Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Too bad you can't see the panorama.

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Phasedscar

July 11, 2008, 01:26:15 am #221 Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 12:53:42 pm by Phasedscar
Alpha build SS3.  This screenshot still has a lot of incomplete doodads in it, but it shows more clearly the kind of art style I'm going for.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alpha build SS4.  Just to show a bridge between what I've done already and what's new.

My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

magic2345

:o NICE!! REALLY NICE!!
How did you manage to do that?? Did you draw it and then edit it in the computer? Or is it purely made from an image editing program?

Although, I don't think a pond's sides is supposed to have a straight line like that...
Other than that everything is awesome.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." -Kino's Journey

"Hm...What would uncle say?....
Life is like the clouds, it has two sides and a silverlining inbetween...Like a sandwich!! When life is hard, you take a bite out of the silverlining...."
-Zuko
Characters : 3%
Mapping : 1%
Graphics : 3%
Scripts : 20%

Phasedscar

It's digitally hand drawn...  meaning I make it all in the editor but in the same manner that I would a hand drawn image.  The water that I have there right now was for an older project (which you can get at my Icons and Tilesets studio in the resource section), I plan to edit it a little so it's more rounded, but until then that's my placeholder.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

When will there be a of your game? And when do you expect it to be done?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

DeathLock

Amazing screenshot, Phased. This should be one customized game.

Diokatsu

thats really really good. it's so nice it reminds me of this one game i played...and now i have a brain-*poop*

Phasedscar

Probably over a year...  I've been doing everything on a solo effort and it's been time consuming.  Simply put though, I've already put well over 200 man hours on my project as is, but there's so many things to do still that I simply can't finish it quickly.  I'm trying to reach out and find someone willing to use my custom sprites for my main characters to make battle animations for Blizz-ABS.  Though I can say once I get the artwork finished the rest will come quickly, right now that's about all that's holding me back.

That and I want to make sure my game is well rounded and polished when I finally finish it.  Going to quality over quantity.  Trying to go for a deep, unique, story and fun game play.  Those all take time to accomplish.

The good news however, the final story is drawn up, all the concepts are done, the database is completed, and it'll just be a matter of doing the artwork and the eventing / scripting before completion.

DeathLock

@Phased: Good luck with that. ^_^

Caro Ru Lushe

July 12, 2008, 04:45:30 pm #229 Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 01:28:30 pm by Blizzard

Sprite is posing for the camera

DeathLock

Very nice mapping, the only things I dislike is the fog. But that's only my opinion.

Diokatsu

amazing...ur game really impresses me caro!

Phasedscar

July 13, 2008, 01:06:21 am #232 Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 12:54:15 pm by Phasedscar
Now with even more doodads.  And for those who notice I've added in quite a few small details as well, you get a cookie!

One Long Panaramic: ShowHide

Caro Ru Lushe

Nortos

still gorgeous maps, nice flower autotile :D i use some made by me in my game

Blizzard

August 08, 2008, 12:18:31 pm #235 Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 12:20:11 pm by Blizzard
Trying out my new volcano tileset. >:3

DeathLock

What's with the blue rock? XD

Blizzard

August 08, 2008, 12:49:51 pm #237 Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 02:14:51 pm by Blizzard
Icerock. After Jason kicks it down into the lava, it will cool down and open a path to the box. Of course Jason will criticize the existence of icerocks in the volcano which I will either have to explain or make them "magic ice rocks". xD

EDIT:

>:3

Caro Ru Lushe

Whatever those things are . . . they look awesome!

Blizzard

Here's the final version of the puzzle and a few others.

>:3