[XP] Blizz-ABS Controller for RMX-OS

Started by Blizzard, January 17, 2010, 05:02:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

crzyone9584

Quote from: Blizzard on February 15, 2010, 05:04:34 am
Online party yes, caterpillar most probably no. At least not in version 1.0 which should be up during the day or tomorrow.

How will the party system work? Will the leader be the one controlling what map people are on? Or will it be if one member goes to one map then all members go to that map?

Also the only reason I was wondering about the caterpillar is because I was hoping to put in a system like Guild Wars. Where you could have like 3-4 npc characters join you on a quest/run/battle. But that would require the caterpillar script to work so that they would follow you.

But that is awesome progress your making blizzard. Keep up the great work.

Blizzard

Map control is separate. One player is assigned as "GMaster" who then takes over all the Blizz-ABS processing. That way you don't need to have the server run a customized copy of RMXP to be able to process stuff.

The party system is simple.

1. When you are not in a party or the party leader of an already existing party, you can request somebody to join your party. If you are not in a party yet, that will make you the party leader.
2. You can leave a party anytime.
3. As party leader you can kick party members.
4. As party leader you can disband the entire party. In that case the remaining party members can form a new party among themselves.
5. Party members that are on the same map (and also within a certain distance) will get EXP from monsters killed by other party members.

I might add later something like "follow party leader" so people don't have to walk by themselves all the time. It's a bit more complicated to add that and I need to finish the plugin today so I'm leaving that out for now.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

crzyone9584

Quote from: Blizzard on February 15, 2010, 05:32:33 am
5. Party members that are on the same map (and also within a certain distance) will get EXP from monsters killed by other party members.

Thats good to know. I was actually about to edit my other post and ask about how the EXP be separated.

For the Experience will there be a way to limit how much each character gets. Like to help prevent power-leveling. So that a level 1 gets in a party with people who are level like 10 and then they protect that level one to level them faster by going to a map that has a higher level monster. So in theory would it be possible to limit the exp. so that if a member is x levels lower then the leader then they get like x amount of experience so that there is no power-leveling.

(sry if thats hard to understand)

Blizzard

I know what you mean, but I'm leaving that up to the game developer. You can always limit map entrance depending on levels so weak players can't enter maps with strong monsters.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

crzyone9584

Quote from: Blizzard on February 15, 2010, 02:59:22 pm
I know what you mean, but I'm leaving that up to the game developer. You can always limit map entrance depending on levels so weak players can't enter maps with strong monsters.

Never thought about making it so that lower levels couldn't go to a map. Thanks for the idea.

Blizzard

crzyone9584

Can't wait to try this out tomorrow afternoon when i get home from my morning classes. Just need to find someone to come play with me so i can kill them tomorrow ^_^

Blizzard

I expect that you will quickly encounter bugs and problems. :/ I was having odd problems myself that simply vanished at some point. I don't think they vanished because they were fixed. :/

crzyone9584

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2010, 02:47:44 am
I expect that you will quickly encounter bugs and problems. :/ I was having odd problems myself that simply vanished at some point. I don't think they vanished because they were fixed. :/

Well I'll be sure to report any problems here. But I'm working on the weapons and items database  right now so i can finally get some content going.

Blizzard

BTW, I tested this with Blizz-ABS's Visual Equipment and it's working. :3

G_G

February 16, 2010, 08:48:57 am #50 Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:52:05 am by game_guy
As soon as I registered this popped up.
Spoiler: ShowHide

I have Caterpillar false, and set MAX_PARTY to 1
What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: It seemed to only pop up once or twice, but the times it didn't the enemies didn't do anything. They just stand there.

Blizzard

Ok, are you people even using RMX-OS 1.08? It's clearly there.

Blizzard

*double posts*

Ok, the full version is up. It's 1.01 because I forgot to post the server extension of 1.0. G_G couldn't get it running and I thought the extension was messed up so I refined the coding a bit. Then I realized that I didn't post the extension. And finally somebody else has the real version 1.0 already so this can't be version 1.0 as well. So it's 1.01. *makes no sense* :V:

crzyone9584

February 16, 2010, 03:54:04 pm #53 Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 06:19:48 pm by crzyone9584
So i noticed my position on the map is saved but my level ain't. Am i missing something or is it a bug?

Also having the same problem G_G is having but mines a different line and different error code. When it shows game crashes and when it doesn't the abs wont work. :'( sad sad day.

QuoteScript 'Blizz ABS RMX-OS Addon' line 542: NomethodError occurred.
undefined method 'create_character_data' for
#<RMXOS::Network:0x78ca230

And yes i looked create is spelled right in this error unlike the last error i had lol.

G_G

Quote from: game_guy on February 16, 2010, 08:48:57 am
As soon as I registered this popped up.
Spoiler: ShowHide

I have Caterpillar false, and set MAX_PARTY to 1
What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: It seemed to only pop up once or twice, but the times it didn't the enemies didn't do anything. They just stand there.

Its still only doing it once or twice. And when it doesn't do it, enemies still aren't doing anything.
I included the extension as well. But still nothing.

whitespirits

Blizzard can you please upload a demo with this plugin, i have added an some times pvp works sometimes it dosent and monsters arnt global :(

Blizzard

Keep in mind that there is lag between clients. You can't get results immediately and it's possible that a monster has moved until your attack data actually got to the client that processes everything.

@G_G & crzy: Look, guys, I don't know why, but the method is defined in my scripts and it's not in yours. I'll put up 1.09 somewhere today or tomorrow.

crzyone9584

Quote from: Blizzard on February 17, 2010, 02:24:40 am
Keep in mind that there is lag between clients. You can't get results immediately and it's possible that a monster has moved until your attack data actually got to the client that processes everything.

@G_G & crzy: Look, guys, I don't know why, but the method is defined in my scripts and it's not in yours. I'll put up 1.09 somewhere today or tomorrow.

Me either. To be honest I don't know RGSS. Hince my problem with me trying to save things that won't save.

Blizzard

Save data doesn't differ much from the default RMX-OS. You should check if the game saves normally with just RMX-OS.

whitespirits

thanks blizzard im really looking forward to 1.09