Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

4 to 5 hours. Thanks for letting me know. I'm working on a modern map and the following took me a very painful 1 hour:

I have to admit, I never really practiced mapping very much, but it's way more tedious than I had imagined it to be xD

EDIT:
While I'm showing it, I'd like some feedback guys :)
It's not finished, I still have to fill the two blocks in the middle.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

brendan_pr

November 10, 2011, 04:27:22 pm #1181 Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:59:24 pm by brendan_pr
Looks pretty good for a modern city. My world is dystopian so being messy only helps, yours looks more like reality if that's what you are going for. Still, most cities get dirty, once you have the rest of those squares filled you should scatter some garbage/trash cans around. Get some fog going (or atleast a little screen tint) and some weather and walk around the map looking for anywhere that looks "empty," then fill that spot with something, even if it's just a chunk of concrete on the ground. Also try to keep track of how far apart the debris is. You don't want two of the exact same types of garbage right beside each other

You can also try editing that white ground tile to have a few variations (maybe darker if it's under a fence?). So that you can add dark spots around the edges or around buildings etc. Try and get rid of any areas where there are too many white tiles bunched together. Too much of the same ground tile in one area is never good imo

here's a quick image showing what I mean, the blue side has a different ground texture below the building making it look more seamless:

Fantasist

Thanks for the tips, I'll work on the map more. :)
One little problem, the thumbnail you posted isn't linking to anything and I can't see anything xD
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

G_G

XNA Project I'm working on. This is the title screen with a fully working command window.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Starrodkirby86

I first thought the backwards S after Spawner was a 2. Then I realized it was a backwards S, so then I thought, Alien Spawners. Yet the window title says it's Alien Spawner?  :wacko:

So far, it's looking pretty cool. I love me a good retro. What's the menu fonts?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Spaceman McConaughey

That looks great, G_G. <3

I am especially digging the "Decisive Media Presents" bit. So official. :3

G_G

@SRK: :P I know. Small type on my part. Cameron (Kett Shee) has this friend who's super duper awesome in paint and made this logo for us. He made the letters by hand. The only thing he didn't do were the five commands below Alien Spawners. In return I have to help him out with a project later on. :3 It was a fair trade.

@Tuggernuts: Thanks.

The game will be simple enough. Its being made to test our new achievements system over at DM.

Title screen video preview. It has a nice easter egg that I show. :3

Futendra

Quote from: brendan_pr on November 09, 2011, 05:43:30 pm
Just finished a teleporter system that allows you to place a beacon anywhere you want in the game and create a link between that location and your home base. When you interact with the beacon you can also pick it up and place it somewhere else instead

It ended up that I needed a switch for every single map in the game and a condition page that will disable the beacon from turning on if it's already placed on any other map. I will have to do this for every beacon since I plan to allow the player to have multiple teleporters :P :)

Is that an eraserhead poster thingy?

G_G

Yes. I am spamming this thread with my progress. Deal with it. xP

Just for clarification, that orange bar constantly changes colors. And its only visible in "Endless Mode". You'll learn more about this bar later.

Futendra

Quote from: game_guy on December 30, 2011, 05:39:11 pm
Yes. I am spamming this thread with my progress. Deal with it. xP

Just for clarification, that orange bar constantly changes colors. And its only visible in "Endless Mode". You'll learn more about this bar later.

Lives look like optimus prime's dick

EDIT: Nice pic :P

Valdred

I am in the planning phase of a 3d game, which I have posted concept art for earlier. Here is the first model (a laptop).

Futendra

Quote from: Valdred on December 31, 2011, 01:02:38 pm
I am in the planning phase of a 3d game, which I have posted concept art for earlier. Here is the first model (a laptop).

If you wanna publish that, remove the windows sticker :P

Valdred

Yep, I will invent a fictitious OS and computer brand.

brendan_pr

January 01, 2012, 08:45:56 am #1193 Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 08:47:19 am by brendan_pr
Quote from: Futendra on December 30, 2011, 04:47:33 pm

Yes it is, I am a big fan of Lynch  :haha:

my game is pretty weird too, especially when you go to sleep

Futendra

Quote from: brendan_pr on January 01, 2012, 08:45:56 am
Quote from: Futendra on December 30, 2011, 04:47:33 pm

Yes it is, I am a big fan of Lynch  :haha:

my game is pretty weird too, especially when you go to sleep

Lynch is okay :)

Me and some friends did a Lynch-Marathon over 2 nights, damn we were fucked up

(maybe a little bit of the things we smoked had something to do with that too)

Holyrapid

Quote from: Valdred on December 31, 2011, 08:00:14 pm

Obviously it should be either Doors, or something related to the forums.
I.e OS would be Blizz-OS (ain't i a stinker) and the computer should be Chaos machine :D

G_G

Valdred

Quote from: Holyrapid on January 02, 2012, 03:21:05 pm
Quote from: Valdred on December 31, 2011, 08:00:14 pm

Obviously it should be either Doors, or something related to the forums.
I.e OS would be Blizz-OS (ain't i a stinker) and the computer should be Chaos machine :D

Not quite sure heh, to be honest I am on several other forums and I don't want anybody to feel neglected so I guess I'll just make up something.

Futendra

My title screen process :)

Splash: ShowHide

Title screen: ShowHide

The background and scroll text are scrolling. The sword is the cursor.

Fenriswolf

Title screen looks great Futendra!

First thing that caught my attention when looking at the splash was how unnatural the sword looked.
My advice would be to make the sword and hilt, or at least the hilt, a bit longer.
The guard (part with the triangles) looks massive compared to the grip.