Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fugibo

I do love how the builders threw in giant holes in every floor. Seems like a big structure flaw to me, but that's just my inner skeptic speaking.

Calintz

@Blizzard:
Does that college-like building have borders around the indoor doorways??

Blizzard

October 24, 2009, 07:30:04 pm #722 Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 07:35:52 pm by Blizzard
What do you mean?

@LF: Calculate the static and you'll see that you're wrong.

Also, here's another screenshot. :3

Spoiler: ShowHide

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

I said "seems." I have no experience with architectural design, so I really have no clue, but it seems like missing most of wall is a no-no. Of course, I'm probably wrong.

Blizzard

Quote from: Longfellow on October 24, 2009, 08:19:44 pm
I have no experience with architectural design, so I really have no clue,

Then why are you being such a smartass?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Quote from: Blizzard on October 24, 2009, 08:22:58 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on October 24, 2009, 08:19:44 pm
I have no experience with architectural design, so I really have no clue,

Then why are you being such a smartass?

I really wasn't, just stating what it seemed to be to me. I don't think you're picking up on my intent very well, no offense.

Blizzard

Have you seen big hallways? There are hundreds of m2 of free area without any support except for a few really big pillars. Also, have you never seen huge windows? The windows cover the entire wall. It's like a room with a completely open area on one wall. And not just that one room, it's like that on every floor for dozens of floors. And yet the building is completely stable. I don't know what you've been smoking, but it doesn't even "seem" to be unstable.

fugibo

There are some differences. Like, you know, all the buildings you list aren't towers, meaning that the bottom floors don't have anywhere near as much stress on them. And a window-as-a-wall isn't the same as a hole-for-a-wall, and you know that.

winkio

Gameplay > realism.  Always.

fugibo

Quote from: winkio on October 24, 2009, 09:10:49 pm
Gameplay > realism.  Always.

Agreed, but people can just get schizo over the realism sometimes. I was just saying that things like that might be what's annoying Calintz. >>

Of course, I just don't like the cracks in the floor and the carpet because I prefer dark-and-gloomy towers, plus I hate the RTP's anime-style graphics. But that's just me, I don't think the maps are bad because of any of this.

Calintz

October 25, 2009, 12:25:06 am #730 Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 12:34:51 am by Calintz
Nah, for me it's mainly the carpet placement in his towers.
The only maps that really bother me in Chaos Project are the towers.

While I despise large empty areas in RPGXP, even Blizzard's towers don't seem too empty. There is a lot of unused space, but it definitely bearable. Like I said, it's mainly the carpet. The way it interacts with the corners as they cut angles just is unappealing to me.

I have yet to really see a map in Chaos Project that I thought was created half-assed or poorly.
Especially that one you just posted Blizz. The lava dungeon is orgasmic!! I love that demon!!

@Blizz:
This is what I mean ... notice the blue square.

There is no defining pixels to show that the wall is ending. Looking at the default indoor tilesets; you can notice that they have tiles with solid borders for the edges of the indoor doorways like that.

fugibo

I'd just like to point out that that could be a secret door, which would mean that it would make sense for it to look like that. Still kinda blah, but more understandable.

Calintz

Perhaps, but it doesn't look very secret to me, Lol.

Blizzard

October 25, 2009, 05:00:59 am #733 Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 12:03:23 pm by Blizzard
It's not a tower. I'm using an interior tileset as an interior tileset. This one's good because it has diagonal walls.

@LF: The cracks in the floor are there because it's old and deserted, it's simply a very old building.
And the stress that windows take away is relatively so small that it can be ignored. You're jumping to assumptions again.

@Calintz: I did all doorway like that so I'm staying with this. I'm not going to change a hundred maps (literally) just to "fix" something's that' relatively ok into something that's not really much better. Unless I am provided with a very, very good solution on indoor doors, I'm not going to implement it.

EDIT: Improved monster battle arena. :3 In this screenshot you can also see the completely new damage display from Chaos Project RC.

Starrodkirby86

Woohoo~

Windows look odd, especially at how they give off a white background? It also doesn't seem like an ideal monster battle arena as say...the Romans. But hey whatever works for you, works, and the system looks really appealing. XD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

October 25, 2009, 01:33:24 pm #735 Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 05:58:49 pm by Blizzard
It was intentional. It's a snow city so the windows being white is supposed to make sense. o.o;

As for the monster arena, well, originally those were supposed to be chicken. xD I'll make the other arena's fancier. I could explain it here that it's a small village and the people put together what they could to make an arena so it kinda makes sense that it's ruggish I guess.

EDIT:

Calintz

I have actual doors inside my buildings ... O_o.
I didn't know you did all the doors like that. It kinda bothers me, but oh well, Lol.

dylanf3

spoilerd for you guys: ShowHide

Plz dont be to harsh on this map, its the first time ever that i have worked with the castle town tileset.
And some placed look horrible, but some have been filled with events.
oh, it aint fully done yet!

Blizzard

I don't know what you want, it's actually quite good.

dylanf3

in the end its gonna be 1 of the 18 maps, of the city, this is gonna be the richest neighborhood.
9 of the maps, are gonna be just in game, and 9 of em, gonna be high up in the air.
This map just needs 3 or 2 more buildings, and a lot of events :D