Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

Sase

Testing a custom status scene I made by editing the default RMVXA scripts. Includes all kinds of useless information, like whether the character is in front or back row and evasion% etc.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Shek

This looks great, question though:
Why are you using VX? Then you can't use blizz abs!

WhiteRose

Quote from: Sase on December 19, 2013, 05:33:14 pm
Testing a custom status scene I made by editing the default RMVXA scripts. Includes all kinds of useless information, like whether the character is in front or back row and evasion% etc.

That looks great! It reminds me a lot of the SNES Final Fantasy games.

Sase

Zexion

Yesterday I made the base art for mirage arena:

Today I cleaned it up and made it look nicer:

All that's left is making the computers have different animations. I have some plans though for cool animations, but they have to wait until I develop all the character's art haha.
A comparison of V1 and V2

KK20

Still looking good ;)
The character sprite is pretty much the only thing that says "This was made with RPG Maker" to me.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

Quote from: KK20 on February 05, 2014, 02:05:12 am
Still looking good ;)
The character sprite is pretty much the only thing that says "This was made with RPG Maker" to me.

Does that come from the fact that it's the only real pixel art on the screen ? Haha

KK20

Other Projects

WhiteRose

Zexion, I am so jealous of your graphic making skills. Very amazing.

Zexion

Quote from: WhiteRose on February 05, 2014, 02:38:14 am
Zexion, I am so jealous of your graphic making skills. Very amazing.

Well, I am here if you ever need any graphics haha.

Zexion

I found random screens of an animal crossing game I wanted to make before newleaf lol.

Zexion

Some of my wonderland tiles. They are mainly a repurpose of the tiles I made for my unnamed rpg project (that is now paused for kh).

Wonderland as seen on the ABC show "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland". I made the decision to add this world a few days back when I learned that wonderland would be canceled after its first season. Since it was the only show I've actually liked on ABC (besides the wednesday night line-up), I thought it would be cool and totally acceptable to add to my game. (Since it is 'Wonderland', a disney based story).

It doesn't look to wonderland ish right now, but after I add some fancy mushrooms, fairies, and a cool fog effect I want to try out, it will looks sweet.

KK20

Quote from: Zexion on April 06, 2014, 08:06:32 am
(Since it is 'Wonderland', a disney based story).

While Disney did make a movie based off of the story "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland," it's not like Disney OWNS the idea of Wonderland (not yet that is *evil_monopolizing_mickey_face*).

Basically, what you are doing is turning the "HAPPY BRIGHT COLORS OF MAGIC AND STUFF" into a grittier, darker version. Maybe like "This land seems all too familiar yet different at the same time" kind of mood.

Other Projects

Blizzard

KK20 is right. Alice in Wonderland is public domain as are many other stories that Disney made into movies and cartoons. Their "performance" of Alice in Wonderland is copyrighted, though. That means while you can use anything from the original and add your own stuff, you can't use anything that Disney created.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zexion

Oh, I've always thought that it was a disney story since I had it in a book when I was little. I guess I just associated the book with disney my whole life xD Either way, I am going to do what KK20 said, by making it darker and grittier, so I really shouldn't need anything from disney. I guess I should probably do research into what I am going to put in the game, lol.

WhiteRose

You could always go the Madness Returns route. :V (Actually a pretty decent game, though the platforming got more than a little repetitive by the end. It had a cool atmosphere, though.)

On topic, I really like the trees in your tileset, Zexion. The white bark look is unique from most of the rest of RMXP, and stands out a lot. It looks great!

Ranquil

Quote from: Zexion on April 06, 2014, 05:33:42 pm
Oh, I've always thought that it was a disney story since I had it in a book when I was little. I guess I just associated the book with disney my whole life xD

.___. *goes to a corner to silently die from excessive facepalming...*

Anyway, the map is, at least at the moment, kinda empty and the shape seems a bit angular, but everything else looks great! As WhiteRose said, the white bark looks fantastic!
Some flowers or bushes here and there might make the map even more beautiful :3
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Zexion

Yeah, I fixed it up quite a bit since then!

Ranquil

Quote from: Zexion on April 07, 2014, 05:54:32 am
Yeah, I fixed it up quite a bit since then!

ZOMFG that looks phenomenal! ;o
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.