The "Post your Desktop" Thread

Started by Fantasist, January 08, 2008, 02:49:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Don't worry about it, it's a bit hard to find.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Then it's not just me then, what a relief ._.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Spaceman McConaughey

Bumptop's alright, though I much prefer Real Desktop Pro:
1600x900 OF EPICNESS!: ShowHide

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

MarkHest

October 01, 2011, 06:38:42 pm #544 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 06:39:45 pm by MarkHest
Spoiler: ShowHide

Nothing much to look at, but it'll do for now ^^

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: MarkHest on October 01, 2011, 06:38:42 pm

Nothing much to look at, but it'll do for now ^^

Dude, you appear to have a dimensional tear with evil words coming out of it placed in the center of your desktop. ATTACK!

G_G

MarkHest

Spaceman McConaughey

ForeverZer0

The nice and simple one that I am currently using:

I pretty much use the desktop only for what I am currently working on. Other than that, it USUALLY stays clutter-free. My pic is a bit boring at the moment, though...

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Spaceman McConaughey

Nice! May I ask what theme you're using, as well? Maybe get a link, too, please? :3

The taskbar looks like it would match my 3D desktop perfectly. :D

ForeverZer0

October 02, 2011, 12:37:32 pm #551 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:41:05 pm by ForeverZer0
http://solmiler.deviantart.com/art/Placebo-for-Windows-7-188414149

There are a few different styles of themes in the one package. I forget the name of the one I am using, but it makes your Windows look like this:

EDIT: The name of the theme I use in the pack is called Angst. The others are a bit too dark for my taste.

Spaceman McConaughey

Thanks, and a level up to you! :D

God, that is one hot theme. :3

Blizzard

Quote from: Tuggernuts on October 01, 2011, 12:02:34 pm
I much prefer Real Desktop Pro:

Sounds like somebody is getting a new program. *points to self*
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

I've actually been having a lot of troubles with Real Desktop. Everytime I drag something into the Recycle bin this error comes up 4 times, it does this whenever I change wallpapers or change visual settings. It does this when I create new folders. Its really annoying.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: game_guy on October 02, 2011, 04:59:36 pm
I've actually been having a lot of troubles with Real Desktop. Everytime I drag something into the Recycle bin this error comes up 4 times, it does this whenever I change wallpapers or change visual settings. It does this when I create new folders. Its really annoying.

May I politely say you're doing something wrong? I sent you a link to the same one I am using, and it works flawlessly. I can adjust all settings, use all functions, and no errors.
So, since this desktop is 3D-based, and pretty much everything you're doing pertains to something graphical(dragging 3D objects into another 3D object[recycling bin], changing graphical settings), I would say it's probably your graphics card doing it, or maybe you need to update your drivers... or something. Because, look, if it's working for me, it should for you. Or, did you run it in administrator mode? I dunno, I can safely tell you it's not the program its self. ;)

G_G

I don't see how I'm doing anything wrong since it started before I started changing settings. I highly doubt its my graphics card, the drivers are updated, I've been running it as Admin. And it'll happen when I do things not related to the desktop. Like drag files into a zip file or move files from one folder to another. I'm not blaming your or anything, just saying its not working for me.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: game_guy on October 02, 2011, 05:35:53 pm
I'm not blaming your or anything, just saying its not working for me.

I know you're not blaming me, and yeah, damn shame it's not working for you, because it's awesome(but honestly, I still think it's a problem on your end).

Ryex

Real Desktop is pretty cool...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Spaceman McConaughey

October 03, 2011, 04:17:50 am #559 Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:41:18 am by Tuggernuts
Indeed it is. I'm working on a new setup, gonna post it soon. :D

EDIT:
Okay, maybe it wasn't "soon", but yeah;
MOAR 1600x900 OF EPIC!: ShowHide