Using Doors Inside of Houses...

Started by Calintz, February 22, 2008, 01:40:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Would YOU like to be able to use doors inside houses??

Yupper...
10 (100%)
Noper...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: February 27, 2008, 01:40:20 am

Calintz

February 22, 2008, 01:40:20 am Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:42:13 am by Calintz16438
Come to think of it...I don't care what time period I'm living in, I think I would like to have the simple privacy of my own bedroom, wouldn't you?? I've decided to go ahead and make this feature possible in RMXP. It took a little thinking and a little spriting, but I've got the pattern for making this down pact...

In order to make this feature, you need an xtra door border for above the door, and you need a door that when opened, is transparent behind. I've finished one door, and four borders...Here's what this looks like in game play...
Spoiler: ShowHide

I didn't make a screenie of what the door looks like open, but I'm sure you can imagine...If you'd like to see it though, let me know. I'll make a screenie for you.

**If anybody is interested in using doors inside building let me know, because if you guys would use them, I plan on making edits for every door and every border for every house on the original RTP...An add-on package if you will.

And of course with resources like this, come the natural events to go with them. I have already laid out the most basic event for opening the doors and what not, down to the specifices of passibilities and junk, so if you're interested, let me know...I personally think this is a feature that should have come with RMXP.

Nortos

February 22, 2008, 03:48:15 am #1 Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 03:51:14 am by Nortos
*shakes fist* yes I would like it. My game's already got it :P
Spoiler: ShowHide

btw why would you use that door has blue windows you don't have windows that are dark blue on an inside door :P

Blizzard

I don't use indoors, but yes, I'd prefer them.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

wouldn't it be easier to make the top doorframe a tile?  Then we could just keep the door graphic the same...  Unless im not understanding something here...

Blizzard

LOL! There's light on the floor where the door is closed. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

winkio

I see it too.  But its nothing a few events wont fix.

Sally

i totalyl would love to use indoor doors... :) but for my game, my RPG is going to have ALL custom sprites for EVERYTHING! theres not gonna be 1 little thing that is going to be like the original rpg maker. :)

Chaze007

Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Sally

Chaze007

Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Nortos

I think also Calintz because you have a frame above the door it might look a bit weird when it opens with the top of the door moving unless you keep that there like a tile would be better or just resize the doors like mine

Calintz

February 24, 2008, 03:26:52 am #12 Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 03:28:18 am by Calintz16438
**This system has NO errors...

@Winkio
I did not make it part of the tileset, because I NEVER...EVER...dick with tilesets. I tried editing one a while back, and I was never able to get the transparency back, and I had...well let's say BIG problems and leave it at that.
**I did not change the door graphic. I made a characterset with 16 different frames in it.

@Nortos
I don't like blowing up pictures, no matter how much you re-size them, if you're blowing them up, you lose quality. "I" won't settle for that, being a spriter... Quality is everything!! The door looks fine moving, because the frame is a event, I just checked the "Always on top," no problem.
**I didn't use the other door, because I was just experimenting to see if it would work first, and it did...

@Blizzard
I noticed the light thing too, I just simply didn't worry about it, I was just making the Demo, didn't think anyone would care. I'm still sure that you guys don't. Even so, you'd actually probably see a little light coming from underneath the door.

winkio

Sweet!  Well then, do you mind if I just steal the top of the door frame out of that image you posted so I can put it into my tilesets?

Valcos

Lol  :D. I got this door thing from SlipKnots (thinks that how you spell it :P) message system demo  ;D. But yeh its pretty cool and I plan on using it!
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Calintz

@Winkio
You're more than welcome, but you might just want to wait until I upload the whole shabang!!

Sally

Calintz

I haven't made one...It's just doors opening, Lol...Not exactly what I would say is star material for an exciting DEMO, what about you??

I could[\i] make one though

Valcos

Quote from: Susys on February 24, 2008, 07:24:53 pm
werez the demo?

Argh...Cant remember sorry :(. I dele it but F.A.X. might have it still  ;D.

Quote from: Calintz16438 on February 24, 2008, 07:30:40 pm
I haven't made one...It's just doors opening, Lol...Not exactly what I would say is star material for an exciting DEMO, what about you??

I could[\i] make one though

Well, I dont think it would be a demo that would trill anyone  :D. Would be a waste of time making one  :P.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

winkio

Nice.  Looks great in my game.  Can't wait to see the others, they'll be awesome knowing you!  ;D