...I still wish you had added an exp bar to that script. >.>;;; I've yet to get my edit to work right, closest I've gotten was for it to show, but even with the update it still wouldn't...update less the menu popped up. same with gold amount... levels about all I got truly working, but it displays below the bars -.-