[XP] Global Day-and-Night System for RMX-OS

Started by Blizzard, December 28, 2009, 12:32:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I put up a piece of security code for that. That shouldn't happen anymore.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

edwardthefma

ok kool well ill check it out later now i need to copy both scripts on just the rb portion
i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

Blizzard

Actually only the RB portion, but best you get the extension as well because of the version variables.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

edwardthefma

i am the lead dev for the shellium mmorpg project
http://wiki.shellium.org/w/Mmorpg
shellium.org :) free linux shells pm me and i will gladly
help you get 1

Equinox80

How exactly do I set this up?

I am getting this error: "Script ATES line 486: NoMethodError occured"... "undefined method 'updated_screen' RMX-OS-Main 46"

This is roughly my load order:

(RMX-OS) Options
(RMX-OS) Scripts
ATES
(RMX-OS) Global Day & Night

Blizzard

Quote from: ATES topic
Compatibility

99% compatible with SDK v1.x. 90% compatible with SDK 2.x. WILL corrupt old savegames. Can cause incompatibilty issues with DNS-es.

That means that you have to wipe your database after adding/removing ATES and this plugin.

Equinox80

Great :) I will try this. Also, what do you think of RMX-OS/RPG Maker XP Creating a full-scale MMORPG?

I am considering this, and Genesis2D, just don't want to run into many limitations.

Blizzard

As far as I know there are other fullscale RMXP MMOs out there and they are using Netplay+ or some derivative. RMX-OS was designed to be better than Netplay+. So if they could make a game with Netplay+, you should be able to make one with RMX-OS.

Other than that, I'm actually against MMOs made in RMXP because RMXP isn't really the right engine for an MMO. But suit yourself. If you want to use RMXP, by all means, good luck. :)

Equinox80

Well I suppose it's really all up to the person.

I myself like RMXP, maybe not for an MMO, but I know and have used RPG Maker 98, 2000, 2003, XP, and VX.

PS: VX Sucks, they removed very important features in that version....

Blizzard

I only used RMXP and I liked it. When I saw VX, I hated it, too. xD

MisterMoxxie

March 06, 2013, 06:15:36 pm #50 Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:16:50 pm by MisterMoxxie
Hello! For some reason, the controller is causing an error when passing some certain arguments.The script works fine on its own (not globally of course, but no errors either) and will cycle through an entire day/night no problem. But when I add the extension and the RMX-OS Controller, I get this error.

QuoteScript 'ATES RMX-OS Controller' line 68: ArgumentError occurred.

Wrong number of arguments(2 for 6)
ATES RMX-OS Controller:68:in 'initialize'
ATES RMX-OS Controller:68:in 'new'
ATES RMX-OS Controller:68:in 'check_game_blizzabsrmxos_later'
Blizz-ABS RMX-OS Controller:490:in 'check_game'
(RMX-OS) Script:845:in 'listen'
844:in 'each'
844:in 'listen'
6080:in 'update'
5336:in 'main'
5333:in 'loop'
5338:in 'main'
-<:::RMX-OS Main:::>-:46

I went through and made sure that the day length in the script and extension are the same, cleared my rmx-os database, and still cant figure out what's causing it.

Edit :: Here's my script order, but I'm pretty sure it should be fine.

RMX-OS Options
RMX-OS Script
Global Switches and Variables for RMX-OS

ATES
ATES RMX-OS controller

Blizz ABS 1
BABS 2
BABS 3
BABS RMX-OS Controller

RMX-OS Main

KK20

QuoteHere's my script order, but I'm pretty sure it should be fine.

This says otherwise.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

MisterMoxxie

I switched it so ATES is below BABS, and cleared the database again, but Im getting the same error. And when I say cleared the database, I actually drop it and re-query the whole thing.

Blizzard

Which ATES version are you using? Because it's been updated recently and I never actually updated this script to work with it.

MisterMoxxie

Ahh, didnt even think to look at that.
I'm using ATES v1.0 - which is actually dated 12.2.2013 xD - and the controller is v1.03: 24.5.2010.
Looks like the controller was written for version 0.4, at least that's what it checks for.

Blizzard

March 07, 2013, 04:47:14 pm #55 Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:49:07 pm by Blizzard
Yeah, Thallion finished ATES and I haven't updated this script. I completely forgot about that. I'll do it tomorrow or on Saturday when I find some free time.

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot that this script is laughably short. I'll do it right away.

MisterMoxxie

:w00t:

Thanks, Blizz! I was worried. I need to learn RGSS so I don't have to bug other people when these things pop up. On that side note, im headed to the programming forum. Any tips to learning RGSS?

Blizzard

I just realized that the new ATES has a completely different handling and display of time. It'll take a bit longer to update this script so I'll leave it for tomorrow or Saturday after all.

My best tip for learning RGSS is that you take other people's scripts and start messing with them. Change stuff and see what happens. Try to figure out how code changes reflect on the script, what each part does and how it's structured. Other than that, this is a good place to start: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,57.0.html

MisterMoxxie

Sounds good, I'll look into that. Any luck so far?  8)

Blizzard

Sorry, I was really busy the past few days. But I'll see if I can get it done by Wednesday as I have finished most of the other urgent stuff as I should have more free time. I was going to do it today, but the other things stretched out too much and I ended working on it until 22h so I was too tired to work on this, too.