Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

January 30, 2010, 11:07:54 am Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 04:27:39 am by game_guy
Cybele Resource Database

UNDER DEVELOPMENT (YET AGAIN)
Development Thread

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Landith

Sweet! I've been looking for something like this!
*downloads* :V:
Pshh... Like I don't already have it ;)

But really good job on this (:

legacyblade

My computer weirded out and submitted my resource 3 times o.o Maybe you should support member accounts so people can modify and delete the resources they submit.

Also, it would be cool if (when submitting a charset) if you could add poses that are linked to it. (when you're looking at that character set, it'll have files availible under the sprite's poses section) That way I could add the blizzABS poses I've made for most of the sprites I was planning on submitting.

But a great tool none the less!

Lore

What happened to releasing this next Saturday? xD

Anyway, I guess it can't be helped. I'll just finish submitting my resources whenever I can.
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

Landith

Quote from: legacyblade on January 30, 2010, 01:49:02 pm
My computer weirded out and submitted my resource 3 times o.o Maybe you should support member accounts so people can modify and delete the resources they submit.

Yeah I found that bug when I was beta testing it and he fixed it but I guess it came back up again :/
I like the idea of accounts where they can modify and delete though.

legacyblade

I think it was more that I clicked submit again after it said error, then there was no response, so I clicked it a couple more times >.>

But user accounts would be really nice.

Lore

Quote from: legacyblade on January 30, 2010, 02:29:12 pm
I think it was more that I clicked submit again after it said error, then there was no response, so I clicked it a couple more times >.>

But user accounts would be really nice.

That happens when you submit a big resource I believe. Not necessarily in file size, just in actual size. I submitted a big animation sheet that was pretty huge and it did that not responding thing. You just have to patiently wait. G_G needs to add a little progress bar or something to signify that the program is actually uploading and not frozen, because it freezes while it uploads.

My suggestion is to just wait until it says "Done" by the submit button.
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

legacyblade

January 30, 2010, 02:49:48 pm #8 Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 02:53:58 pm by legacyblade
Alright, I'll do that in the future. (and my file wasn't that big, it was a charset :( )

Another suggestion I have is to make the RPG Maker XP and RPG Maker VX Animations (and other resources types that are exactly the same between versions) check for the same resources.

Lore

I just sat down and added like 300 battlers >.>
My fingers hurt.

winkio

Very nice.  I'd say the only thing you need is a search function so that when the database gets larger, you can find things you need.  Or display them alphabetically/by author.  Just some type of organization within each category.

G_G

January 30, 2010, 04:44:17 pm #11 Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:27:19 pm by game_guy
I'm adding features still. Making it easier to view them. Any other suggestions are good too.

EDIT: Updated. I now included a new category called Resource Packs. So if you have a bunch of resources in one pack, put it in a zip and submit it.

C.C. rOyAl

Spoiler: ShowHide

lilbrudder917

I'm guessing something messed up?

Nothing is showing up for anything, and the resource count says

QuoteTotal Resources Submitted: -2

and everything has 0.

I'm guessing it has something to do with either
QuoteUpdated. I now included a new category called Resource Packs.

or

Quoteadded like 300 battlers

Lore

Quote from: C.C. rOyAl on January 30, 2010, 05:30:11 pm
Lol isnt this like RMXPool?

Waayyyy improved.

Secondly, G_G had to wipe the database due to numerous fixes. So please re-upload any resources you have submitted.

lilbrudder917

Quote from: Lore on January 30, 2010, 05:32:07 pm
Quote from: C.C. rOyAl on January 30, 2010, 05:30:11 pm
Lol isnt this like RMXPool?

Waayyyy improved.

Secondly, G_G had to wipe the database due to numerous fixes. So please re-upload any resources you have submitted.

Ah, that would explain it, then... (still don't know why it says -2, though.)

Lore

Just a bug in the server.

Don't worry about the wipe. It's worth it due to numerous fixes AND I'm designing a new layout and buttons.

Secondly, over the course of this week, I'll personally be submitting over 1000 RMXP Resources, so the database will be up and running with tons of resources by next Saturday.

G_G

January 30, 2010, 06:31:49 pm #17 Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 07:15:30 pm by game_guy
Fixed server bug with -2 showing. ANd we'll be submitting a bunch of resources now.

Feel free to submit resources guys!

EDIT: Added support image for the topic.

Use this in your siggy.
[url=http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5491.0.html][img]http://decisive-games.com/ggp/image.php[/img][/url]

Actual background image is being made by lore.

legacyblade

Wow, it's easier to tell if it's actually uploading now. Though I wasn't aware of the changes that'd been made (you just have to click submit, then it'll upload, rather than clicking submit AFTER the upload), so I submitted the Legacyblade Icon twice >.> In the box that says uploading, there should be a cancel button in case you accidentally click it twice.

G_G

Well it kinda uploads a little too quick to cancel. No worries I deleted the copy. I enhanced the database making it easier to erase things.

legacyblade

Well you know the box that says "press OK to upload"? You could put a cancel button in there.

G_G

ah thats what you meant, that I can do. *goes to do it*

legacyblade

Sweet :D This is a really cool device. The only things I can think of that would improve it are....

1. More shiny. Redesigning the application with a custom skin and buttons would make it cooler :P Totally unnecessary though.
2. The ability to upload poses to go with a charset. That way you could upload all the blizzABS poses for a character (a list of the poses could be shown to the right of the charset. And when you click download, it could ask you if you want to download the poses with it.) This would really be cool :D
3. Member accounts (so a member can modify and delete their submissions). I know we've all mentioned this before, but I felt like making a list :P

It's really cool that you put the time into making this.

G_G

Me and lore are working on the first one, I might do the 2nd one and the 3rd one seems doable. I'll finish the cancel button and see if I can add a member account thing

legacyblade

Ok :) make sure to keep us posted. Once those two features are added, I've got my entire sprite shrine to upload :D

G_G

Version 1.11 released. Dont feel like editing first post for actual version change.

Anyways when submitting a resource you can now click cancel in case you made a mistake.

legacyblade

Glad there's a cancel button now :D. Oh, another idea I have for character poses is to allow you to upload a ZIP as a charset. Just a thought.

G_G

I might do that as well. I might soon add winrar support too but I know a few people who dont even know what a rar file is which is why I kinda want to keep it strictly zip.

Anyways updated. Its not called DURP. (Databased User Resource Program. It may be changed again who knows. Thanks aqua).
Also in the preview window you can cancel a download if you accidently click download. Also it'll be little easier viewing images now. You'll see when you run it.

So you don't have to redownload it but its recommended.

Hellfire Dragon

Nice work G_G :D I added 3 of my Grey Thief set.

G_G

Updated the program. Completely new layout. The preview window is way better. And there is now news and updates tab so you can check the latest stuff out.

Way easier to navigate. It is very recommended to get this version. Also I won't have to keep posting here when there's a new update. The program tells you the current version and under Updates it shows you the latest version.

All resources submitted are still in the database. Keep submitting!

legacyblade

I like the new layout. But the GoTo part of the menu seems kind of pointless (I mean there are only four tabs, we don't need a longer way to click on submit resource)

G_G

I get what you're saying, I just didn't want the menu strip to be empty.

Lore

Yay, my sexy support signature is out! :D

legacyblade

I've got (another annoying) suggestion. I don't know how difficult this would be, but it would be cool if the server renamed the file after a fashion like this...

resourceName_author

that way, if someone donwloaded a ton of graphics off the server, they'd easily be able to remember who to credit :D

Just a suggestion though, I'm sure you've got your plate full already, lol.

G_G

Do you mean when they click download the text in the save dialog appears as name_author? If so that'd be easy as pie!

Also be sure to check updates every now and then guys to see the new version.
I also updated it a bit ago with the new icon aqua made me so if you havent already, update.

In the next version there will be an updater so you won't have to keep redownloading.

legacyblade

Yah, that's exactly what I mean :D The trouble with downloading any resources is that it's way too easy to forget who to credit.

And I'll be sure to redownload, but yes an updater would be nice so I don't have to keep checking this thread, lol.

G_G

Okay I'm not going to add it  yet but it will be added in 1.30. Hopefully by 1.30 I'll have the updater finished and have a progress bar for uploading and downloading files.

Any other suggestions?

legacyblade

I'll just rehash all my suggestions (for your convenience, I'll put a big green "NEW" next to the suggestions new for this post. WHEEE lists...)

• Make the layout shiny (using a custom skin for the window would go a long way). Since it's a simple application, this wouldn't obstruct it's use.
  • User accounts (thus allowing an "edit" button :P)

• The ability to either upload poses that'll go with a specific charset, or at least the option to upload a zip for a charset

• Removal of the Go To section of the taskbar (that's what they're called, right?). It's rather pointless, with the tabs right below it linking to the same locations

• Make XP and VX resources of the same format (like animations) read the same table in the database.

• have the save window start with the file name as name_author

• A "download all x" button for each category, where x is the category of resources you're in (like charsets, animations, etc.) *NEW*

• auto re-IDing of the database upon deletion of resources. (or a removal of the display of such numbers, it bothers me how the charset numbers go 2,3,4,28,29...)*NEW*

That's all I can think of right now.

Great program game_guy

Lore

Don't forget the "Sort By" and "Search" features.

legacyblade

there is already a search feature, but I was just on my way to mention the sory by, lol. Eventually, someone is going to submit a white tie sprite or something. It'd be nice to be able to sort by sprite template.

G_G

There is no search feature unless I accidentally added it oh noes.

I placed it there so I wouldn't forget about it. It doesnt do anything right now. xD
So kinda ignore that >_>

Lore

Oh sorry, I haven't updated yet. I'll update tomorrow and go on my submitting spree :D

legacyblade

Oh, I hadn't tried the search field :P Well I await future updates with gleeful anticipationy like waiting. And sugar. Lots of sugar. with the waiting.

Ryex

February 01, 2010, 01:31:55 am #43 Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:10:54 pm by Ryexander
you for got to make the text fields read only in the news and updates section.

Edit: you should add a vote system. like you can give a resource props and then it stores it some how that you have given that resource props and than you can't give it props no more like a karma system. then you can have a search filter that sorts the files by karma level
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

legacyblade

Here's the error I'm getting. It might be my computer, or it might be the updates to the database you've made without updating the client. Either way, an error exists for mina computertron!

Aqua

It's the apostrophe causing an error I believe...
Kinda like how you need to put a \ to make ' appear in strings in RGSS...
I think XD

legacyblade

If he's saving the string in single quotes (one of these ' ), then the apostrophe would cause that error. Single quotes are more efficient, but unless you find a way to get a \ before apostrophes in the description, you're gonna need double quotes (it is sad)

G_G

I had that error once before. I managed to create it by submitting a resource when lore did it at the same time. Chances are you two did it because lore submitted a lot today.

Oh and at the ' mysql only takes a word between ' ' as a string. Using "" wont work. So in my code you see this.
"insert into submissions (subid, name, author, description, engine, resourcetype, file)" +
                   "value('" + subcount.ToString() + "', '" + txtName.Text + "', '" + txtAuthor.Text + "', '" + textBox2.Text + "', '" +
                   comboBox4.Text + "', '" + comboBox3.Text + "', '" + "http://decisive-games.com/rmres/" + file + "')";

Which in Sql it'll look like this.
INSERT INTO submissions (subid, name, author, description, engine, resourcetype, file) value('id', 'name', 'author', 'description', 'engine', 'resourcetype', 'file')

Its been working since I released it, so that code hasn't changed at all.
So it was most likely you and lore submitted at the same time. Which is a major problem I know o_o. I'll try to find a way to fix it.

legacyblade

I dunno, I've tried it at totally random times today, as well as trying to submit a few times after getting the error. However, I removed the ' from the description, and it submitted just fine. o.o I know there's a way around that, but I dunno it.

G_G

February 01, 2010, 09:11:47 pm #49 Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:14:18 pm by game_guy
Ah thats why. >_> Its because of the ' in your description...That stinks >:(
Well I'll try to find a way around that as well.

EDIT: Fixed in 1.30. But its not released yet so D:

G_G

Sorry for the double post dont eat me D:

I released 1.30. Really all thats new is the memberships and resource editing/deleting.
Its perfect for scripts though. You submit a script, you update it, you can easily edit it with a new file and everything!

So simple :3.

Just click download in the first post.

Ryex

your hyperlinks don't work in the text box you have to use a link clicked handler event and tell it to open a System.Diagnostics.Process

this.richTextBox1.LinkClicked += new System.Windows.Forms.LinkClickedEventHandler(this.richTextBox1_LinkClicked);
private void richTextBox1_LinkClicked(object sender, LinkClickedEventArgs e)
        {
            System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(e.LinkText);
        }

that's how you do it quite simply
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

I'll add that in the next release as soon as I get some more features added

Ryex

February 04, 2010, 01:07:29 am #53 Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:08:49 am by Ryexander
also the apostrohy ' is causeing problems when i try to edit something but not when I first submit it

also you might want to cloak the password fields there is a property that dose it when set to true.

G_G

February 04, 2010, 08:26:36 pm #54 Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 08:28:50 pm by game_guy
K guys the FTP is down, the password went haywire, we'll fix it ASAP.

You can still view files but not submit any.

EDIT: Nevermind  :wacko:

This Side Backwards

Wow! Really, great job, I love how simple it is and the preview feature makes it ideal for quick searches. Already found a few things I needed!

Thanks for making this!

boisei0

Thanks for building Cybele, it gives me a place to upload my graphics without making topics on a forum, and still give people the chance of downloading them...
~Boisei0

Holyrapid

This is sounding great. I´ll download it sometime, and check the updates since the beta you gave me. BTW, would you mind changing my name in the credits to DesPKP, as it´s my new nick (or at least change the y at the end to an i) I could upload some scripts by Mog that i have got my hands on...

ShinyToyGuns

February 05, 2010, 08:52:37 pm #58 Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:03:24 pm by ShinyToyGuns
Apparently the counter is off...I uploaded 404-419, and the counter says 415  :wacko:
Days
I've missed so many days
In a world that has become an unfamiliar place
Now to you, I'm just an unfamiliar face

~Shiny Toy Guns, Blown Away (2008)

Landith

February 05, 2010, 09:14:43 pm #59 Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:17:44 pm by Landith
It probably has it where it updates every 15 minutes or an hour or so. That way it won't use up all the bandwidth or something. Or... Someone might have deleted one of their resources and it didn't register in the database that that number needs to be there again so it would skip those numbers but show 415 since in reality, that's how many are databas'd. Idk it might be a bug though as I haven't had the liberty to look at the PHP code. :P

G_G

Quote from: ShinyToyGuns on February 05, 2010, 08:52:37 pm
Apparently the counter is off...I uploaded 404-419, and the counter says 415  :wacko:

Those were the ID submissions of the submitted resource. Thats now how it gets its count. Thats for keeping track of info and getting info when needed.

Holyrapid

I don´t know if it´s my internet, or your download link or what, but when i download this, it downloads it too fast and says that there´s an invalid zip or something like that (the errors in finnish...)

Ryex

That would be your internet. faulty connection to the download server probably. you just need a alternate download link.

G_G

February 07, 2010, 04:35:18 am #63 Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:15:36 am by game_guy
database is gonna be down for about an hour or so, I'll get it back online as soon as possible

Server is back up

G_G

Awesome news guys! Guess what? Version 1.40 has been released. Coming hot from the oven an updater. Letting you know when theres a new version. The program downloads the update for you but you can choose not to update if you don't want to.

Also an awesome custom search engine. Being able to find resources even easier now.

I had to make the updater a different program itself because well I couldn't overwrite a program that was already running. So the new version is an install program that installs to the Program Files and makes an awesome shortcut on your desktop.

Enjoy! Download

Aqua

Vista users should run it once in Admin mode to have it update or else it'll bug bug bug~

legacyblade

February 09, 2010, 06:28:22 pm #66 Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 06:30:50 pm by legacyblade
When I open, it says "Update is available. Click OK to update." So I do, hit update in the next box, and it says the update is complete, and it's re-opening the program. Then it says "update is available" and starts the whole process over. After 10 updates in a minute, I decided it was a bug :P

-edit. After registering, it won't recognize my login info :(

G_G

If your latest version is 1.44 or less update again. 1.45 was just released.

legacyblade

Updating works now, but I still can't log in.

G_G

Try registering again. If not do a clean install, re register and re-login.

Ryex

dose re registering mean that my files won't be connected to me anymore?

G_G

February 09, 2010, 07:56:18 pm #71 Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 08:02:47 pm by game_guy
no lb had to re-register because the version he was using had a register bug

all old members are still there dont worry

EDIT: I need to fix the login again

EDIT 2: Updated again, fixed logins sorry bout that

Ryex

ya it wont let me log in and I registered in the first version.

also I tried re registering and this happens

G_G

Edited my post, login broke. Just fixed it and released an update.

legacyblade

Logging in works fine now. But if you try and register with a name already taken, you'll get an unhandled exception error. It doesn't crash, but you might want to replace that with something more user friendly :P

G_G

When the next update is available it will not be there. I promise...I dunno when the update will be. I don't even know what else I can add. Suggestions please.

legacyblade

Well if you can't think of more to add, I shall again request the features I desire :P

Quote from: legacyblade on February 01, 2010, 12:25:32 am

• Make the layout shiny (using a custom skin for the window would go a long way). Since it's a simple application, this wouldn't obstruct it's use.

• The ability to either upload poses that'll go with a specific charset, or at least the option to upload a zip for a charset

• Make XP and VX resources of the same format (like animations) read the same table in the database.

• have the save window start with the file name as name_author

• A "download all x" button for each category, where x is the category of resources you're in (like charsets, animations, etc.)

• auto re-IDing of the database upon deletion of resources. (or a removal of the display of such numbers, it bothers me how the charset numbers go 2,3,4,28,29...)

Hope you're not getting sick of seeing those suggestions :P I really want the poses for charset! >.>

Ryex

a karma system for resources so people can vote for a resource if they like it. then you can add an option to sort the list based on a resource's votes

legacyblade

Oh, forgot to add to the quote the ability to define what template a resource is for (HK, RTP, White Tie, Breeze, Raven, or Other), and the ability to look up only resources from a certain template. When people start submitting white ties and HKs, it'll make looking through the database for the right resource a pain without this feature.

G_G

Guys you're gonna need to do a fresh install. I updated the updater and it this is the last time I'll need everyone to re-install.

You do not need to do it but you will eventually be missing out on different themes for the program. The updater now downloads a zip file instead of the exe file. This makes it easier on myself so I can now upload multiple files for updates.

It is recommended to re-install. A theme is being made right now.

Ryex

G_G

February 10, 2010, 09:43:43 pm #81 Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:54:08 pm by game_guy
God stupid typo >.<

Sorry guys you gotta do a fresh install again...I fail at this...

EDIT 2: Okay fixed the updater yet again D:
Do a fresh install and it'll work just fine.

G_G

Okay guys. Awesome news. I just released version 1.50. It now has an auto-login option. Just click on the login tab, check the Remember Me box and then login. Now anytime you start up Cybele it'll automatically log you in.

This can be turned off in the login tab. Just uncheck the Remember Me box. Also I'm working on an options window.
You'll be able to change settings to your liking. This is where you'll be able to choose a theme, set the auto-login. Those are the only two options that will be in there for now unless someone has suggestions for stuff we could add to the options.

Anyways enjoy the only changeable option for now. Some where between 1.50 and 1.60 the options window will be done.

G_G

Giving a small update. I updated the screenshots so anyone can see the newer version. Still working on making themes work. Also themes will be setup so anyone can make a theme for Cybele. Hopefully it'll be done sometime this week.

So look out for 1.52 this week! (1.51 isn't being skipped, it just wasn't released. It had a very minor gui bug. It just irked me so I fixed it but never released it)

G_G

February 18, 2010, 10:48:29 pm #84 Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:36:47 pm by Hellfire's G_G
*legal bump*

If the database goes down at all it means its getting moved hopefully to a more reliable host. So if it can't connect don't worry it'll be up again.

As of right now the database is up. But it'll probably go down tonight for an hour or two.

EDIT: Server's gonna be down. Possibly all day today. It'll be up ASAP.

EDIT 2: Server has been back up. Forgot to tell everyone. Anyways its still not on a reliable host but it should stay up.

G_G

Just posting a small update.

I'm thinking about removing themes completely. There really isn't much customization. All you can customize is the Button images, and colors of background and text. I really don't have anything else to customize. So its probably gonna be removed.

Also, I cleaned up some coding, make it easier for me. It also checks for an update instead of connecting to the database first. Also I'm adding Urgent Updates. Where if there is a major update due to host switching or a major bug, you'll be forced to update just to be safe.

I also added a Resource Count button in the View Resources tab. For right now all its doing is loading this page. http://decisive-games.com/ggp/submits.php Eventually it will load all the resource count without the page. It'll take awhile to set that up but eventually it'll be done.

I have not yet released the update. It will be released in a couple of minutes. Let me know what you guys think about removing themes completely.

legacyblade

Personally I kinda like the themes. But I agree, there isn't all that that's being customized right now.

G_G

Quote from: Hellfire's G_G on March 04, 2010, 10:34:15 pm
Just posting a small update.

I'm thinking about removing themes completely. There really isn't much customization. All you can customize is the Button images, and colors of background and text. I really don't have anything else to customize. So its probably gonna be removed.

Also, I cleaned up some coding, make it easier for me. It also checks for an update instead of connecting to the database first. Also I'm adding Urgent Updates. Where if there is a major update due to host switching or a major bug, you'll be forced to update just to be safe.

I also added a Resource Count button in the View Resources tab. For right now all its doing is loading this page. http://decisive-games.com/ggp/submits.php Eventually it will load all the resource count without the page. It'll take awhile to set that up but eventually it'll be done.

I have not yet released the update. It will be released in a couple of minutes. Let me know what you guys think about removing themes completely.

I have released version 1.52. Please post any bugs found. I've tested it pretty heavily this time. But there really wasn't much to test. But let me know if there are any bugs.

legacyblade

Looking good G_G

The only thing I see so far that I consider a bug is the recource number (the number to the left of the resource). Just go to the characters tab and start counting up. (2, 3, 4, 28, 29, 30, 38...) I understand why it does this, but it's really bugging me. If there's a way around that, it'd be GREAT!

G_G

March 05, 2010, 01:12:31 pm #90 Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:02:26 pm by Hellfire's G_G
I think I may have a solution for this. I'm gonna try a few things out real quick.

EDIT: Okay guess what guys? I got it working. The numbers on the side are removed officially. It took a little bit of work only because the engine read the numbers next to the name. But I used a little trick and got it working.

I'll release the update in a few minutes.

EDIT: Released 1.54. Config window has been introduced. Access it by going to File > Config. You can also change whether or not the Resource Id is shown next to the name or not. You can also setup auto-login there.

EDIT: 1.55. Fixed a minor bug.

EDIT: 1.57. Fixed two major bugs.

Landith

The cancel button doesn't work on config. Minor bug but annoying cause I have to click the 'X' and my 'X' is like really small because of the theme I'm using.

winkio

Wait, are you complaining about being a masochist?

Landith

Uh... This is what I found as the definition of that.

Quote from: Dictionary.com
the condition in which sexual gratification depends on suffering, physical pain, and humiliation.

If that is what your talking about then... yes? :O.o:

winkio

it means you get off on bad things happening to you, which is the only possible explanation for torturing yourself with those settings. :V:

G_G

March 06, 2010, 12:12:56 am #95 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 11:00:02 am by Hellfire's G_G
Quote from: Landith on March 05, 2010, 05:37:47 pm
The cancel button doesn't work on config. Minor bug but annoying cause I have to click the 'X' and my 'X' is like really small because of the theme I'm using.

Fixed, but the update will be released tomorrow. I'm lazy and its late here.

EDIT: Updated to 1.58. Realized there was another major bug and updated to 1.59. As of right now there should not be anything wrong with cybele. I also added a text box in the window to show what the engine is and what resource type it is.

Ryex

happens when i try to open the config

QuoteSee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.
   at System.Boolean.Parse(String value)
   at RmResource.Config.Config_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Cybele
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/GGP/Cybele%20Resource%20Database/Cybele.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
IniLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/GGP/Cybele%20Resource%20Database/IniLib.DLL
MySql.Data
    Assembly Version: 6.2.2.0
    Win32 Version: 6.2.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/GGP/Cybele%20Resource%20Database/MySql.Data.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

G_G

March 06, 2010, 02:39:54 pm #97 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 06:05:24 pm by Hellfire's G_G
Open your Settings.ini real fast. See if anything got messed up in it. If you don't have the file here's what it should look like.
[LogIn]
Auto = false
User =
Pass =

[Config]
ResId = false

EDIT: Fixed a bug in the database. If anyone had troubles registering, register again.

Ryex

adding the

[Config]
ResId = false

at the end of the file fixed it.

WhiteRose

In version 1.61, either every single file has been downloaded exactly five times by some extremely bizarre coincidence, or there is a problem with the download counter thing.

G_G

March 22, 2010, 05:00:21 pm #100 Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 06:03:01 pm by Hellfire's G_G
I noticed. I fixed it but I haven't released an update yet.

EDIT: Updated to 1.63. Its properly working now.

Jek

Im going to upload some things. This is an amazing program.

G_G

Just thought I'd drop some news real quick. I'm almost done implementing progress bars for downloads and uploads. How awesome is that! It'll be done and updated sometime this week.

Jek

Sounds awesome. DO you allow people to upload resources that arent theirs?
I think maybe a way to allow that stuff is to also add a feature to report stolen resources and get them removed.

G_G

You can upload other peoples resources, just be polite and add the artist name in the Author box. Also expect the update for the bars tomorrow or friday, possible saturday because I'm lazy.

Jek

G_G

Updated to 1.65. The help file has been added. Its finally finished. I also fixed a few bugs.

SBR*

March 28, 2010, 06:57:53 am #107 Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:53:11 am by SBR*
The program says that he can't find update166.zip. What should I do? I already made the update file run as administrator, and when I run Cybele.exe, I run it as administrator. Thank you!

Edit: Hmmm, strange. Sometimes it still works when I ignore the error, sometimes not. W/e.

G_G

Try re-installing it, thats all I can say. I cannot seem to reproduce the bug. I downgraded cybele and tried it, and it updated just fine.

SBR*

Quote from: Hellfire's G_G on March 28, 2010, 08:58:24 am
Try re-installing it, thats all I can say. I cannot seem to reproduce the bug. I downgraded cybele and tried it, and it updated just fine.

Well, I already tried, but that didn't work. But I still can use it. The only problem is that I am never going to be able to update it and I will have to re-download it. But that's not a problem for me. Still, thanks for the help.

Jek

I first try, and it doesn't update, then I try once more and it does.

G_G

The updater doesn't include the new background worker yet. Which is why some of you may be having troubles. This weekend the updater will be fixed.

Jek

But what if we cant update the update so in the future updating will work?
Just kidding. God Speed Game_Guy... God Speed...

G_G

Here's how it'll work. First you'll update Cybele in the old way. Then the new version of Cybele will update the updater thus making updating work. :D

Ironic much?

Kett Shee

This is very cool.
Quote from: Hellfire's G_G on March 29, 2010, 09:00:34 pm
Here's how it'll work. First you'll update Cybele in the old way. Then the new version of Cybele will update the updater thus making updating work. :D

my head hurts. :wacko:
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

G_G

Great news guys. The next release will be 1.67. And there will be themes. Full skinned themes. And the updater will have a progress bar.

So look out for the new update sometime next week.

legacyblade

Sweet :D looking forward to it.

G_G

Server may be down for awhile. Somethings wrong with our ISP and they have shut their internet down so I'm using my neighbors wi-fi right now.

So it'll be back up ASAP.

Fantasist

Quote from: game_guy on April 07, 2010, 11:04:51 pm
Great news guys. The next release will be 1.67. And there will be themes. Full skinned themes. And the updater will have a progress bar.

I hope the ability to skin according to system's theme will remain, though.
Has been quite a while since I checked this out. Waiting for 1.76 :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Landith

*cough*1.67*cough*

Looking good G_G keep it up ;D

G_G

April 14, 2010, 08:35:01 pm #120 Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:57:48 pm by game_guy
blank message removed

legacyblade

I'm loving the skin :D I can't wait to see it incorporated into the new design. But make sure to leave an "unskinned" version for people who use windowblinds and want the application to match there theme.

G_G

Servers gonna be down for at least a day. Our ISP is getting fixed and it'll be back up tomorrow. Unfortunately I can no longer go into my neighbors router settings to let everyone access my database.

So it'll be down until tomorrow.

G_G

Okay guys good and bad news.

Good:
Server is back up and so is the submission count signature picture. If you still have the old version of cybele installed (1.66 or older) then just run that and update. If not, just re-download the new version.

Bad:
I had to remove the full skinned themes. For some reason it wasn't displaying the pictures in the preview window. If I can find a way to fix it I will.

So enjoy all of the love and fun of Cybele! I will work my hardest to try to get the preview window working with full skinned themes.

Landith

Aww I really liked the skinned menus, well at least it's working :D

If you can't get the full skinned themes then don't worry about it, I'm sure people won't be too disapointed. (:

Btw: 800 post baby (:

G_G

I hate to say this. I REALLY hate this. I lost everything. The database the source code everything. Cybele is down and will always be down.

I spent countless hours on this and its all gone. A nasty virus got onto my computer. Slowly started deleting things from everything. Flash drive, external drive (for backing up data), everything. I didn't realize it until my computer completely crashed.

I do not plan on remaking Cybele. I do not plan making a new database. However all resources uploaded still do exist. You can access them here.

http://decisive-games.com/rmres/

Sorry for the very bad news. It kills me. I can't do anything about it. I wish I could. Sorry guys Cybele is done for. </3

EDIT: In fact. Please delete this topic. It has no use anymore.

Aqua

D:
I order you to remake this >8I

winkio

Deletion is not necessary, just lock it.

G_G

Okay some good news. I found a backup of Cybele. I have the source code but I don't have the database. Which means if I were to release it right now, there would be nothing to upload.

Now I'm thinking I'm not going to release it but instead maybe make an online version. That means less database shutdowns. Maybe faster download and upload speeds. (Depending on your browser) Its most likely going to have a terrible and ugly design. Meaning just plain text and url's but in my honest to god opinion, it'll be good to have a browser based cybele even with an ugly UI.

Pros:
Will work on all operating systems (assuming the browser can execute php)
No needed to download a program
All updates will be instant
Rare database crashes
Cybele will still keep all of its regular features

Cons:
Ugly UI design
Sever bugs in the first several versions (which will be fixed xD)

Landith

You can make it pretty if it's online. Just need to styles to what people upload. Don't think it should be too hard. But then again, I only have knowledge in CSS, Javascript and HTML. Haven't fooled around with PHP much, so idk how hard it is to assign attributes/styles.

Aqua

Yeah, it shouldn't be hard to make the UI look good.
Glad you're starting this up again :D

G_G

Here's what I have planned. Ugly crappy looking UI first making sure everything works. THen apply the snazzy design later.

Aqua

Bien sur!
Feel free to talk with me if you need any help with a snazzy design :x

G_G

More good news. Blizzard has hooked me up with a database. Now there will be a browser cybele version and the original version.

I'm going to fix up Cybele the original version. Change whats needed. Maybe change the design a bit who knows. And I'll release it. It may be a couple of days because I have to make a new updater. I lost the code for that.

Also, I may be able to keep all the old submissions. It may just take a little bit of PHP coding and I could get all submissions back into the database. Though I may not be able to pull it off.

Anyways development for Cybele is starting again!

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

If anyone already has installed it, please re-install. I messed up in the updater. And currently I have no way of updating the updater yet. Sorry D:

Also I have fixed a few bugs in Cybele already. Massive updating here I come .__.

legacyblade

I'm glad this has returned. It was a sad day when it went kerpoof...

G_G

I'm working on the online version as of right now. Also I plan on implementing a batch file upload for both web and program versions. Willing to take on any other suggestions. Also I'm going to add Zip support for characters I recall LB requesting it.

Zhorker

Lol. i spent half an hour or so, reading this whole thread only to find out, that its dead... very sad, indeed.  :o

legacyblade

But that was an epic struggle to find all there is to know about it. And it's slowly returning o.o

@game_guy, once you add that ability, I'll finish up a few sprite poses and upload all my graphics.

G_G

Quote from: Zhorker on May 14, 2010, 11:36:54 am
Lol. i spent half an hour or so, reading this whole thread only to find out, that its dead... very sad, indeed.  :o

It is back up though.

M3T41 AG3

i cant register on cybele it says table 'Blizzar_cybele.members' doesnt exist.

G_G

May 21, 2010, 11:17:33 pm #142 Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:20:39 pm by game_guy
Fixing...

EDIT: Fixed. Sorry bout that.

Sally

G_G

The database is most likely down. I'll message blizzard about it.

Jek

July 23, 2010, 09:43:30 pm #145 Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:54:14 pm by Jek
I have an idea for a feature. Report resources! If a resource is down, people click the Report button. When 5 or so people hit the report button, the image is removed. Or it could get moderated from one report.
On that note... Modern Exterior in RMXP Tilesets is broken, or an improper file.

Edit: When previewing resource packs, at the top it says "his is a resource pack. No images will be loaded"
You forgot the t in the first word.

G_G

I'd fix the his is a resource pack thing, but I lost the source code. And the modern exterior might just be a large file and may take awhile to load if not then it got deleted.

I loved cybele but I cant believe the source code is gone...I might remake it though, and I might add audio files this time, and make the old 2k/3 engines

Jek

You could also add other, less used engines.
Shooter Maker 95, RPG Maker 95, Fighter Maker 2000, Engine/Map 001, etc.

cyclope

Is the database still down? im getting the same error earthnite had: :wacko:
Quote from: earthnite on July 04, 2010, 04:12:07 am
i get this

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.CreateNewPooledConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
   at CybeleUpdater.Form1.CheckUpdate()
   at CybeleUpdater.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///d:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Updater
    CodeBase: file:///N:/Documents/cybele/Cybele/Updater.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MySql.Data
    Assembly Version: 6.2.2.0
    Win32 Version: 6.2.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///N:/Documents/cybele/Cybele/MySql.Data.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

G_G

Exactly what are you doing when you get that error? Might have accidentally left an old host connection in there somewhere.
Or the database blizz gave me is down at the moment.

Blizzard

You should add a try-catch block in that part to prevent crashes and rather display an error message to the user, G_G.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

When I get around to remaking it xD If I do D:

I still need to get a web version up :S

Jek

July 24, 2010, 11:58:49 pm #152 Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:00:00 am by Jek
Try not to lose the resources I gave you.

Also, when you open up Cybele, you can't refresh your files in the "My Files" thingy. I fix it right away by entering login information again.

cyclope

Quote from: game_guy on July 24, 2010, 09:56:06 pm
Exactly what are you doing when you get that error? Might have accidentally left an old host connection in there somewhere.
Or the database blizz gave me is down at the moment.
whene i am trying to update
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

G_G

Hmm, then somethign actually happened in the database. Something musta got changed I dunno. I'll look into it.

Holyrapid

I tried to get this, but the server for Decisive Games has expired...

Spaceman McConaughey

Yeah, sorry about that.

I just couldn't pay for it anymore. But I do have all files backed up, and would be willing to upload these again sometime.

G_G

I actually have a plan for this guys. Its going to be awesome when I get my new computer which should be in January. And I'll be getting internet at home soon.

So basically I'm going to redo the whole thing. Main reason I lost the source code second reason, I can make it way better. I've learned a lot about c# since this was released so it'll be easier for me.

Another thing is I'm going to try and do the web version again. Anyways I'm going to have some other features implemented as well.

• Reporting Resources - to report that the resource is broken, or if it does not follow the guide lines. Nudity, advertising etc..
  • Moderators - If moderators find any resources that havent been reported can immediatly delete them right then and there. Moderators can also control user accounts and user resources.
  • Going back to legacyblades suggestions I'm going to implement those in the Windows version. In the web version I'll be able to do a friendly download all because PHP has a nice Zip compressor.
  • Im getting a 2TB external hard drive. I'm going to host the files and server on that so I wont have to worry about running out of room for awhile.
  • I really enjoyed making this program and I was so mad when I truly lost the enitre source for it. Was also mad at branden for running out of money to pay his host.

Anyways guys I'll see you later.

WhiteRose

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing this back. Be sure to keep us updated.

Also, 1000th post!

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: game_guy on December 15, 2010, 01:56:56 pm
I really enjoyed making this program and I was so mad when I truly lost the enitre source for it. Was also mad at branden for running out of money to pay his host.

Hey, dick. >8U

jadestar

I know this post is really old and has no new posts for a while but I was wondering what it is exactly. Is it an updated RTP or extra tilesets/chipset etc... Also, how do I download it? Cant find any links.

Im trying to find a good RTP set that has lots of extra resources beyond the ones that come with rmxp.

Thanks.

G_G

It is a resource sharing program. I had to take the program down due to some hosting issues. Then recently decided to create the program again. You can read the development thread here.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,9901.0.html

I was hoping to have it done by now but meh...its summer, I'm lazy, I'm a grade A asshole. It'll get done though.

jadestar

Hey that sounds really cool. Good job. I read the dev post, looks really nice. Interfacing ith ARC would be a plus. Yeah its summer, I know what you mean. Its hard to code or do anything when the sun is shining...although however its raining here right now.

Ill keep my eye on this post and be one of the firsts to download when it comes out.

Keep up the good work.

Holyrapid

FUCKING O! So, uh how are things coming along with this thing? I know being a bit of a necromancer here, but this is such a nice and useful idea etc. that i just gotta revive it...
Also, how come nobody has posted in this topic for over a year about ANYTHING?

Zexion

I downloaded this a while back and it was working, but honestly I have no clue how long "a while back" actually is.