Sql and C# and 000webhost

Started by G_G, January 10, 2010, 03:37:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Okay so I want to understand a bit more how sql works in c#. So I wanted to tinker around with something. I have SMF installed on a temporary site and an SQL database setup.

So for a test program I wanted to access that database, have the user log in using the program. Its then checked through the database. Then it'll display how many messages they have.

If this isn't even possible do let me know. I'm sure I can figure out how to do this all but I need help with accessing the database. Are we allowed to even access a database thats on 000webhost?

Any help is appreciated!

Aqua

000webhost doesn't allow outside SQL connections.

G_G

Do you know of a free sql hoster that does? I remember seeing a place that allowed you to make your own databases. I cant remember where though >.<

Blizzard

I think it was called freedb.
You need an external module that allows you to connect to a MySQL server using C#.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Hellfire Dragon

freedb is something about music, you're probably thinking of http://www.db4free.net/. Also, didn't we talk about the free database thing on msn G_G? I have the logs :evil:

Here we go,

09/12/2009      22:00:14      Game_guy      hey do you know what site blizz is talking about? Quote=from blizz I think there's a site called freedb that has MySQL databases for remote hosting. Just create an account there and configure RMX-OS to connect to the remote database rather than a local one.
09/12/2009      22:01:17      Richy      freedb is something about music 0_o
09/12/2009      22:01:27      Game_guy      thats what I said to myself
09/12/2009      22:01:31      Richy      maybe he was thinking of http://www.db4free.net/

G_G

Blizzard

Yes, I was thinking about db4free, my bad.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.