Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Quote from: Spoofus on January 19, 2011, 01:23:00 am
by all means take a crack at it,im terrible at that sorta thing

do you need the tileset? if so ill upload a link to it

Yea. Upload to imageshack.

Spoofus

January 19, 2011, 07:03:37 pm #1021 Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:28:29 pm by Starrodkirby86
here ya go G_G

Spoiler: ShowHide

Fixed image code. ~Love, Starrodkirby86

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

nathmatt

January 21, 2011, 05:26:26 pm #1022 Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:16:24 am by nathmatt
ok so i got Niche to create me a battery hud i also added a command window that opens when you search cabinets and stuff with more than one spot to search

edit: wow i scared everyone away
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

The Niche

I can't see the image acos of censorship. Would you mind uploading to photobucket?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

The Niche

OMFG WE HAVE THE SAME CURSOR SCHEME!!! Can we has sex? :V:

Seriously, that's fucking cool. One thing that's always bothered me, however, is how exactly you make the bar fill? Like I gave you three pictures, but you aren't using any of them, you're using something in between and I have a funny feeling it's not because you made pictures for every amount of fill.

Back on topic, is this a point and click game? The concept looks amazing and I like the windowskin, but there isn't really much else I can say since there's so little there.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

nathmatt

January 22, 2011, 04:32:54 pm #1026 Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:35:10 pm by nathmatt
actually im using all 3 i think the black is blending into the dark

edit i am horrible at making graphics so i use what i can

edit2 im going to try to put up a demo soon
Join Dead Frontier
My script

The Niche

Yay! Also, I can see the frame, but that's in all three pictures. What's puzzling me is how you're making it halfway between the full and empty pictures.

nathmatt

off topic
def draw_bar(x,y,rate)
    body = RPG::Cache.picture('Battery')
    bw = body.width
    bh = body.height
    empty = RPG::Cache.picture('Battery_Empty')
    ew = empty.width
    eh = empty.height
    full = RPG::Cache.picture('Battery_Full')
    fw = full.width
    fh = full.height
    self.blt(x, y,body,Rect.new(0,0,bw,bh))
    self.blt(x+3,y,empty,Rect.new(0,0,ew,eh))
    self.blt(x+3,y,full,Rect.new(0,0,fw*rate,fh))
  end
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Ryex

Quote from: The Niche on January 22, 2011, 04:47:19 pm
Yay! Also, I can see the frame, but that's in all three pictures. What's puzzling me is how you're making it halfway between the full and empty pictures.

Quote from: nathmatt on January 22, 2011, 05:13:59 pm
off topic
def draw_bar(x,y,rate)
    body = RPG::Cache.picture('Battery')
    bw = body.width
    bh = body.height
    empty = RPG::Cache.picture('Battery_Empty')
    ew = empty.width
    eh = empty.height
    full = RPG::Cache.picture('Battery_Full')
    fw = full.width
    fh = full.height
    self.blt(x, y,body,Rect.new(0,0,bw,bh))
    self.blt(x+3,y,empty,Rect.new(0,0,ew,eh))
    self.blt(x+3,y,full,Rect.new(0,0,fw*rate,fh))
  end

to clarify that for you he is only drawing part of the full image ontop of a background
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Spaceman McConaughey

January 23, 2011, 12:20:26 am #1030 Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:23:55 am by Tuggernuts
Quote from: Sase on January 18, 2011, 09:58:25 am
@Tuggernuts: First off let me say that the screenshot looks nice, and is very nicely tinted and fogged to create a nice atmosphere.
However, the bridge on top: Since the camera in Rpg Maker is pretty much exactly 45 degrees, we should also see the cliffs of the end of the bridge, and in this case we don't. So unless the bridge is really, really long (I'm talking about more than hundred meters), there would be the background. Another thing is the "waterfall" that starts out of nowhere. The water would run out very quickly, even if it rained a lot more than it does on that screen, and there wouldn't be a "waterfall". There is also a log out of nowhere on the left, no stump or anything remains but the log is still there.
This might feel like nitpicking, but hard to come up with any else criticism on that map.

Thank you for the compliments.

The bridge on top? It pretty much is there for eye candy I have added in the title system. Example: you choose "new game", he runs across the bridge, to show you the game is starting. I thought it looked nice, and it would be better than total Skyward Sword sky-diving suicide.

The waterfall? Venus(at least in my vision for the game) was a planet rich in liquid methane(it's not water, lol. I still need to recolor all of my water tiles and autotiles.), and as such, is filled with springs that have it emerge from the planet to the surface, which is what you see.

The log? Yeah, that makes sense. I'll fix it.

ForeverZer0

You do know that methane is not a liquid unless it is under almost 50 times the pressure of the Earth's atmosphere, right?
I had no problem with the well or the bridge, I think they look great, but I may have a hard time buying the whole "liquid methane" thing.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Spaceman McConaughey

And let us not forget it's a fantasy game, right? And no, I did not know. SUE ME. :V:

But really, thank you for that. I made a big boo-boo in my setting, and in my scientific studies at some point. >.<

Changing.

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Tuggernuts on January 23, 2011, 12:59:13 am
And let us not forget it's a fantasy game, right? And no, I did not know. SUE ME. :V:

My lawyer will be in contact with you within the next day or so.  ;)
Keep on making them sexy maps.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Spaceman McConaughey

Kagutsuchi

The Eternal Saga's new title screen =D

Outside the first temple

RoseSkye

I mean this with the harshest of offense in mind... that title looks ugly.

Kagutsuchi

D= Not everyone is an artist  :ninja:

RoseSkye

Don't get me wrong the logo is awesome but the trees are ugly.

Kagutsuchi

Ok, I got an older title screen, but when my hard drive went bye bye I lost the psd file :( and I wanted to make new text for the title screen. And can't seem to find the picture I used. Here is the old title screen. Moar trees, but I think this one turned out better in that regard. (Though I don't like the logo as much)