Neuro Navy

Started by Blizzard, January 04, 2010, 01:33:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

January 04, 2010, 01:33:04 pm Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 01:35:45 pm by Blizzard
I made a battleships clone for Windows in C# last semester for the course "Human-Computer Interactions". This semester we had a project in the course "Neural Networks" where we decided to take my game from earlier and revamp the AI so it's using a neural network for targeting decisions. Well, here's the result.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/46bmgu

The options are currently hardcoded constants (it allows any ship sets, any grid size, etc.) and it's not possible to change them in the compiled game. I'm going to improve it a bit later and add those options. I'll probably add an option where you can adjust the weight factors of the neural network's input neurons as well. :3 The ship set is 2, 3, 3, 4, 5 and the grid size is 10x10.

This compiled version has also the learning flag set to true. That means that the neural network keeps learning as you keep playing the game. >:3
Also, don't underestimate it. That thing is able to rape anybody with ease. ._.;
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

I'm trying to lay down a ship and it says Ship is invalid. I managed to lay down one ship. But I cant seem to figure out how to lay the others down.

Blizzard

You click on the start position and then click on the end position. Ships can't cross obviously.
Diagonal ships are not supported because I think it's retarded.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.