Shaman Odyssey - Tropic Adventure

Started by Blizzard, January 18, 2010, 08:39:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Protect deserted islanders from a wide range of threats in Shaman Odyssey: Tropic Adventure™, a unique tropical adventure made by Cateia Games! Only $6.99!

The people of your tribe have been separated for many years on the many islands dotting the sea. Despite the tranquil environment, danger is never far from your heavenly homeland. Sharks have been spotted circling the islands, tropical storms frequently sweep through, and pirates are closing in.

Protect the villagers and their families by building a new, safe place to live and, ultimately, reunite your people!

• Beautiful tropical atmosphere and spectacular 3D graphics

• Choose your Shaman and explore many tropical islands

• Build-up your villages and make your villagers happy

• Collect ingredients and prepare various magical potions

• Protect your villagers from ghosts, pirates, sharks and more

More information here.

I am in no way affiliated with Cateia Games. :V (That is massive sarcasm, I work for this company. xD)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Blizzard

Actually Shaman was done at the end of November. The actual release took a bit longer due to various problems with the publishers.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

Well it looks good!!
I will test out the DEMO, and if I like it I'll look into buying the full version.

$6.99 is a price I would be willing to part with to help a game company that a buddy of mine works for. =D

Diokatsu

January 18, 2010, 07:43:37 pm #4 Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:45:13 pm by Diokatsu
Quote from: fugibo on January 18, 2010, 08:50:37 am
HOLY BJÖRK

Hail, fellow believer.

Reminds me of Sims+RTS

Starrodkirby86

Oh hey, I remember you posted screenshots of this somewhere in CP once...Whatever the case, it's definitely what I would see as a professional piece of work.

Now if only I had the money...Er, online transactions and all that. ;^;

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Aqua

In what language is the game coded?
C++?

Game looks cute :3

Blizzard

We used actually Python with the 3D engine OGRE (specifically the Python version PyOGRE). The next game I'm working on is in C++.

Diokatsu

Blizzard

No, it has actually a few major flaws. One flaw is the inconsistent garbage collector. It caused us so much trouble that you wouldn't believe it. Another flaw is the very poor support for multi-threading. Luckily, we didn't need that one.

Diokatsu

fugibo

Quote from: Diokatsu on January 22, 2010, 12:15:55 pm
Quote from: Diokatsu on January 21, 2010, 08:25:15 pm
Python is fucking great.

Exactly

It can be hilarious at times, but the movies don't really live up to expectations. The swallow thing was the best part of Grail.

Diokatsu

Quote from: fugibo on January 22, 2010, 12:46:12 pm
Quote from: Diokatsu on January 22, 2010, 12:15:55 pm
Quote from: Diokatsu on January 21, 2010, 08:25:15 pm
Python is fucking great.

Exactly

It can be hilarious at times, but the movies don't really live up to expectations. The swallow thing was the best part of Grail.

It's more of a social thing for me. I like to do it in groups and then everything seems more funny. We have running commentary on it in our circles so the jokes tend to be more of a "You had to be there with us" kind of deal. A bit overrated I must say.

Blizzard

Of the killer bunny. :3 Didn't watch many, though. I'm not really a fan.

Also, on topic! >8U

Calintz

This game appeals to me and I can't understand why. Perhaps it's the eye popping graphics style that draws me in, but I decided to download the DEMO today. If the DEMO holds true, then I will purchase it full price at "Sandlot Games" for $6.99.

Blizzard

Yay! :D

You should also try King's Legacy, Shaman's quasi-sequel. We did quite a few improvements to the gameplay.

Calintz

Is that what King's Legacy is all about?
Let me download the DEMO of that too.

Ryex

well I tried the shaman game'd 60 mint trial, I got 3/4 of the way thoug the game and was about to beat a level when it ran out. lol. I like the game but only for a time waister
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />