Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zylos

Eins: ShowHide

"Stop crying, you big baby. It's just a little blood from an exploding zombie head."

Alternately... "Dirty mouth? Clean it up with Orbit Gum!"

Zwei: ShowHide

"Ah, the sweet serenity of a save room. Nothing going to eat me in here... or... or maybe there is... maybe there's a zombie behind those boxes, or... or under that desk, or under the tiles, or... or... in my pants... or..."

Drei: ShowHide

"I'm sorry sir, I've been drinking all night, so I'm fresh out of brains for you to eat. Sorry."

Sally

lol reminds me of... left 4 dead. looks good, very nice on the poses. and blood.

Zylos

Ah yes, forgot that CP isn't familiar with Midnight. Last year I had made a somewhat decent survival horror game called Midnight (with a system rather obviously inspired by the Resident Evil games), but due to technical errors with the ABS I had made and some serious lag, it was scrapped before I finished. In the time since, I've been learning some tricks and improvements for a remake someday, and now I've decided to take a second stab at making a Midnight game for the BlizzABS contest. It'll be a short non-canon game, but it should be fun. :3

Sally

wow i can wait to judge that also! sounds very awsome.

Cid

Quote from: Richard on April 07, 2009, 12:23:22 pm
the tilesets look a little offbalance

Off-balance? How so?

Revamped my city tileset. Same shot with a lick o' paint.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Reno-s--Joker

@Zylass: Wow - looks pretty exciting! Not to mention rather realistic. =D

@Cid: Preeetty good job there! Lol at the evil looking dude in the dark alleyway. o__o;

DeathLock

@Cid: Looks a bit better, but I just don't like the technique you used to shade the tileset. The buildings are using filters for the bricks, and most of the tileset is all desaturated, makes it look grey and dull.

Caro Ru Lushe

OMG~ CARO YOU COPYCAT YOU!!!: ShowHide

Zombie enemy isn't final, I'm still thinking what exactly to use. (Or alternatively, I might end up doing a Cannon of Said Anime).

Cid

Quote from: Reno-s--Batman on April 14, 2009, 07:24:16 am
@Cid: Preeetty good job there! Lol at the evil looking dude in the dark alleyway. o__o;

He is indeed up to no good. :ninja: Plays a minor role in the opening.

Quote from: DeathLock on April 14, 2009, 10:52:31 am
@Cid: Looks a bit better, but I just don't like the technique you used to shade the tileset. The buildings are using filters for the bricks, and most of the tileset is all desaturated, makes it look grey and dull.

It's supposed to look grey and dull. It's a dreary place.

I don't know what you mean about the bricks.

DeathLock

@Cid: You missed my point, I'm talking about the tileset not the way the map is. Pixel art needs to stand out, not be boring. Add saturation, and trust me it will look a lot better. And what I meant, it looks like a photoshop (or any program you used) effect rather than your own work. ^^

Caro Ru Lushe

My point to Cid: It looks dull, and, I see it can look better with a bit of Saturation. Currently it looks all Pillow Shaded <shrugs>

.___. No one seem to care for my Eastern project. <tear>

Cid

Quote from: DeathLock on April 15, 2009, 08:19:58 am
@Cid: You missed my point, I'm talking about the tileset not the way the map is. Pixel art needs to stand out, not be boring. Add saturation, and trust me it will look a lot better. And what I meant, it looks like a photoshop (or any program you used) effect rather than your own work. ^^

I didn't miss the point at all. The colours are watered down because that's the look I was going for. Increasing the saturation does little to the majority of the tileset (all the greys), and makes the grass and double yellow lines too bright. I don't want that.

Quote from: Caro Ru Lushe on April 15, 2009, 11:22:02 am
Currently it looks all Pillow Shaded <shrugs>

The only pillow-shaded objects in the set are the bins and lamp posts, which will be updated eventually. So I'm not sure what you're looking at.

Zylos

Heh heh, were you inspired by yours truly, Caro? :V

Personally I love how Dertt's sprite looks in there, especially how the eyes seem to glow even in the very dark room. And the blood splatters are a small detail but really add to the atmosphere. I like it. The only complaint I have is that it looks like the bars are on the zombie's shoulders.

"Ah, fuck I missed."

"Shhhh... be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting zombies."

Caro Ru Lushe

:^_^': Ahahaha ~ Yeah Zylos.

Another screenshot: (No more 'Zombies')
Really, not final, and decided on the Enemies:

Are they . . .human or . . .?: ShowHide

"Why the hell is there an Astronaut in a box?"

;3 Suited Man? Android? Or . . .

(BTW, the player can be one of 3 (haven't decided yet) characters to play as. :0 with a different storyline yet happening at the same time of events. (Replay Value <3)

Sally

Quote from: Zylass on April 15, 2009, 12:18:40 pm
Heh heh, were you inspired by yours truly, Caro? :V

Personally I love how Dertt's sprite looks in there, especially how the eyes seem to glow even in the very dark room. And the blood splatters are a small detail but really add to the atmosphere. I like it. The only complaint I have is that it looks like the bars are on the zombie's shoulders.

"Ah, fuck I missed."

"Shhhh... be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting zombies."

I really cant wait till i get to play your game.

Reno-s--Joker

Quote from: Caro Ru Lushe on April 15, 2009, 01:13:36 pm
Are they . . .human or . . .?: ShowHide

"Why the hell is there an Astronaut in a box?"

5HP only! Noes.

Umm yeah your game looks pretty awesome from the screenies I've seen. :) Very dark and dystopic I guess.

G_G

A work of my Animated One Scene 8 Man CMS (Recommended for Blizz ABS)

Its almost done too :D

RoseSkye

April 30, 2009, 08:05:32 pm #457 Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 08:06:44 pm by RoseSkye

G_G

Quote from: RoseSkye on April 30, 2009, 08:05:32 pm

Couple of tips. Save as .png .jpg is horrible.

2nd your tree part thing is below the player O.o

RoseSkye

April 30, 2009, 08:14:43 pm #459 Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 08:16:28 pm by RoseSkye
Quote from: Youngster Gi Gi on April 30, 2009, 08:08:51 pm
Quote from: RoseSkye on April 30, 2009, 08:05:32 pm

Couple of tips. Save as .png .jpg is horrible.

2nd your tree part thing is below the player O.o

it isn't <.< I took the screenshot in the middle of the transition frame for walking.. he's actually stepping towards the square below him.

Also note that there is an albino blonde behind him.. and she's unintentionally invisible thanks to the fog moving in. I really didn't intend it but now I just find it funny.