Audio = Missing/Skipped Animation Cells XP1.02a

Started by MeVII, January 27, 2010, 11:47:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MeVII

January 27, 2010, 11:47:31 am Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:05:53 pm by MeVII
I was going through creating weapon animations and I noticed cells were being skipped during playback.

Im not 100% sure of the cause, but I know it never happens if there's only one sound effect per frame.

Note however, it doesn't always happen if there are two or more sfx on a frame.

Imported vrs original sfx seem to have an impact as well.

This is really just a heads up, Im content to shift sounds forward or backward a frame to get 100% animation cell playback.

I figgured Id mention it because its a very hard thing to catch if its happening. (I caught it because I added a very specific animation cell to a very specific frame and noticed it did not appear in playback.)

MeVII

Sacred Nym

If it never happens when there isn't two SEs playing on the same frame then don't have two SEs playing on the same frame. Either remove one of them or have it differ by one frame.

I didn't even know that you could play two SEs on the same animation frame.  :P
Quote昨日の自分に「さようなら」
Say "Goodbye" to who you were yesterday.

MeVII

January 27, 2010, 06:27:31 pm #2 Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:33:19 pm by MeVII
QuoteIf it never happens when there isn't two SEs playing on the same frame then don't have two SEs playing on the same frame. Either remove one of them or have it differ by one frame.

I know, that's what I said I was doing.

QuoteIm content to shift sounds forward or backward a frame to get 100% animation cell playback.

It was more of an FYI for people that may not have noticed.

QuoteI figgured Id mention it because its a very hard thing to catch if its happening.

MeVII

Blizzard

I usually don't have problems with 2 SE playing at the same time. :/
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MeVII

Hum, well, I am curious as to why its happening, but working around it is near effortless, so its very low priority.
Perhaps someone else will notice or figure it out ... post it here, and fulfill my curiosity. :)

MeVII