Kett Shee

Just upgraded to Windows 7, love it.  :P

You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

element

No Windows performs better than XP
Wait till you'll find the Vista-ish things 7 does ^^

Though, I also work on 7 :p

winkio

XP doesn't support 64-bit.  Therefore, it fails tremendously.  Also, I would post my desktop, but it's literally 70% icons.  I really need to clean it up.

Blizzard

Actually I remember that there was a 64 bit version of XP. Meh.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Blizzard on December 20, 2010, 12:51:04 pm
Actually I remember that there was a 64 bit version of XP. Meh.

Exactly what I was going to say. As Microsoft is no longer supporting XP (at least they won't be pretty soon; I can't remember exactly when,) 7 is the better option at this point anyway, provided you have a bit of RAM to spare.

Subsonic_Noise

The 64 bit version of XP was a mess mostly, and also not really supported at all. So meh.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: element on December 20, 2010, 12:34:27 pm
No Windows performs better than XP
Wait till you'll find the Vista-ish things 7 does ^^

Though, I also work on 7 :p

lawl so ignoant

Kett Shee

Got really bored with my desktop. >,>
Changed my theme and rainmeter skin, hid icons with fences, etc.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Holyrapid

I once tried to install a custom theme to my seven, but it went horribly wrong, and it ended up to the situation i had to restore it from a backup...
So, how did you do it? I'd like to know...
As for my desktop, it's a sketch of Kenpachi Zaraki.

Kett Shee

Quote from: DesPKP on December 25, 2010, 05:54:00 am
I once tried to install a custom theme to my seven, but it went horribly wrong, and it ended up to the situation i had to restore it from a backup...
So, how did you do it? I'd like to know...
As for my desktop, it's a sketch of Kenpachi Zaraki.

Backed up the necessary system files, then copied the new ones in place of the originals.
You also have to have your system patched for 3rd party themes.

Holyrapid

I think i just somehow failed the last time... I wish there was something along the lines of ThemeXp for Win7...

Spaceman McConaughey

Microsoft for some reason does not allow custom themes on Vista and 7.

I do not know why, but it is just ridiculous, is it not?

stripe103

December 25, 2010, 12:28:46 pm #492 Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 12:30:56 pm by stripe103
XP don't allow custom msstyles either. Not without patch anyway. But yea, it is ridiculous.

@DesPKP
You can use this to patch the needed files. Worked wonderfully for me. And you can get the original back again really easy. But just in case, back up your files first, or like have Ubuntu on a USB drive so you can get back the original files if something goes wrong. It shouldn't, but you can never be too sure with computers..
Universal Theme Patcher (32 bit)
Universal Theme Patcher (64 bit)

G_G

Where can I find some of these themes? Everytime I google windows 7 themes I get crappy ones.

On Topic:
1920x1080 Resolution (huge)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Holyrapid

@Stripe, i have UTP and yet i got something to go horribly wrong...
For now, i'd be happy if i could have a vista-ish look on the task bar. (a ball shaped windows logo that came out a bit, and a rounded task bar)

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: DesPKP on December 27, 2010, 07:38:11 am
@Stripe, i have UTP and yet i got something to go horribly wrong...
For now, i'd be happy if i could have a vista-ish look on the task bar. (a ball shaped windows logo that came out a bit, and a rounded task bar)

You on 7? If so:
Right click the task bar, click properties, then check small icons to on.

stripe103

December 27, 2010, 09:15:12 am #496 Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 09:18:10 am by stripe103
@ G_G
That is because themes are just wallpaper and window color changes. What you need is Visual Styles. http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/windows7/?order=9
After you have patched the files, just copy the visual style file and it's folder into the folder in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\

@ Tuggernuts
That isn't enough for what he is trying to do, I think. Des, there are Windows Vista styles for Windows 7, but you will need to have those files patched, else they won't work. What is it that goes wrong?

Spaceman McConaughey

He said "vista-ish" not "100% like Vista". So what I said is just what he needs. :D

Holyrapid

I am aware of the small icons, but they're too small...
@stripe: I don't remember, it' been a few months already. If i remember correctly, Windows just didn't boot up properly. Or at all actuly not at all. The computer booted up, and that's all...

stripe103

December 27, 2010, 12:26:42 pm #499 Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:02:52 pm by stripe103
If you think they are too small, then that is nothing a visual style can change.
For the boot up problem, are you sure you are using the right version. 32 or 64 bit?

Oh, and this is my current desktop
My desktop: ShowHide

The Visual style is Pre Black by =vi20RickrMetal12us
The wallpaper I took with a friends camera.. just moving the camera randomly, and one image came out like that. Really nice.