Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Guys this is an awesome work in progress! Screenie took by Branden Its a troop size breaker, it allows for more then 8 troop members in a troop

Spoiler: ShowHide

Holyrapid

Intresting... maybe i´ll use it...

G_G

its still a bit glitchy but I'm trying my best to make it work right...rmxp just doesnt like it having more then 8

Calintz

October 11, 2009, 04:38:01 am #663 Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:04:44 am by Calintz
I can't see a real reason for more than eight enemies in a troop at a time ...
The only time I can see fighting more than eight enemies in a single battle would be like ... as some die ... new enemies come.

Edit:
I suppose if my idea were to be incorporated, this would be needed wouldn't it??
The way the database works is that you have to hide the enemies that would appear later, and reveal them as they died, eh??

In that sense, I guess this would be interesting ...
Not something I would use myself, but it could make for some kick ass boss battles actually!!

I wish you the best of luck with this Game_Guy. =D.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Pyhankoski on October 06, 2009, 01:18:58 am
Intresting... maybe i´ll use it...

Noone cares if you use it or not.. the arrogance leaking from that post annoys me.
Maybe HE'LL let you use it.. jerk off.

Calintz

October 11, 2009, 05:59:42 am #665 Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:01:38 am by Calintz
Ummm ... wow ...
I don't think his intentions were arrogant.

On a more mature note,
don't post things like that RoseSky, because frankly ... the arrogance in your post upsets me.
At the same time, nobody cares about your opinions on his post (like no one will care about my opinions on this post).

For future reference, just don't.
I don't mean to be an ass, but that was just plain ignorant.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Calintz on October 11, 2009, 05:59:42 am
Ummm ... wow ...
I don't think his intentions were arrogant.

On a more mature note,
don't post things like that RoseSky, because frankly ... the arrogance in your post upsets me.
At the same time, nobody cares about your opinions on his post (like no one will care about my opinions on this post).

For future reference, just don't.
I don't mean to be an ass, but that was just plain ignorant.

Its Rose or RoseSkye. Get it right or don't mention my name.. got it?

Calintz

God ...
Another tough guy ... ?? =|

I thought they all finally left CP alone, but I guess by all the arrogance you've brought to CP in your many posts that I've seen; I should have known better ... Anyway, I'm done with this conversation. I'm not polluting this thread anymore.

Blizzard

October 11, 2009, 06:28:40 am #668 Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:31:03 am by Blizzard
Quote from: Calintz on October 11, 2009, 04:38:01 am
I can't see a real reason for more than eight enemies in a troop at a time ...
The only time I can see fighting more than eight enemies in a single battle would be like ... as some die ... new enemies come.

Not only that, I made a completely evented system in CP that makes my boss summon underlings. If you kill them, he can summon them again. I only scripted it that they are dead initially.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

VERY nice!!
I have seen this done in many games.

Examples:
Final Fantasy X: When you battle the huge machina in the snowland. The one that uses mana beam. He "deploys" those little things that cut off your ability to cast mana.

Final Fantasy Crisis Core: Same basic idea here. There is a machine that deploys little floating things that attack you. If you kill them all, it can deploy more.

RoseSkye

October 11, 2009, 08:41:23 am #670 Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:34:50 am by RoseSkye
This was a long winded post showing how much you fail at life.. but, I'm in a good mood and I think Blizzard is a cool guy so be grateful that Blizzard, winkio, game_guy, and GAX is way more important than my ego is large.. if not .. this post would have been for you, Calintz.

If I look down on you more than I look down on WcW that has to say something. Right now I can call a truce with WcW just to focus my hatred on you.

Calintz

Lol, well enjoy your one man squabble RoseSky, because I won't be a part of it.

On a more relevant note,
Here are two maps using an edited Port-Town tileset.
They are aimed to be on the outskirts of the city ...

Spoiler: ShowHide

Blizzard

I think you could some more floor detailing on the grass.

On a side note, Rose's post made me laugh so hard that I had to level him up. "Right now I can call a truce with WcW just to focus my hatred on you." Lol, just lol.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

Oh no doubt!!
I've been away from the editor for too long, Lol.

I'll hit up some dark grass in there, and then I'll post the enhanced tileset for everyone to use.

Despite the debacle, I laughed as well ... O_o.

RoseSkye

October 14, 2009, 06:39:14 am #674 Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:40:17 am by RoseSkye

First mission of the game.. stuff is still being worked on of course.

Calintz

October 14, 2009, 06:44:35 am #675 Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:47:00 am by Calintz
Pretty nice!! Could use some more floor detailing.
Use the dark grass autotile and add some foliage too.

Actually, it's a pretty damn good map. I approve, but look into adding more ground detail.

Update:
Get some more lilipads in the water too. Maybe put some leaves in the water also. Add some mushrooms to it's border ...
I don't understand the map's tree border and panorama though. Granted, it provides a pretty nice effect, but it's weird ...

RoseSkye

October 14, 2009, 06:52:55 am #676 Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:55:00 am by RoseSkye
We'll I was actually showing off the tile/character change.

Calintz

October 14, 2009, 06:55:56 am #677 Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:58:37 am by Calintz
More fluent water tiles would make your maps look better.
Your maps are pretty good, and I guess the charasets aren't bad either.

RoseSkye

QuoteWell I was actually showing off the tile/character change.

Calintz

What is that specifically??