Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kagutsuchi

Personally I cant decide if it is saying Demons Bane or Pemons Bane =P
And look who is talking xD

(btw, it looks awesome)

Taiine

I don't see how you're getting a P out of that. the line down is fare to short and narrow compared to the rest of the letter to get a P out of it.

winkio

I mean, I looked at it switched around in Photoshop, and it actually looks better.  And it is in the correct direction.  So two things going for you the other way.

Taiine

Well that is your opinion. I'm not changing it any more then I already had. It is fine, people can read it easily and you see quite a few logos playing with word placements, even in the manner mine is done in.

Look at this
http://brettcisneros3d.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/zestypeppers_logo_small.jpg
That's the same style as mine WAS, with the bigger letters.

Seriously there is no problem with it being how it is, lot of logos play with their word placements-colors-sizes-etc. Now I'd appreciate it if you'd drop it and quit trying to make me change it how 'you' think it should be.

Spaceman McConaughey

But it says "Zesty Peppers" not "Peppers Zesty". >.<

Yours is "Demons Bane", so you say, but it looks exactly like "Bane Demons".

That comparison you just did is very poor.

winkio

Tuggernuts, logic already failed, he's as stubborn as a fundamentalist, just let it go.

RoseSkye

Siding with winkio and tuggingnuts.

Taiine

I am a SHE thank you vary much. God sakes, I had already altered my damn logo to make the B smaller and everyone agreed it worked better and you could read it right. Stop reading it from right to left and read it like Americans do from left to right and you clearly read the D first. Just as was said when I made a thread about HOW IT LOOKS and all said make the B smaller and when I did, everyone agreed it could be read just fine.

This thread is suppose to be about showing off screenshots. Not people trying to force their ideals on someone else to have something their way.

winkio

Nobody's forcing you to do anything, we are just giving you feedback.  Calm down.

And as I said he she obviously is too stubborn to listen.  So let's all stop being annoying here.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Taiine on March 05, 2011, 11:38:40 pm
I am a SHE thank you vary much. God sakes, I had already altered my damn logo to make the B smaller and everyone agreed it worked better and you could read it right. Stop reading it from right to left and read it like Americans do from left to right and you clearly read the D first. Just as was said when I made a thread about HOW IT LOOKS and all said make the B smaller and when I did, everyone agreed it could be read just fine.

This thread is suppose to be about showing off screenshots. Not people trying to force their ideals on someone else to have something their way.

Say.
I don't get what you are trying to

Starrodkirby86

Gee, heavy atmosphere here.

Myself's own opinion though, I'm more personally attached to having the sort of approach where "Bane" and "emons" pretty much trade places (With the exception of that space there). That appeals to me more. Though once I do see the "D", and if I see it first, my eye does follow the trail to make "Demons", and then out comes "Bane"...

I really like the icy effects of it that make it seem a little ethereal.

But enough with this logo stuff (I know winkio, you told everyone to stop, but I wanted to give at least some of my input too xP).

And I'll actually comment on the mapping part of it all. Is the map animated? Does it pan the screen or something? o: I'll have to say that it looks pretty nice. :)

Let's try going in-depth for a bit...

That top-left area looks funky. o_O Is it supposed to be a small protruding lip of the cliff or something? The sudden cliff tile (The lack of a ground-cliff tile rather) was something that threw me off. Maybe a middle ground-cliff tile can help smooth that out?

That's all I can see for now. xD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Taiine

Yes it's a map, the water animates and there's a fog rolling across. I'm planing once you hit new game that a cut scene starts off on that very map to start the intro.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Taiine on March 06, 2011, 12:20:34 am
Yes it's a map, the water animates and there's a fog rolling across. I'm planing once you hit new game that a cut scene starts off on that very map to start the intro.

That is what I do, and Quintessence's creator. Hope to see how you do it. :3

Shalaren

about yout explenation of how its to be read. your wrong, when you read something, you allways start with the words that begin on top of what you read. just like comics, you will read the top first, the D doesnt say anything. it doesnt make the word go first. because imagen the letters "emons" will become as big as the D, the word "Bane" will be pushed up. ending to be "Bane demons".  

none tried to tell you to change anything, they  gave you simple feedback about whats wrong and whats not. and as stubborn as everyone else, they fought to prove a point. your logo, you choice.

now to your shot, I really like what you did there, since you said evented. is it animated? like you see the water animating in the back?

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Shalaren on March 06, 2011, 05:17:41 pm
now to your shot, I really like what you did there, since you said evented. is it animated? like you see the water animating in the back?

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on March 06, 2011, 12:18:13 am
And I'll actually comment on the mapping part of it all. Is the map animated? Does it pan the screen or something? o: I'll have to say that it looks pretty nice. :)

Quote from: Taiine on March 06, 2011, 12:20:34 am

Ahahaha. xD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Shalaren

March 06, 2011, 05:45:45 pm #1075 Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 05:53:02 pm by Shalaren
 :stfu:

also what do you guys think of my new logo? o:
Spoiler: ShowHide

AliveDrive

I like it, the older one annoyed me for some reason. This one is crisp and satisfying, like Sprite.

This kind, not the other.: ShowHide

Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Shalaren

:huh: ah you gotta love the randomness.

what was so bad in the last one? xD

AliveDrive

Nothing in particular really. No offense. I think the new title is a real improvement.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Spaceman McConaughey

To be honest, I always preferred the original, the one that came before "Gates of the Underworld". It looked smexiest. :D