The RC

Started by Ryex, January 01, 2010, 12:01:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

Well Blizz if there is one thing you have added to the RC that wasn't in that beta it's polish.
the game looked good before but now? wow! redoing so of your first maps was a good choice it reall helps keep the game in a more continuous style of mapping.
also the new fonts? it is incredible how much they improve the game. that same goes for the new animations fore skill use, updated batterers, new talking animation for bunny ect.
in the first half an hour of game play I already scene major improvements over things that were great to begin with.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.

DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.
Personality Test: ShowHide

Blizzard

Thanks. :)

I didn't only polish the game. There are more treasure chests around, there are 4 monster battle arenas instead of just one, there are new sidequests and minigames, new secret dungeons and bosses, etc. even a bit of new equipment. :)

Actually Geometrix was already present as font. I just decided to make it the default since I always use it and I like it. xD

I also set item limit to 100 instead of 99. In 0.9.9.5 the max level will be 100 instead of 99 as well. >:3 I took the extra time to reverse engineer RMXP's stat generation so that I can have proper stat values for level 100. <3
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

I still haven't gotten very far, but there is one font thing from when I installed the game.  Even though I ran everything as administrator, it wouldn't install the font.  But instead of exiting the game, it continued to run the game perfectly, just displaying blank space instead of font.  Of course, it was perfectly fine after I copied the font files, but just thought you should know that some people will have to do that.  (I'm using Win 7 Pro)  That's the only thing I've seen.

Blizzard

January 03, 2010, 02:54:05 pm #3 Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 04:02:14 pm by Blizzard
Don't worry about that. I have a game installer for CP ready that installs all necessary fonts properly. The font installer in CP will probably stay just as a backup.

If you want, I can send you the prepared installer with 0.9.9.5 so you can try it out and see if it will install the fonts properly. Just remember to remove the fonts before you run the installer.

EDIT: Meh, here you go. http://www.sendspace.com/file/f19130

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

hey Blizz I remember you were saying that you had some save games. as it is unlikely that i will play through the entire thing by the release date. there are some things I want to check out though. could you post them for beta testers to use?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.

DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.
Personality Test: ShowHide

winkio

installer worked perfectly, but IMO it asks too much crap at the end.  I'd say either make a checklist or remove a few choices, but it's up to you.

Blizzard

January 03, 2010, 05:06:05 pm #6 Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 05:07:42 pm by Blizzard
Yeah, that's a bit more complicated... ._.;;; That's why I added those prompts instead. I'll see what I can do, though. If I get in the mood to mess around with the scripting language of the install creator a bit more, I'll probably do it.

@Ryex: Here you go. There are 8 savegames in this file and each file is named where it was saved in the game. The 100% one is obviously the one right before Nemesis with everything done in the game and everybody on level 100. I put some effort into saving equipment that is unique in the game.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8he7q6

winkio

January 07, 2010, 04:49:29 pm #7 Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:04:11 am by winkio
BUG!!  Should I post in this thread or in the bug section?  Also, don't yell at me for only being at chapter two:

1.  in Vendetta, in the minigame area, the game crashed right as I was about to begin the eating contest.  It displayed the "press k to begin" window, that also had other stuff, then I hit k, then it crashed saying it was missing "Graphics\Pictures\Ready.cpg"

2.  in Vendetta, in the cutscene where the gypsy tells your fortune, same deal, but with "Graphics\Pictures\ChaosX.cpg"

Blizzard

January 08, 2010, 04:11:42 am #8 Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 04:28:52 am by Blizzard
The files are there, but for some reason their extensions are missing. :/ Just add the proper extensions in the files. I'll try to find out why my encryptor left it out.

It's fine that you posted here. And I won't yell at you. You said that you'll do your best with the time you have at your disposal. :P

EDIT: Found the problem. The original files had the extensions written in CAPS. ._. Stuff like .png was changed into .cpg, but .PNG wasn't. ._.;

EDIT: There are more files. Here's a list of all files:

Characters\Sphinx
Icons\Thundaga
Pictures\ChaosX
Pictures\Destruction
Pictures\Go
Pictures\Gold_Crash X
Pictures\Item_Crash
Pictures\Jackpot
Pictures\Ready

winkio

2 more things:

1.  When I first set foot on the ghost ship, there is some dialog between the three party members, but they all occupy the same square (they are all on top of each other), so it's kinda confusing.

2.  The room at the tower where you meet vamp where there are all the switches and you split up.  I had trouble switching back and forth at the end.  Like, it wouldn't switch when I pressed the button.  I had to hold it for like 2 seconds.  Idk, it could have just been stuck, but check to make sure.

Blizzard

1. Good suggestion.

2. IDK, it should work fine. Well, that room is bloated with events so that could be the thing that's causing the problem. I think that I had to limit the response time for the switches since you could break it otherwise. ._.

G_G

I'm just got on chapter 4, I'm slowly making my way.

Blizzard

@winkio: I just remembered the 2nd problem. IDK what's wrong, I thought I was able to fix it. :/

winkio

January 11, 2010, 10:58:11 pm #13 Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:57:43 pm by winkio
k, I made it to white peak, so I'm going to be stuck for a while.

EDIT:  In the monster informations page, the exp is displayed as some type of float decimal, not an integer.

EDIT2:  Also, when the spirits restore the bridge, I'm only able to pass along the top of the three squares at the border.

EDIT3:  And in the ice temple, in the dark icy room that is supposed to have visibility only around Jason, the thing is in the bottom right of the screen instead.

Blizzard

I'll look into that stuff.

BTW, I found what the problem was with the bug in Adel Tower. It was Input.press?, but it should have been Input.trigger?.

Blizzard

January 13, 2010, 10:35:11 am #15 Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 04:18:48 pm by Blizzard
*double posts*

Found and fixed the first two bugs. Here's the fix for the visibility image in Ice Temple since it's actually a soft lock.

[LINK REMOVED]

Just put it in the Data folder and overwrite the original file.

EDIT: Might be a good idea to update the scripts and database as well.

[LINK REMOVED]

It has a bug with the message arbiter fixed. The first time you should come across that bug should be in Kaeri. With this new Chaos.rgssad it obviously won't happen. :P