Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vexus

March 20, 2012, 05:49:03 am #1220 Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:50:39 am by Vexus
Not a bad map but it lacks some details all around. (Apart of the already said squarish problem)

There is several wild grass around this town but not 1 single flower, rock, plants etc etc in the grass? Try add some random stuff so that your map will be more lively :)

You can check my huge map on the previous page to see what I mean on the wild grass being empty.
Current Project/s:

MarkHest

@Vexus: Ah yes, i see what you mean. I'll copy the style of your map a bit and create some similar effects in the grass ;)

KobraStatik

This is a screenshot from my game, Red Crow. It's a seaside town called Okea surrounded by seven lakes, representing the water goddess and her seven angels who founded Okea. Here:
Spoiler: ShowHide
"You are one seriously crazed up fruitloop." ~ Danny
"You put to 'quo' in 'quid pro quo'." ~ Vladimir
"Why yes I am a tropical fruit, thank you for noticing, good sir." ~ Kobra

Spoofus

Well i was messing around with some of my systems in my project and i had a nice chance for a in battle test. :)

So here y'all go.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Vexus

I was experimenting some to make the forest more nice and came up with this:

Notice how the grass is over the undulation, what do you people think?

Let me know, peace.
Current Project/s:

Blizzard

Honestly, the first thing I thought when I saw the grass over the undulation was that it was a glitch. It's mostly probably because the shade of the grass is the same instead of being somewhat darker.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Tuggerfaggot

Quote from: Vexus on March 25, 2012, 01:27:14 pm
I was experimenting some to make the forest more nice and came up with this:

Notice how the grass is over the undulation, what do you people think?

Let me know, peace.

That looks nice, though the grass in the left corner going over the undulation is too obvious. May want to make it only go slightly over the corners of the undulation only, like it is everywhere else.

stripe103

If you are able to mimic the shading of the undulation and put that above the grass, it might look better. But otherwise, it's a good thought and with some changes, it might look really good. :)

Vexus

I see what you guys mean about the shading but sadly the tileset doesn't have any solution to that apart of editing it myself.

Oh well I'll see what I can do later.

Thanks people.
Current Project/s:

Spoofus

i spent most of my night mapping and i figured i'd show a part of a map i am currently working on.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Zexion

Though I don't know if this exact seen will make the cut ,but I really like it in the game because of the music, and bgs effect. This is actually a pretty nice cut-scene. This picture is right before the action starts, and before the characters are split up by the "bad guys".
SPOILER ALERT FOR MY GAME.: ShowHide

This one is after being split up. The characters are forced to fight each of the bad guys individually.
ANOTHER SPOILER: ShowHide

I used slightly different tints to show the passage of time through the battle. I used dubealex's ams and turned the window opacity to 0, then evented a picture behind the text. Works nicely, I think.

Dweller

This is a screen of my game 7 Islands to show you the HUD:

I´m using Z-HUD for Blizz-ABS (by Blizzard). Nathmatt help me to adapt the Z-HUD to the full party, the design (bars, and face) and the stats are mine.
Dwellercoc

Zexion

Nice dragon sprite :O, but to me, the more distracting thing was that button. What  is the fourth button on the window for?

Dweller

April 16, 2012, 03:26:29 am #1233 Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 03:29:40 am by Dweller
Quote from: Zexion on April 16, 2012, 02:36:49 am
Nice dragon sprite :O, but to me, the more distracting thing was that button. What  is the fourth button on the window for?

This button is to switch between monitors (on a dual monitor configuration).

The Dragon sprite is a working in progress sprite (just there to compare with characters size). He will be an static boss (he will be animated but not move, just use breath, magic and melee attack when players get in range)
Dwellercoc

AliveDrive

Dear Vexus,

Your mapping is seriously good.

Sincerely,

AD
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Sase

Small ones:

Big ones:

Animated battler gifs:

Some of you might know the sources of these rips :)

MarkHest

Those... are some beautifull maps you have there! :O.o:

Vexus

A work in progress map of a hopefully upcoming project.

Yes, black and white is intentional

It utilizes the fade room effect script of littledrago to make the previous rooms darker to add some suspense and mystery (At least that's the idea :P ).
Current Project/s:

Boba Fett Link

@Sase: Looks really cool. Lots of cool atmosphere effects with the lighting and such!

@Vexus: I like the black and white effect. Did you just change the resolution to gray?
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

Vexus

No, I edit the tilesets into black and white so I can still have stuff on the map, monsters and some effects showing colours. (Red)
Current Project/s: