GameOver screens. Which one to use?

Started by nerissya, February 26, 2008, 09:09:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nerissya

February 26, 2008, 09:09:54 am Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 09:11:50 am by nerissya
Hello there. I need help. Ive done 3 Game Over screens but i can't choose.. =( Should i use this one:

Spoiler: ShowHide

This one:

Or this one?

If you think they are ugly, please, keep it to yourselves and tell me which one you think looks best.

Thank you! <3

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

Blizzard

The second one. You should have made a poll, BTW. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nerissya

The Second one? Got it. Lets see what the other people says... x)

Blizzard

Yeah. I think the game's name shouldn't be in a game over screen except if it looks good from the point of design.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nerissya

Okay then.. =)  I kind of agree with you. but anyway. =)

Sally

legacyblade

Nortos

2nd or if you want the name on it than 1st over 3rd

nerissya

Heh, okay then.. =)  Did it look any good btw? you already know im not good at anything. ^^

Fantasist

Quoteyou already know im not good at anything. ^^

No I don't, and I won't accept it. You know, if you're not good at anything, you'll at least be goot at NOTHING! (bad joke...)

Here's a surprise, when I saw the first pic, I thought "hey, looks nice"

My opinion: It's awesome as an image, but a door way with light ahead doesn't fit as a Game Over imo.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

nerissya

Its symbolic. You know, when you die. you see a "light". =) I thought you all knew... =)

Blizzard

Actually I liked that effect a lot. I got it like "A man sits alone in a small cell, no escape, the light gets weaker and weaker... game over..."

Fantasist

To me, it seemed as if a man, about to lose hope and die, finally finds light, a way out. Same thing as nerissya, but since I've been an athiest for a while, my mind din't catch it...
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Quan

I, too, vote for 2!

If you want to go with one with a title, I'd recommend making the title text a little smaller.  Might look better from a design standpoint.

But wow, excellent game over imagery, no matter how you interpret it.  Sorta reminds me of Silent Hill.  You're better than you give yourself credit for, yo!

nerissya