Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

This was something that was actually private. If you'd like to use it, you'll have to get a hold of Tuggernuts (who is actually perma-banned) You can try to get a hold of him through Skype. (tuggernutsx-12) Sorry for being such a tease. :<

Landith

Going in a different direction for the main city in my game.
Been working on this for about 3 hours, how is it looking?
Castle Town Edited: ShowHide

Obviously there is lots of work to be done, so don't take that near to be a finished map.

Boba Fett Link

The wall around the lower portion of the map looks strange. It doesn't fit with the RTP's viewpoint.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

Landith

What do you mean? I know about the error on the stairs where they don't line up but they are in the right perspective as the RTP o_o

Blizzard

July 06, 2012, 07:12:51 pm #1324 Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 07:14:17 pm by Blizzard
The stairs are weird. The big stairs look like they are already going to the top and the small stairs are kind of redundant. If you split the big stairs into two halves, you can actually see it. If you walked up the "left" half , you get to the tile in between the stairs. But if you walked up the "right" half, you basically hit the small stairs once you get to the top of the big stairs.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Landith

Ahhh yea I see what you mean, I'll play with it and see how it looks. I put the small stairs there because I thought it was weird not having them there..it looked odd to me.

Boba Fett Link

The RTP's viewpoint only shows walls facing down. Look at one of the cave tilesets to see my point.

The walls facing down are visible, the left and right aren't, and the up ones are passable because they block the player's view of the ground.

Your walls are visible from both the left and right, and based off the corners the up ones aren't passable.

mroedesigns

July 08, 2012, 05:16:13 am #1327 Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:24:11 am by mroedesigns
Quote from: game_guy on June 22, 2012, 01:01:29 pm
I wanted to show off one of the last things I'm working on in RMXP.

O.o insane. I've always wanted to do something similar to this for Bloodlines. The closest Ive gotten so far is the character creation menu I'm working on, which is event-driven.

Quote from: Landith on July 02, 2012, 05:03:20 am
Going in a different direction for the main city in my game.
Been working on this for about 3 hours, how is it looking?
Castle Town Edited: ShowHide

Obviously there is lots of work to be done, so don't take that near to be a finished map.

I can see where you're going with those stairs, and the perspective looks right to me. I think I can throw together a quick edit you could throw in your tileset to fix it.

Edit ::

Here's an edit and a mini-guide on how to use the two new tiles, if you like them.

Before and after (big-ish)
Spoiler: ShowHide

Usage (if you like it)

Save that image. Open your tileset in photoshop or paint. Stretch the bottom of the canvas down, and paste the image in. Be sure to check that it is aligned correctly with the grid.

The bottom tile is the same, Replace the stair tile and the tile above it with the two new tiles.

Enjoy!

One more piece of advice. The tiles to the left and right of the top of the stairs are corner pieces, not end pieces. I think using end pieces would look a little bit better with this edit.

Landith

Quote from: Boba Fett Link on July 07, 2012, 12:17:37 pm
The RTP's viewpoint only shows walls facing down. Look at one of the cave tilesets to see my point.

The walls facing down are visible, the left and right aren't, and the up ones are passable because they block the player's view of the ground.

Your walls are visible from both the left and right, and based off the corners the up ones aren't passable.

If you're talking about the red and orange thing, those are roofs. Look at the default Castle Town tileset, those are what are on it.

@mroe- Thanks, I definitely like your up-stairs more and will definitely use them :D

mroedesigns

Quote from: Landith on July 09, 2012, 12:12:25 am
@mroe- Thanks, I definitely like your up-stairs more and will definitely use them :D

No problem!

now you owe me one! mwahahahahaha :V

Boba Fett Link

Quote from: Landith on July 09, 2012, 12:12:25 am

If you're talking about the red and orange thing, those are roofs. Look at the default Castle Town tileset, those are what are on it.

:facepalm: My bad.

Calintz

October 03, 2012, 11:09:20 pm #1331 Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:11:11 pm by Calintz
if any of you remember, i created a treetop village tileset for RMXP a while back. the first screen shot posted here is of a treetop village tileset i tailored for use with RMVX. the second screen shot is of the entrance to a castle within the walls of a mountain. more work to be done with that tileset, but this is what i have so far.

Amarillo Village:

Amarillo Castle Entrance:

i'm planning to add some statues to the top of the pillars in the entrance tileset amongst some other things. let me know what you guys think.

KK20

I probably won't be the last to mention it, but the bridges in the first picture bug me. With them being perpendicular to each other, the "natural" flow of the bridge doesn't work right. Maybe if the edges weren't so refined (aka less obvious that there is a clear separation between the two bridge directions) or if there was like a square platform between the joints.

I do like the concept.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Calintz

October 03, 2012, 11:31:49 pm #1333 Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:42:04 pm by Calintz
hmm...that doesn't personally bother me, but let me look into that.

it's too late to make the edits now; i'm heading to bed, but i've done a little browsing and i have a solution for the problem which will also give the player a greater variety on constructing their tree top village. i'll get around to posting the updates sometime later this week hopefully.

gerrtunk

November 14, 2012, 03:10:29 pm #1334 Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:58:41 pm by Blizzard
Im working in a new project, more shorter and simplier, expect a demo for weeks, the game uses a 8bits styled graphics and playability(but not totally) in rpgmaker XP. Im making all the resources and most of the graphics are mine:

Note that they are from the spanish version... and that all of its improvable, xD.

Blizzard

*puts screenshots into spoilers*
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Apidcloud

Quote from: gerrtunk on November 14, 2012, 03:10:29 pm
Im working in a new project, more shorter and simplier, expect a demo for weeks, the game uses a 8bits styled graphics and playability(but not totally) in rpgmaker XP. Im making all the resources and most of the graphics are mine:

Note that they are from the spanish version... and that all of its improvable, xD.

It's looking interesting - even though i'm no longer used to 8bits graphics-wise :D
Instead of wanting to be somebody else, rather become somebody else

"I will treasure the knowledge like a squirrel treasures acorns."

Gibbo Glast 2D Engine - The sky is no longer a limit

KK20

Fog of War. Still needs to be tweaked a bit, but I like how it turned out.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

your game is looking sweet :)

Spoofus

Just because I can.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/