Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RoseSkye

Quote from: Calintz on October 14, 2009, 06:59:09 am
What is that specifically??

Look at the characters and tileset..

Calintz

You mean, like a teleporting technique??

RoseSkye

October 14, 2009, 07:08:47 am #682 Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 07:11:24 am by RoseSkye
Quote from: Calintz on October 14, 2009, 07:03:45 am
You mean, like a teleporting technique??

Wow... you didn't look at them did you? If you look at the girl in the picture thats using the skill you should see the size of the character exactly. The RTP the girl is smaller than the skill animation, in the more defined one the girl is larger. The trees are more of a 2.5D  in the larger tileset while the trees in the other one is more flat.. the graphics are still being worked on but soon things will be more custom

The characters and tileset are not RTP for one, they are far larger.

Calintz

Lol, well that was the first thing I noticed, LMAO!!

Jackolas

love the way you did the tree's etc in the second post... almost looks like 3d  :O.o:

Calintz

Then again, you have to wonder ... where is that waterfall coming from when the edge of the cliff is right there ... O_o.

Fallen Angel X

Spoiler: ShowHide

Ehhh, still working on that tileset, so it'll look nicer when I'm done, lol.

Calintz

The tileset looks nice, but crosswalk aren't normally paved.

Fallen Angel X

I actually haven't done a crosswalk yet... that's the sidewalk that goes horizontally... I'm using it as a placeholder for now, lol.

Calintz

So long as it's a placeholder, because side walks don't cross the road either, Lol.
Plus you have a mapping error in the bottom right. The tree's shadow is botched ...

RoseSkye

Quote from: Fallen Angel X on October 22, 2009, 11:51:34 am

Ehhh, still working on that tileset, so it'll look nicer when I'm done, lol.

Good Job!

Fallen Angel X

Yeah, I saw the mapping error while I was overlooking the map again :P

Calintz

October 22, 2009, 02:00:41 pm #692 Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 02:01:46 pm by Calintz
Those lines kind of look too big.
Most crosswalks I know of are made of skinny diagonal lines from one point to the next.

By the top headlight, your tileset contains transparency that you need to eliminate or place something under. Look for black pixels.

Fallen Angel X

I based it off of this:

So they're straight... but yellow :P

Here's the new editted version xD The transparency was there because I cornered the corner sidewalk pieces... I didn't put anything in to fill the transparency xP So I just put something underneath it O_O

Calintz

The edges are uneven ...
I don't understand why everything isn't consistent ...

Some of your yellow lines have lines of their own in the middle?? O_o.

Fallen Angel X

ohhh, my bad. I forgot to erase a few dark lines ._.

That, and my measuring sucks :P I'm a noob at tileset creation xD This is my first attempt, actually ._.

Calintz

You're using Photoshop, I can tell by the sheer texture of the tileset. Use the grids. They help a lot.

Fallen Angel X

October 22, 2009, 04:00:19 pm #697 Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:38:59 pm by Fallen Angel X
Actually, I'm using the guidelines for my measurements... I have em set so they form a grid that matches the size of a single tile is rmxp....

The problem, though, is that I suck at measuring xD

Valcos

You should keep the black part of the road consistent, even through and around the lines. If you know what i mean  :naughty:.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Fallen Angel X

I thought that the textures would make the road more "realistic"... am I mistaken? lol xD