Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdred

The past two months or so I have been making a game from scratch in C++. Watch the progress! :)

Map test, code-generated map: ShowHide

Same: ShowHide

CharacterCreation: ShowHide

First real map: ShowHide

DeathLock

Well, the code generated map looks fine on one side, but the other side is just empty. While the first real map looks good, but still could be filled up a bit, rather than having that empty space. The character creation, could be a bit more attractive, such as a scene or background, etc.

Some screens from an upcoming project.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Ryex

HOLLY FREAKING CRAP IT'S DEATHLOCK!  good to see ya DL. Nice maps
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Reives

@Death: Nifty and modern. :D Nicely done. I recommend turning up the grey-scale for the darker settings by the way, that'd avoid the blueness thingy.

-
From a few of my projects:

:~

G_G

ForeverZer0

Quote from: game_guy on September 18, 2011, 08:57:03 pm
Very nice!

This.
I love how you did the lighting, especially in the last pic.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Reives

Thanks guys. Aye, I'm surprised not many people do custom lighting fogs nowadays, it could really make a nice difference.

AliveDrive

Reives, did you make Do You Remember My Lullaby?
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Reives

I did. . . am I in trouble? :facepalm:

AliveDrive

Not at all!

I love your mapping style!

And I know exactly what you mean about custom lighting fogs.

G_G, this is the style I base my maps on.

How far along is To The Moon?
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Reives

Heheh, that's nice to hear. Thanks, Alive. To the Moon's coming out in full next month.

AliveDrive

Interestingly enough I bought Plants Vs. Zombies on PS3 today.

The soundtrack is amazing and I like what I've seen of the soundtrack for To The Moon so far as well.

Next month? I am excited to hear that! ^,^

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zylos

So, probably no one here knows or at least remembers my first project I started four years ago called Midnight. It was a survival horror game that looked like crap, but had fun gameplay. I made a sequel of a sort called Genesis Project for a contest on this site about two years ago, but always wanted to come back to this again. This is some of the progress:

The front foyer as it looks updated. It used to be just a block that was pretty empty, but I think it looks at least a bit better now. Plus the majority of the game is played in darker settings, lit either by your trusty lighter or some flares left by other survivors. You can see that I really like the aura of light effect, too.

Just a note, it looks brighter because of the flare from the gun, I caught a kinda awkward moment in the shot. Anyway, uses fast gunplay and tactical evasion just like in Genesis Project. With tighter hallways and more enemies though, evasion will not always be an easy thing to accomplish. I also managed to find a suitable fix for the annoying problem of attacks going through walls, so yay for that too.

The knife from Genesis Project is back, and with some actual animation to it. Changes based on the player's direction and the whole works there, but more importantly it's actually a lot more useful in tight situations, such as narrow corridors or driving off an enemy who's got you cornered. Blood looks a bit more realistic too, though it's a work in progress still.

Fancy that, finding a shotgun in a survival horror. What are the odds? Multiple weapons that you can switch on the fly with the press of a button. So far there's the standard handgun, the quicker but less powerful machine gun, and the monsterous shotgun (which was an utter b!#$@ to sprite), but there's room for one or two more, like hand grenades and perhaps a flare gun.

And quickly...

OLD MAP FROM FOUR YEARS AGO:

NEW MAP FROM TWO DAYS AGO:

That is all.

G_G

I remember the project. I can't remember if I ever beat it but I do remember playing it. The screenshots look fantastic! :3

Reives

Ooh, I especially like the gun's firing visual effect.

Zylos

Thanks Reives, means a lot to hear that from someone I look up to. :3

The animation is not perfect yet, but it's definitely a good bit of progress. The thing I dislike most is the machine gun animation, due to the weapon firing at a fast rate of only two frames between attacks and causing enough lag to screw up the effects.

Reives

Ooh, Zylos!! Hahah, I didn't recognize you at first because your avatar has gotten so realistic since the last time I saw you. :P Hope you've been well man!

I hope videos are okay here too. o:

http://www.youtube.com/v/aco9lvygatQ

Ryex

wow, That game looks freaking bad-ass! I'd totally play the shit out of it.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

stripe103

And so would I: It looks really awesome and well made. I can't wait :D