Touch Encounter to Action Battles Event System

Started by WhiteDemon15, December 24, 2009, 10:51:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteDemon15

December 24, 2009, 10:51:52 pm Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 04:37:32 pm by WhiteDemon15
Touch Encounter to Action Battles Event System
Version: 1.0
Type: Custom Battle System

Introduction

A touch encounter to action battles event system like Star Ocean, Radiata Stories, Rouge Galaxy, or Tales of Vesperia.
This is an easy tutorial for those who can't figure out how to make this battle system.

Features

• Simple system where touch encounters lead to an action battle system based fight.
  • Doesn't necessarily require touch encounters. If you know how to event random encounters, you could use those instead.

Screenshots

None really required.

Demo

None really needed.

Instructions

Please note that this requires Blizz-ABS, or any other ABS. Set up variables for hero's  map ID, x and y positions (As), and for how many enemies killed (B). On each map, set up child maps for each battle, with enemies each increasing the variable B. Have a parallel process checking if B is the number you want it (the number of enemies on the map). Then teleport to the A variables. Have a parallel process on each main map (not the battles) making the B variables set to zero. Check the demo if you don't understand. I know I'm not the best at explaining.

Credits and Thanks

Blizzard, for the Blizz ABS 2.70.

Author's Notes

This is my first event system to be submitted, so if the instructions are confusing, please excuse me. Oh yeah, I never played Radiata Stories, Star Ocean, Tales of Vesperia, or Rouge Galaxy. I just watched them and went "I could make a battle system like this..."[/list]

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WhiteDemon15

December 28, 2009, 01:41:58 am #2 Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 01:44:14 am by WhiteDemon15
Thanks!  :) I assume you leveled me up, right? Thanks for that, too. ;)

Sacred Nym

Ooo... I was thinking about trying to make one of these. Guess I got beat to it. :haha:

Awesome nonetheless.
Quote昨日の自分に「さようなら」
Say "Goodbye" to who you were yesterday.

WhiteDemon15

Quote from: Sacred Nym on December 28, 2009, 08:53:35 pm
Ooo... I was thinking about trying to make one of these. Guess I got beat to it. :haha:

Awesome nonetheless.

What inspired you to make one? Was it one of the games I mentioned above?

nathmatt

December 29, 2009, 10:16:12 am #5 Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 10:18:07 am by nathmatt
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Sacred Nym

Quote from: WhiteDemon15 on December 28, 2009, 09:40:46 pm
What inspired you to make one? Was it one of the games I mentioned above?

Tales games were the main one. I also compared it to Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, just without the card battle system.
Quote昨日の自分に「さようなら」
Say "Goodbye" to who you were yesterday.