7-Day project [MOVED]

Started by fthmdg, January 28, 2010, 01:56:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fthmdg

January 28, 2010, 01:56:38 pm Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 11:16:39 am by fthmdg
Rules I'm sticking to ::
Spoiler: ShowHide

>> Standard RTP graphics
>> Standard Database+ [other than characters]
     [I can add to the database, but can't take away from it other than characters]
>> NO scripts
>> Must have an actual storyline / objective

that's about it really.

Storyline

Long ago in the world of Truech, there was a great evil. Many creatures had appeared and begun consuming the land and its resources. The king had deployed a force called the Elite Guard to vanquish the creatures. The Elite Guard fought as hard as they could, but they were entirely outnumbered. As the creatures grew in number, they took control over more and more land. Something needed to be done soon, or all of Truech would be lost.

Characters

Candon
- Raised by a fisherman who he thought was his father, Candon never really knew much about his past. He was a soldier in the kings army, but was dropped when the Elite Guard was formed. Now he's being sucked back in, and called for from the head general of the Elite Guard himself.

General
- A wise, old war veteran who fought in the Great Wars before the invasion of Truech. He now leads the entire Elite Guard, traveling the lands and doing what he can to hold off the creatures for as long as possible.

Kristi
- One of the Elite Guards' prized hunters. She is known for her incredible skills with a bow, and her loyalty. Not much is known about her past, however.

Ruthius Maximus
- The Elite Guard captain who leads the armies in the southern lands of Vol'deo. He is very headstrong and determined when needed, but is known for making sure he and his men have a good time as often as possible.

So I'm going to see if I can make a little rpg and have it 'completed' in 24 hours one week or less starting today [Jan. 27].

Edit ::
Got the details of the storyline tampered out, and most of the beginning of the game done. However, I highly doubt I'll have this anywhere near completed in 24 hours, so I'm changing it to one week, starting yesterday.

I flushed out the storyline, and decided I like the idea a lot more than I thought, so I want to make a decent game instead of rushing something. ^.^

Blizzard

"No scripts" will make the game pretty generic. :/ You should at least get some basic stuff like a CMS, maybe an AMS, some basic graphical add-ons and probably Blizz-ABSEAL (Anti-Lag). With just a few scripts you can make the game much more entertaining.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fthmdg

That's a good point. I was thinking I could just do stuff like that with event systems, but I dunno if I'd have the time to get the game done as well as tweak out all the event systems to get everything working properly. Scripts would be much easier ^.^