Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sally

oh i know, i just couldnt decide on what to put, so i posted it hoping to get someone to suggesst something i could put in, but all i got was, 'its bad, becouse you have no detail.'

Blizzard

IDK. Got any stones or rocks? Maybe some dirt on the floor does the trick.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sally

yeah i added some rocks and dirt =]

Calintz

June 20, 2009, 08:15:42 am #623 Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 08:20:30 am by Calintz
Well I'm not trying to bring you down, I'm trying to help.

Edit:
I just think it's way too open. You have too much space which causes the empty feeling. Anybody who was building this tomb(to break someone out of jail) wouldn't care what it looked like. I'm not saying the place wouldn't be shapely, but it wouldn't be THAT wild if it was hand dug. It would most likely be straight-forward for the prisoner's escape.

The path IS pretty straight-forward in your map, but I highly doubt that the witch-doctor's workers would have dug out so much just for the escaping prisoner.

Aqua

June 22, 2009, 12:52:21 am #624 Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:54:24 am by Aqua
Mmm... titlescreen with a yummy watermark... :P
Spoiler: ShowHide

@.@ Getting the words to work in the right font was waaaay harder than doing the watercolor...

Calintz

Ooh, I like it very much!! Very nice Aqua =D.

Sally

King Munkey

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

Shin Migumi

Hello here are so,me screenshots from the intro of my upcoming RMXP game

Look like someone made a mess.

Look mommy, I made a new word.

Does anyone else notice something odd about this "happy" wedding.

My own glass shattering tribute to Stone Cole Steve Austin

Soldiers never doing their job correctly.

New game. Hide and seek and destroy.

Even soldiers need to rest somewhere

Starrodkirby86

Haha, it has the generic atmosphere of a great RPG Maker game. Pleasant to see something like this come out. On the first screenshot, is it really needed to put a window on a back-wall?

I see a lot of the dialog is pretty nice too...to an extent, if it needs work, haha. Though usually I would figure youth and young ones are to not say their contractions fully, like instead of they are, they go they're, you know? I seem to see a lot of opportunities where you can shorten it with apostrophes. That can help in some dialog cutting.

Excellent overall.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

The shadows in the last screenshot look a bit weird. Maybe you should set the priority the walltiles to a higher value. 2 or higher should do it. As for the rest they look interesting.

BTW, have you thought about using a smaller line height in the message box since the font is significantly smaller than the default?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shin Migumi

July 19, 2009, 04:26:40 pm #631 Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 04:28:35 pm by Shin Migumi
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on July 19, 2009, 01:20:14 pm
Haha, it has the generic atmosphere of a great RPG Maker game. Pleasant to see something like this come out. On the first screenshot, is it really needed to put a window on a back-wall?

I see a lot of the dialog is pretty nice too...to an extent, if it needs work, haha. Though usually I would figure youth and young ones are to not say their contractions fully, like instead of they are, they go they're, you know? I seem to see a lot of opportunities where you can shorten it with apostrophes. That can help in some dialog cutting.

Excellent overall.

Haha yea thats one of the things I need to work on. I'm a one man army, so grammar will always be an issue with me. Thanks for the input, i'll be sure to try to shorten some areas.

Quote from: Blizzard on July 19, 2009, 02:42:16 pm
The shadows in the last screenshot look a bit weird. Maybe you should set the priority the walltiles to a higher value. 2 or higher should do it. As for the rest they look interesting.

BTW, have you thought about using a smaller line height in the message box since the font is significantly smaller than the default?

I been trying to fix that shadow problem for ages, that might work. Thanks for that. As for the line height, i'm most definitely trying to shorten it, but as of late, I kinda changed the font size. So it might be fine the way it is now. I'm not sure

Blizzard

It should be fairly simple to change the line height. You probably only have to change the coefficients for line height and message window height in your AMS. You might have to change the code yourself if there is no special option provided for that.

Leon_Westbrooke

I wanted to know what people's opinions is on this screenshot:
'screenshot': ShowHide

Aqua

I think the HUD would look better on the left side since they're all left aligned.

G_G

is that a babs hud? Its looks awesome!

Leon_Westbrooke

@Aqua: I've been tinkering with either side, to see if I could get opinions from people

@game_guy:  Made it myself some year and a half ago. Thanks for the compliment.

Cid

I agree that it would look tidier on the left. Either way, nice work.

Three new screenshots:

Blizzard

The sprites look awesome. You might want to use a more detailed wall tile, though. Maybe a slightly darker color to distinguish it from the floor better would do good.

@Leon: It's just a bit too dark. I have a hard time seeing even on an LCD display.

Cid

Yeah, I need to work on those. I'm going to change the black auto tile as well. The grey lip doesn't really suit.