Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Your title looks awesome. The style of the art is really appealing.

Fishface

Just another quick question:

Do you think these char sets work with this tileset?

Spoiler: ShowHide

If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

I tried ripping sprites from a few PSX action rpgs I thought might match better (Diablo, Legacy Of Kain) with no luck.

JellalFerd

And now for something not at all related to Aluxes.

:V:

QuoteFrank says:
But obviously they put on that shirt on in the morning.
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

Holyrapid

@fishface, sure the characters work, but i don't like those trees... they end too sharply at the bottom... Like they were cut with a saw...

The Niche

Beware the tree-bottom-cutter-with-saw-er!
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Lobstrosity

o.o The trees look fine to me. The tileset works well with the characters.
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

Fishface

May 22, 2011, 12:46:04 pm #1106 Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 12:53:19 pm by Fishface
LOL yeah, I'm not a fan of the big trees, but I really like the little ones. I don't think the char sprites match 100% but I don't really feel like redoing a bunch of npcs/animal/whatever sprites.

These graphics are from Legacy Of Kain: Blood Omen, it really awesome because they are all 32x32 tiles which makes it SO much easier to convert them to tilesets.

Here's a random question: does the size of a tileset affect the running speed of the game at all?

For example, i have 2 tilesets. 1 for indoors, 1 for outdoors both are 256x29984. Does that have any negative impact at all?

The Niche

According to Enterbrain and a few people, yes. But I've never experienced it myself.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Blizzard

256x29984 * 4 colors means that you game needs about 60 MB of RAM for those two tilesets and it will take some time to load them the first. Keep that in mind because too high loading times can cause a "Scripts is hanging" error.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Kamel

I don't want to creat new topic, so what is the biggest charaset template?
I mean something like that:

The biggest one, which I found has 384x384 size. Are there bigger?

Spaceman McConaughey

Why don't you make one like that, but bigger?

That would be so simple, it's not even worth me mentioning. :P

Kamel

Hmm... so, can I use any size? There is no required sizes?

ForeverZer0

Yeah, RMXP simply breaks the image into 16 equal parts, no matter the size. The main issue with doing that is it is not smart enough to recognize a larger sprite, and it all areas other than the 32x32 base will be passable, meaning you can have some funky graphical things like the player being able to walk through the sprites sides. :(
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

winkio

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on May 23, 2011, 06:09:02 pm
The main issue with doing that is it is not smart enough to recognize a larger sprite, and it all areas other than the 32x32 base will be passable, meaning you can have some funky graphical things like the player being able to walk through the sprites sides. :(

Unless you use Blizz-ABS  8)

Kamel

May 24, 2011, 04:25:28 am #1114 Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 01:07:14 pm by Kamel
Heeeeeeell yea ! Thanks a lot

What about icons? Can they be 32x32 ?

@game_guy
ok, thanks

G_G

Nope. Limited to 24x24.

Shin Migumi

Here is this hellacious map I have been working on the past couple of days. It's a floating world that is 100x100 in my game i'm calling "Project Sinister" for now. It still needs more work but here it what it looks like so far..

In game it looks like this. I'll be using XP characters mostly, but the VX characters are apart of the story as well.

tell me what you guys think.

Spoofus

here is a few screen shots of a few things:

2 pictures of how my battle system is turning out:

i am still working out a few issues with my battle system,my main concern is..well you can see the enemy battlers seen a bit out of
when using map as battle back from TONs, i am trying to figure a way to make go grey during battle and return to normal hue after the battle ends  :( . But all in all it is starting to look good i think.

and one of a map i did the other day:

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Fishface

Here is a map with shadows and some sprite edits I made. Does anything look strangely colored?

G_G

The only thing thats strangely colored is the windows title bar. O__O I can't see the text. Map looks great though.