Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

They only paint the yellow & white lines...
So the gravel/tar or whatever it is would be the same texture throughout.

Also...are you sure you got the lines right for the roads?

Fallen Angel X

Quote from: Aqua on October 22, 2009, 07:55:29 pm
They only paint the yellow & white lines...
So the gravel/tar or whatever it is would be the same texture throughout.

Also...are you sure you got the lines right for the roads?

Oh, I see what you mean. I though he meant to make the road smooth, lol.

As for the lines, I haven't a clue xD

Blizzard

October 23, 2009, 04:05:35 am #702 Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 11:42:21 am by Blizzard
The roads look too realistic. :roll:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zylos

That is an amazing map there, FAX. Definitely a lot better tileset than I was able to come up with for any of my modern pieces. My only very picky gripe (aside from the gap in the tree) is the way the road seems to change suddenly in the part one tile left of the stop sign. The road gravel seems to be going horizontally for the most part, then suddenly looks as though it's going vertically. Or is it just me?

Anyway, I'm currently working on two projects, but here's the one most taking up my time.

Spoiler: ShowHide
I started a game in a week contest and began work on a quick shooter game made entirely with events, in light of the upcoming RMRK awards and my big big hope to earn 1st place in the eventing category again. Alas, school and general life drama did not play fairly, and I didn't have nearly enough time to complete it... until now. Last year I made a test system called Star Quest on VX, to explore the possibility of a "first person shooter". This is it redone in XP with a revamped system, graphics, and story.

It's time to get them guns a blazin' and pop them damn balloons in the middle of the effin' battlefield!

The concept is pretty simple. Aim your crosshairs and shoot all of the enemy ships until they go down. Each laser shot costs 4% of your maximum energy as shown in the bottom right hand corner. Every now and then your allies will send you some supplies in the form of a random balloon. Green balloons repair damages to your ship and raise your auto-shield by one, while blue balloons restore your energy booster to 100% maximum capacity.

Oh god, another character named Angelo? Can I shoot him please?

There are two main characters and two differing (but interlinked) storylines to choose from. You select your main character at the beginning of the story much like you would select a difficulty on an arcade shooter: by shooting your selection. I could have sworn I had more to say here, but apparently I don't, so moving on...

Danger, Maria Robinson, Danger!

You can't just shoot at someone and expect to get away with it, the enemy forces are going to be firing back with all of their might. The warning signal in the top right hand corner will alert you when the enemy is attacking, and the ship will start to glow red just before they fire at you. You have three auto-shield units, so if you lose all three and get attacked, it's game over. There's only two ways to avoid being hit once you're locked onto; One, you can destroy the ship before they can pull off their attack, and two, you can raise your manual-shield up in time to defend yourself. Whether to deploy a better offense or defense is up to you.

Imma charging mah laser!

If you're out of energy in the heat of battle, you're screwed. There's only two ways to get your energy back in time to save yourself. One, you could shoot down a blue balloon pickup and get a whopping 100% energy back, but balloons won't always come when you need them. The other way to get your energy back is by holding down the charge button and letting your energy come back manually via solar energy. It'll come by in increments of 8% per 2 seconds, but you cannot fire your laser or put up your manual-shield while charging, those two seconds can be quite tedious, so use it carefully!

Oh shi- fox in space. DO A BARREL ROLL!

Your manual-shield is an outer shield you can pull up in a moment's notice to block almost any type of attack save for crashing into a mountain. It costs 4% of your maximum energy to put up, and will be your greatest asset right next to your trusty cannon. Of course, there are those secret weapon pickups that might be more useful, such as the Shortwave Barrel, the Needler, and of course, the screen clearing Super Nova.

This is just a quick short term almost finished project meant for the purpose of getting people to go "Oh cool!" and remember me when it comes time for voting next month on RMRK. ^^b

Calintz

Dude, that shit is pretty bad ass!!
I'll play that when it's finished. Good luck.

Aqua

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

I'd like to play it too

RoseSkye

As Borat would say..
It'z naaaaiiiiiiiice

Blizzard

I'd like to play THAT one, too. :naughty:

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

It gives off a DBZ feel if you ask me, Lol.

Starrodkirby86

#1 Furry Game

(ps I love you Zylos <3)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Zylos

Aw, thanks everyone. :shy:

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on October 23, 2009, 10:42:59 pm
(ps I love you Zylos <3)

Sorry, already taken. ^^

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Zylos on October 23, 2009, 10:54:07 pm
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on October 23, 2009, 10:42:59 pm
(ps I love you Zylos <3)

Sorry, already taken. ^^

(Nah, don't worry, I'm just saying you're awesome)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

Quote from: Zylos on October 23, 2009, 10:54:07 pm
Sorry, already taken. ^^

That's not what you said last night in bed. :V:

SorceressKyrsty

I use my magnificent powers to now own everyone in this thread =O.

Allla ka BAM!

Re-vamping Kumo's apartment in Cosplay Crisis so it's more like a Apartment and less like a manor. Still feel it's too big.
The sound of a bubble popping.

Blizzard

October 24, 2009, 09:53:23 am #714 Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 09:56:34 am by Blizzard
Rrrrrrrright, I still have loads of stuff nobody except the beta testers have seen yet. :3

In case you think you've found an error or two in the map, you haven't. Remember that the editor doesn't display priorities properly but instead it displays by layers. If something is on the 3rd layer and something else with a higher priority on the 2nd layer, the 3rd layer tile will be visible in the editor above the 2nd layer tile, but not in the game. In the game everything will be fine.

Valcos

Lol, damn. Wanted to point out one xD. Good job though. :haha:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

October 24, 2009, 10:07:52 am #716 Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 02:14:58 pm by Blizzard
I know. xD

EDIT: :rofl:

Calintz

Wow, those look good Blizzard.

Blizzard

Calintz

I never did like those tower maps of yours though.
I know that they follow all the rules and are error-less, but something about them just rubs me the wrong way.