[XP] Bestiary Blizz-ABS Plugin

Started by G_G, January 20, 2010, 05:49:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

January 20, 2010, 05:49:35 pm Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:53:19 am by Blizzard
Bestiary Blizz-ABS Plugin
Authors: game_guy
Version: 1.1
Type: Enemy Catalogue Display
Key Term: Blizz-ABS Plugin

Introduction

This is what the bestiary does.
Original Quote: ShowHide

Quote from: Blizzard on January 09, 2008, 05:11:16 pm
This script will allow your characters to retrieve information about enemies during battle and show them in a window. This script can easily be used for Pokémon typed games.

This work is protected by the following license:
Creative Commons - Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ )

You are free:

to Share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work
to Remix - to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

Share alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.

- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

- Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.

What this script actually does is make it so Blizzard's Bestiary script work with Blizz-ABS.
Blizzard's Bestiary

Features

To see all bestiary features click the link above.

• Makes Blizzard's Bestiary script work with Blizz-ABS

Screenshots

N/A

Demo

N/A

Script

Spoiler: ShowHide

#===============================================================================
# Bestiary Blizz-ABS Plugin
# Author game_guy
# Version 1.1
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Intro:
# Makes Blizzard's Bestiary work with Blizz-ABS.
#
# Features:
# Makes Blizzard's Bestiary work with Blizz-ABS.
#
# Instructions:
# Place this script below Blizzard's Bestiary and below Blizz-ABS.
#
# Notes:
# Get Blizzard's Bestiary here.
# http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,121.0.html
#
# Credits:
# game_guy ~ for making it
# Blizzard ~ for Bestiary and Blizz-ABS
#===============================================================================
if !$BlizzABS || BlizzABS::VERSION < 2.7 || $bestiary_enabled < 2.3
 raise 'This script requires Blizz-Abs 2.7 or higher and Blizzards Bestiary 2.3 or higher.'
end
class Map_Enemy < Map_Battler
 attr_reader :enemy
end
module BlizzABS
 class Processor
   alias gg_add_bestiary_abs_lat remove_enemy
   def remove_enemy(enemy)
     $game_system.add_beast(enemy.enemy.id)
     return gg_add_bestiary_abs_lat(enemy)
   end
 end
end
$BlizzABS = BlizzABS::Processor.new

Instructions

Place this script below Blizzard's Bestiary and below Blizz-ABS.

Compatibility

Made specifically for Blizz-ABS. Won't work with other Action Battle Systems.
This also requires Blizzard's Bestiary.

Credits and Thanks

• game_guy ~ for making it
  • Blizzard ~ for Blizz-ABS and Bestiary

Author's Notes

Give credits and enjoy!

Sacred Nym

Quote昨日の自分に「さようなら」
Say "Goodbye" to who you were yesterday.

G_G

*bump* Big reason too, I just realized it wasn't adding enemies right. So I fixed it. New version is up, if anyone had troubles before get the new version and it'll work.

Jek

March 21, 2010, 02:03:24 am #3 Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 02:25:57 am by Jek
This looks AWESOME! If you want I can make a demo.

G_G

megaman30796

how can i actually analyze the opponent....do i need any button 2 press?
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

G_G

I'm assuming you mean the analyze system. See thats a completely different script where this one adds enemy info when they die.

megaman30796

i seee......it can be used in Blizz-ABS right? but how do i check the opponent's data after killing them?
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

G_G

You have to use this with Blizzards Bestiary I'm sure you know that. Then you open the Bestiary by calling this in a script call somewhere.
$scene = Scene_Bestiary.new

megaman30796

December 29, 2010, 02:52:20 am #9 Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 03:11:59 am by megaman30796
Oh I See!!! I Didn't Know Any Scripting Actually...So, I Didn't Know What 2 Type....I'll Try It Out And Tell You If It Works Or Not.

AWESOME!!!! IT WORKED JUST FINE AND WELL!!!

G_G

megaman30796

last question :^_^':.......you know...when i scroll up on the bestiary, there's 1 part that displays their information......how do i edit it?

G_G

Go into the bestiary script that blizz made himself, and read the instructions. It should tell you how.

megaman30796

Oh Ok! Thanks A Million!!! You Really Helped In Improving My Game.....You Reply Much Faster Compared 2 the others.....sometimes i waited a day and a half and still no reply.

G_G

Kinda got a lot of time on my hands at the moment. In a couple of days I'll only be able to reply once or twice every day or every other day. Anyways glad I could help.

megaman30796

SBR*

I've never leveled you up for this, G_G! Level up :D!

Cya :urgh:!