Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiine

To be honest, your 'new' title screen you made, the text is very hard to read. It kinda blends in with the background and all the decals around the text makes you have to stop and stare a bit at it to make out the letters.

Over all, the text is to busy. Why not try a different font that is easier to read, and maybe arrange the text in something other then a line? Maybe mess with the size some.

RoseSkye

The older title screen looks better but you need to use picture text instead of the text box.
mog's title or paradog title should fit.

Kagutsuchi

Reworked the title screen a little bit, and using paradog's title edit.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Runefreak

The entrance to Haylo Town, what do ya think?

ForeverZer0

February 27, 2011, 10:26:32 pm #1044 Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:28:47 pm by ForeverZer0
Looks a little bit flat. I would suggest not having the top step end evenly with the top edge of the wall. I think you if you shortened them down some, it would help add a sense of height to the wall.

Other than that it looks pretty good. I personally am not a fan of maps where people feel the need to fill every last tile with something, which you thankfully did not do. Being simple and tasteful goes a long way.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Runefreak

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have a look at it and make some changes. This was pretty much a quick draft of the entrance, I'll upload another version soon.

Ryex

you should also add some form of decoration the the walls, plants, cracks, something. just three for four tiles of decoration on the wall will go a long way.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

RoseSkye

Quote from: Kagutsuchi on February 06, 2011, 08:30:42 am
Ok, I got an older title screen, but when my hard drive went bye bye I lost the psd file :( and I wanted to make new text for the title screen. And can't seem to find the picture I used. Here is the old title screen. Moar trees, but I think this one turned out better in that regard. (Though I don't like the logo as much)

Use this with pictures.

Runefreak

February 28, 2011, 04:43:20 am #1048 Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:14:57 am by Runefreak
Ok here is my new version.

AliveDrive

Not that it's your fault, but something with the grass doesn't sit right with me.

http://davide-86.deviantart.com/art/rpg-maker-xp-the-best-tileset-87003600?q=boost:popular%20rpg%20maker%20xp&qo=5

Here's an all in one tileset I found on dA.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Ryex

it still looks odd because the stairs are even with the top of the wall, they should be one tile shorter at least. other than that great improvement.

Also add spoilers to your images. it's one of the forums rules
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

AliveDrive

Quote from: Kagutsuchi on February 25, 2011, 12:14:58 pm
Reworked the title screen a little bit, and using paradog's title edit.

I for one, love it. My only problem is the R in eternal is a little hard to read, but I'm just nitpicking.
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Runefreak

Hmm I'll see what else I can do for the entrance.

Oh and here is my title screen, credits to shalaren metropolis for making the title screen and logo.

I'm planning on making custom buttons (new game, continue, quit), because these are the default ones that go with the script.

Kagutsuchi

G_G

Not quite a screeny yet but wanted to show off my awesome sword attack for Pixel Warrior.

I'll get a screenshot of it in game, or even just record a video. Looks a lot better in game.

AliveDrive

Oh....

Now I see.

I like it. But I wonder how it would look if the enemies attack was just to jump on you or slam into you.

But then you wouldn't have cool little Geo-soldiers xD

Taiine

Update to my evented title screen.

winkio

It still makes no sense.  Explain again why Bane is above Demons?

stripe103

Taiine

Cause the letters interlock nicely? That's like asking why is 'Of' inside the O in 'World of Warcraft'
Or why Kinect Adventures has 'Kinect' tiny and 'Adventures' super big.