Taken for granted

Started by Ryex, January 23, 2010, 08:20:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

So today I was offered the opportunity to go up snowboarding for the first time this year (I had lots of fun, and for the first time in my memory didn't crash once).
and on the bus ride back home got to thinking that ever since I was old enough to go skiing I have lived within 30-45 minutes of a large ski resort. despite having moved three times in the last 14 years. along with this I realized the I am one VERY luck bastard. I would be willing to bet that I'm one of two or three people on this forum who have even had the chance to ski let alone do so on a regular basis.

and until recently I have just taken this fact as granted, it is highly likely that I will will only have the chance to ski rarely of the rest of my life starting next year.

so. what things of this sort have you taken for granted? you might have to really think about it :P
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Aqua

Being able to ski is something that's taken for granted? O.o

Diokatsu

Quote from: Aqua on January 23, 2010, 10:36:52 pm

No, having the accessibility to sky anytime you want to is.

Ryex

Quote from: Diokatsu on January 23, 2010, 10:41:49 pm
Quote from: Aqua on January 23, 2010, 10:36:52 pm

No, having the accessibility to ski anytime you want to is.

exsactly
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

I didn't grow up with too much so I learned a long time ago to value everything I have. I don't think there's stuff in my life I take for granted. I can be wrong, of course.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Diokatsu

I took eating, sleeping, being clothed, having family and friends, living with love, being healthy, being smart, having fun, having things in general, and being comfortable for granted. Now I see how blessed I am. And I don't even have anything compared to a lot of people around me. No new videos games, no going out to eat, no father, and yet I still can be happy and sleep in a warm bed and have a loving family. What more could I ever want?

Fallen Angel X

Quote from: Diokatsu on January 24, 2010, 04:02:16 pm
I took eating, sleeping, being clothed, having family and friends, living with love, being healthy, being smart, having fun, having things in general, and being comfortable for granted. Now I see how blessed I am. And I don't even have anything compared to a lot of people around me. No new videos games, no going out to eat, no father, and yet I still can be happy and sleep in a warm bed and have a loving family. What more could I ever want?

You could want more cowbell.

I take everything for granted and proudly. :^_^':

Diokatsu

Blizzard

No, no, no! You NEED more cowbell! :D

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

just like you NEED more spam!  :D

Starrodkirby86

I think we're taking SPAM for granted. Without SPAM, the world can sometimes be a lot less interesting, and some of the wittiest nougats of humor would have never been born. :V:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Ryex

the truth the truth! it speaks the truth! :haha: now... where is the hammer i keep special for those who speak truth? you didn't hide it some where did you? you did! I know you! hiding it is exactly the kind of thing you would do! well now I think I'll have to extract payment for you ways!
MUHAHAHAHA
*goes raving off into the dark cave whose entrance appeared out of know where.*

winkio

You know what I don't take for granted?  Stable webhosts.  Honestly...

Blizzard

Yeah. I've had my share of unstable hosts. I know to value stable ones now. ._.

Ryex

that is very true. I've yet to find a host who's "99.9% uptime" exists.

Tazero

I guess I take alot for granted ...
Like being able to eat on a regular basis and other things (mid)class families can have.

If you were a fish...

legacyblade

After moving out on my own (this time I don't have a meal pass to the collage cafeteria), I've stopped taking food for granted. I ate my first week's worth of food in a single afternoon and had to skimp on school supplies and laundry just to get an apple or something every day. (I mooched a slim fast off of my friend a couple times). But I know I take a lot for granted. Like having a nice computer and a desk.

Blizzard

Quote from: Ryexander on January 26, 2010, 09:48:37 am
that is very true. I've yet to find a host who's "99.9% uptime" exists.

www.u2-web.com ^_^ About 3 hours downtime in 2 years. :D