Cooking System Assistance

Started by SRS Siege, December 23, 2009, 08:11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SRS Siege

I'm currently working on a RPG project with this battle system (which is amazing) and this thread has helped me many times, so here is something in return.  I don't know who it will help out, but when I figured it out I thought it would be useful for others to know, my cooking system.

What you do:
1)Create a state that lasts for 1 second.
2)Create a non-cooked item and the cooked version of it (ie. raw meat and cooked meat).
3)Make an event, like a fire or stove, and have it change your state to a specific state used for cooking (that lasts for 1 second).
4)After the fire event changes your character's state it opens the menu (followed by a 17 frame wait, enough time for the game to open the auto-opened menu and still be in a cooking state but not enough time for someone to exit the auto-opened menu and open their own menu).
5)There the player goes to items and selects what they want to cook (ie. raw meat).
6)The item (non consumable) runs a common event when selected that checks for the cooking state on the player.
7)If the player is in the cooking state the common event offers a choice to confirm cooking of the selected item.

Notes:
-Have to create a common event for each item that can be cooked.
-For the "else" on the conditional branch that checks for the cooking state put something that the game will say when it denies cooking of the item (ie. I'll need a fire to cook this).
-Have an imput number in the conditional branch for the cooking state so the player can choose how much of the item they want to cook at once.

Thanks for your time, SRS Siege

Aqua

This isn't Blizz-ABS related...
Why is this here? O.o

And... I really don't understand why you need a state for this... o.o
You can just have the fire/stove/hot rock/etc do all the events.

SRS Siege

December 24, 2009, 01:40:49 am #2 Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:05:59 pm by SRS Siege
Just trying to help somebody out because this is the first place I look for tips on how to work with RPG Maker XP in general. And I used states and common events so that you could select the item you want to cook from the item menu instead of from a show choices list which gives the game a better fell, I think.

On something that is Blizz-ABS related...
1)Is there anyway to make it so that corpses arn't on top of you when you go to pick them up?
2)Anyway to make it so that you dont move while you defend? (I know it was mentioned earlier but the solution was never posted)

tSwitch

I don't know why I split and moved this, but I did, flight of fancy.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr