Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimTrigger

June 03, 2012, 04:25:55 pm #1300 Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:32:45 pm by GrimTrigger
Here is a map I recently used in my project. It's a river that runs through a thick forest. The break in the waterfall has a Runestone which bestows party bonuses (this one grants nice Dexterity boost.) There are no roads because it's a largely unexplored and ancient forest.

In creator (whole map)
Spoiler: ShowHide

In game (deep in the forest)

In game (reading the Runestone)

R.A.V.S.O

Ok here's an interactive cutscene screenshot I took...
basically I removed visible tilesets and added walkable invisible ones, then placed a long panorama
and finally replaced the player sprites for crosshairs to give out a fake first person view perspective.

moving the crosshair (player) sprite makes the panorama also move along with it giving it the sense of the player rotating to get a better view.

here's the pic:

also note how in the HUD it says there's oxygen in "deep space" well first of all... no this is not a mistake
if you can put two on two this is basically an in-game spoiler where the player can tell he or she was actually
in a VR simulation all this time. (you can only get this cutscene in one section of the game im working at)
Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

GrimTrigger

@ R.A.V.S.O.

That looks pretty interesting.

Boba Fett Link

@GrimTrigger

Nice maps! One thing I don't like is that long waterfall. It looks a little bland. Maybe break it up with some cliffs and make it so that not all of the sections of it are at the same level.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

GrimTrigger

Quote from: Boba Fett Link on June 05, 2012, 09:12:42 pm
@GrimTrigger

Nice maps! One thing I don't like is that long waterfall. It looks a little bland. Maybe break it up with some cliffs and make it so that not all of the sections of it are at the same level.

Ya I see what you mean. I didn't put a whole lot of effort into that corner of the map, because the bulk of it is outside the visual range of the player. A lot of my maps have large incomplete areas because they simply aren't seen in play do to passage restrictions and design. Putting that aside, I have been going back and breaking up the waterfalls that ARE visable in other areas. I add smaller versions of that mid-waterfall island, or thin rock walls to spruce it up.

What I really need to do is make some custom rocks, like stones that can just stick out of rock faces, waterfalls, etc. If I make them taper off to a point at the bottom, I can avoid having large amounts of unnatural perfectly straight columns in my landscape......

...add another thing to my list of custom tileset graphics.

Landith

Church: ShowHide

City: ShowHide

I feel as if the Church tileset needs more... I am using Blizz's edited church from CoSLaL, as I love the corner piece that isn't in the original. I still feel it needs more to it though, the whole church is seemingly bland :/

Also, a quick cutscene whenever you enter the city as the clock says 3 o'clock you are in a rush for a reason  ;).
(I am going to find a way to have that clock be a 'real time' clock for the game. Being it will turn dark around 7 pm-ish and day around 9 am-ish. Probably no practical use except for this one cutscene, but it might add a touch of realism in the game having it there.)

Vexus

You can always add chairs, benches, drawers, etc etc in your church to make it look better.

I would post a screen of a church of mine but it doesn't have the diagonal corridors so I don't think it would help.
Current Project/s:

Blizzard

@Landith: So far no game really made the realtime thing work so well and I suggest you don't try it either. If you want an ingame clock, that's cool, but don't make it connected to the real world. We once had a discussion on this.
BTW, the maps look awesome. <3
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Landith

June 10, 2012, 04:23:12 pm #1308 Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:25:15 pm by Landith
Oh no I didn't mean actual real time :P I meant based on yours and Fugibo(LongFellow)'s ATES. Like if you were to sit and watch the clock go to 7 pm it would fade to night, etc... I'm sure I could get it to work with the day and night switches but I just need to find a way to update it based on whatever time it is when you enter the town :P

Church Outside: ShowHide

After about an hour of messing around with the default church tileset I finally got the effect I was looking for.

Blizzard

This looks fucking awesome. <3

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Landith

June 11, 2012, 02:37:39 am #1310 Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:25:22 pm by Landith
Thank you, thank you<3

That map is actually based off of an old church map I mapped for one of my games that fell through, just revamped to give it an abandoned/run-down feel. The only thing left is to recolor the pillars/entrance as well as the rails/stairs to match the overall feel of the map. Oh and make the over hanging banners, stand-alone banners have some tears in it(as well as recolor the stand-alone ones to match the hanging).

Shop Scene: ShowHide

Cosmetic Lighting attempt #1, yay or nay?

Blizzard

Quick question. When you move around in the previous screenshot, does the lighting map move around as well? I'm thinking of adding lighting maps in CP just for the lulz.

Landith

Yes, what you do is have a film layer by taking a screenshot in the editor at 100% then adding black to where you don't want the light to be, then import it as a fog layer so when you move around it doesn't just stay there. You can have a picture if your map is the default size as the screen won't move around. That particular image looks like:

but you can have images as big as

which looks like

(I'm still not completely satisfied with the church yet but ehh... I'll get around to fixing it.

Every map of mine that is inside will have cosmetic lighting though, as it adds that nice touch to your game.

Blizzard

In other words, the game will have lots of MB because of the fogs. I'll think about it.

Landith

The second fog image is 1088x736 and still is only 93kb so your still looking at 1MB per every 10-12 or so fogs of that size. But for a game as big as CP I can see where you're coming from :P

Blizzard

829 maps. ._. And that's without BE. ._. It would literally double the game's size. xD But I guess I don't have to make it in every map. e.g. No point in making lighting in outdoor maps.

Landith

June 22, 2012, 12:09:46 pm #1316 Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:13:45 pm by Landith
Definitely not lol

The small maps that are like shops and whatnot are normally ~20-30KB so it's not too bad at all and since I'm probably only going to have about 150 or so maps it shouldn't increase the filesize too much

The only hassle is how long it takes each map to do.

G_G

June 22, 2012, 01:01:29 pm #1317 Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 01:02:41 pm by game_guy
I wanted to show off one of the last things I'm working on in RMXP.

Basic view of Skill Grid.

Confirmation on purchase.

Face expression changes and an animation plays when you make a purchase.

Skill showing off "Added States".

Skill showing off "Remove States".

Arrows:
Gray Arrow means that you cannot buy the next skill.
Red Arrow means you can buy the next skill.
Green Arrow means you have already bought the next skill.

Landith

I like the grid better that close together. Well done.

element

Game guy, that is PRICELESS

When do you think you can release this? I would like to use it in all of my games :D