Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

Nethera is swinging the LB on the titlescreen, nice. I like the feel of the title. It needs to be very gameplay heavy with that title though.

Starrodkirby86

Logoes aren't spaced out that big. Also, they usually contain a memorable image or word combination unless the logo is sophisticated (But even then they still do it).

If the actual things move and all, then it just turned epic.

The transparent thief and Arshes don't fit at all...Make some way to get them there or remove them...(Resize?)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

DeathLock

Oh look, its my giant slime. =D

Though, its too much if its only a logo. :\

G_G

I said logo or title screen for something

tSwitch

Quote from: Youngster Gi Gi on May 08, 2009, 12:26:16 am
Spoiler: ShowHide

A title screen of something maybe my logo for my game company.

I ...err...I don't know where to start
I'm sorry, it's just terrible

Quote from: Elite Four Starrodkirby86 on May 08, 2009, 02:56:06 am
Logoes aren't spaced out that big. Also, they usually contain a memorable image or word combination unless the logo is sophisticated (But even then they still do it).

qft.

logos are simple and sleek, designed to be extremely memorable, so that when someone says "Nike" you think of their logo, or when you see their logo, you recognize the brand/company.  What you made..is...well it's not a logo in the least.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Zylos

Yea- no. Just no.

Sorry, I'm usually very lenient, but I can't even call that a good piece without laughing. You cut the RTP battleback in half and put the sky panarama in, then spaced out a logo over it after adding in some sprites. If it's animated, then I can forgive you a little for trying (you'll need a lot more happening in the scene to make it interesting, then should probably fade out the background and just focus in on the name if it's a logo). If it's not animated, just scrap it and try something simpler. Center the "RPG" over the "Adeventure", put them in the middle of the screen so they can catch eyes a little better.

legacyblade

Well I was trying to be nice with my post, but I think I should be brutal, all the cool kids are doing it.

Your titlescreen could use a LOT of improvement. Like blizz said, all you did is chop up a few of the default RTP things for the background. The position of the text is just weird, this isn't a modern poem, it's a titlescreen. If you want it to be left aligned, at least don't have that giant space between the letters (I think it really should be center aligned though). The random sprites on there feel, well, random and out of place. I say spend a little while thinking about what kind of message you want your titlescreen to send, and then find ways to send it. Just randomly patching together images neither looks pretty, nor sends a good message about the rest of the work you're presenting.

Thought it does have one saving grace, Nethera and the Legacyblade are on it :P

G_G

Never was good at making T screens. ;__;

New screenie to make up for it

Punn

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

legacyblade

Oh, I thought it was blizzard, his avi looks blizz like.

Sally

Quote from: Punn on May 08, 2009, 11:44:52 pm
Title logo?

that looks very awsome and well made.

Blizzard

Quote from: Gym Leader Blades on May 09, 2009, 04:49:49 am
Oh, I thought it was blizzard, his avi looks blizz like.

I was like "When did I say that?! O_o I don't even remember. Oh well, I probably did." when I was reading your post. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

OracleGames

May 10, 2009, 10:34:11 pm #513 Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:39:16 pm by OracleGames
Wuzup :D take a look at my maps, they all are ripped isometric images.. but first heres the logo of the "company"

And then my title screen (used MOG script):

The game will be vaguely based on a very old dead NES title wich i loved  :P

it was not as easy as "copy paste" since you have to be very carefull when cutting the images so theres 0 mistakes, if you screw up whit a single inch the whole map will look glitchy

Then after i got all the layers i want compiled in a long tileset .png i paste them in the editor, the 1st layer, then the second layer.. that was the easiest part, now i must set the priorities, passeable tiles, wall tags Etc.. wich is the real pain in the ass since you gota do it individually on each map xD and Step3 is to cut and reduce pixels on second layers using photoshop.. on this image you see a very neat library

And finally the Roof, where your first boss will appear :)

tadaaaah!!

Starrodkirby86

I sure hope movement is not botch-like and all. Pixel Movement might do wonders...Chances are you have that though.

This would look good, but generally very time-consuming. Did you rip these images, or are these original creations by yourself? (The tilesets and all basically)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

OracleGames

May 10, 2009, 11:51:07 pm #515 Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 11:59:37 pm by OracleGames
I ripped the images from a very old PC RPG, using various modding tools (wich im using to extract sounds, animations too).. then i made a template to paste its parts in it, rezized the images to 65% of its original zize because they can weight up to 30 mbs =S and then very carefully cut its parts and arranged them inside the template, for each piece of map i placed another one to be the second layer..
then i put them in my game, simple draw them and then all the hard work wich is chosing passable tiles, and priorities.
After all that i open the file again in photoshop and cut around every object, arcs, statues in the second layers..
depending on the map zize it takes about 2 to 10 hours to complety finish them and make them playable, but to make them complety bug free takes some more time, and testing whit the character itself :P
and mm im trying to use "Passabily direccions" as often as i can specially around small objects and such..
i would hate a botchy map too haha so dont worries xD

Will relase a demo soon  of the first stage if i can.. once i can solve some ridles whit the Blizz ABS o_o..
It consumes alot of time indeed, but beauty and visual awesomnes has its price xd

Stealth

...wait, has it been that long since BG2:SoA/ToB came out? Dang.

Anyway - love how it looks, Oracle.

Blizzard

Great use of Blizz-ABS. :) I hope you post the game soon and finish it as well. I have seen many promising games that were abandoned at some moment.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

OracleGames

Quote from: Stealth on May 11, 2009, 07:55:10 am
...wait, has it been that long since BG2:SoA/ToB came out? Dang.

Yup BG2:SoA was relased in 2000 so it has been some time by now xP.. the artistic work is very good tough, i even have the chance to animate the maps (ieportals, liquid surfaces, torches, fireplaces, fishes, fans etc..)

Quote from: Rival Blizzard on May 11, 2009, 07:56:07 am
Great use of Blizz-ABS. :) I hope you post the game soon and finish it as well. I have seen many promising games that were abandoned at some moment.

thanks mate :) i hope so too, i may need some help after the demo.. people often leave good projects because they try to make them too complex for one person alone..

Sally

Wow, that looks amazing.
Quote from: Rival Blizzard on May 11, 2009, 07:56:07 am

best of luck, and it sounds like a bitch to make one map...