[RESOLVED] Accessory = Elemental attack?

Started by Jragyn, January 25, 2010, 07:19:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jragyn

January 25, 2010, 07:19:58 pm Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:57:31 pm by jragyn00
So I swear up and down that I found a script here that will accomplish such...by Game_guy nonetheless, but now Its evading my scouring eyeballs.

So I need a way to manipulate the element of attack that a character does, via accessory/armor.

IE: Fiery Ring = Weapons do fire-typed damage when equipped.

The only script this ultimately need be compatible with would be Blizzard's ABS. Err, 2.6+...
And Guillaume's(?) Equip setup.
[G777 as I've seen it refered to]
(Not that I do anything crazy with it, just use it to limit the number of equipment on a character, versus giving an abundant amount of various unusual kinds, lol.)

I leave it up to the scripter to decide on ease of creation as to whether or not it would be easy to make multiple different elemental rings equippable, or just 1 at a time, I can make it work in the game either way.

And err, yeah. Thats that!

Though its not of dire urgency, the sooner this dilemma is resolved, the better. :]

--JeR

A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Jragyn

Anyone have ideas as to how to go about accomplishing this?
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

G_G

I'll take it up but I have a few requests first that I need to get out of the way. This seems simple enough so it might be done right away.

Jragyn

Oh geez, sorry G_G, llike I said, I thought you already made a script that did just this...
but oh well, maybeI had been mistaken.

Goodluck with it, and lemme know when its all done!
I'm eager.

Jragyn

Hey, how is this coming along, G_G?  :^_^':
I wouldn't object too much if yu left instructions as to what was going on in the script too,
so perhaps I could follow along and learn myself tooooo.
I ache to learn scripting to some degree!

G_G

Its done right now. But it doesnt work with the multi-equip yet. It'll be done tonight.

Jragyn

Oh hurray!
But it works, eh?

Can I see can I see O.O

And if err, possible, can you comment the shit out of it too?
(If thats difficult due to number of lines of code, I understand, just hoping)

I aim to be able to script someday, and I learn best via analyzing other scripts.
There is nothing more a treasure to me than a script that explains the purpose
and reason for each line of code(or several lines of code) so that I may
edit/modify/rectify/tinker with for educational purposes. :D

--JeR

G_G

Oh yea forgot to mention...it does work with the multi equip. Sorry.

Here's the link http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5681.0.html I thought I had posted here already.

Jragyn

Thanks again, Game_guy!
Your work inspires 42lbs of Awe, this time around!
Good job!