New game/New Sprites

Started by [Faint], February 01, 2010, 09:36:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

[Faint]

February 01, 2010, 09:36:57 am Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:34:06 am by [Faint]
So I am working on a different project at the moment since I lost data from my old project. I haven't done any spriting in awhile and just did a concept sprite for one of the characters in my game. Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Sprites for my game

Requests

Scripts by me - State Requirement Skills
current project - Project: AURA

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: [Faint] on February 01, 2010, 09:36:57 am
So I am working on a different project at the moment since I lost data from my old project. I haven't done any spriting in awhile and just did a concept sprite for one of the characters in my game. Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Spoiler: ShowHide

So, I heard you want to do the sprites for my game? :V:
Seriously though, this looks awesome to me. The only thing to improve that comes to my mind is that you could make the eyes more "clear", if you know what I mean.

[Faint]

lol thanks. The sprite is based on Hinata Hyuga from Naruto Shippuden, and her eye are very light like that. ( I thought it looked kind of strange on the sprite myself though =p)

[Faint]

Updated with 2 new sprites. Tell me what you think please.

Subsonic_Noise

You seriously need to take requests... that's exactly the spriting style I've been looking for, lol
That being said, the two new ones look awesome, too, but could perhaps need a bit more shading, unless you're going for that cellshaded style, if that's the case then this kind of shading is alright xD

[Faint]

well I tried them out with a bit more shading last night and it didn't really look right. :( But I think I might be developing my own style like this, I don't know. The sprite template was something I found a good while ago and was created by "Southerland".Needless to say the templates were unfinished and needed work so I have put the effort into that and thus you have seen some of my results. I do plan on making custom tilesets also to go along with these sprites since they are bigger then the standard rmxp sprites. on a side note, I can also sprite regular rmxp sprites. If I get some requests I will do them.  8)

Subsonic_Noise

AWESOME!! I'm doing my own Tilesets, too, right now, but they can barely be called tilesets anymore, lol
Well then, I'd like to reqest stuff =3
I'll just copy the request from the other thread if you don't mind, that guy isn't active anymore xD
Request: ShowHide
Name:
Vael

Sex:
Yes. Male

Description:
-wears a black coat
-has black hair and blue eyes
-wears a hand gun on a belt
-I'd like a sprite of him without is mouth covered and one with some sort of minimalistic gas mask or just cloth
-Feel free to add whatever you find fitting in terms of clothes or style, my concept artists will take this sprite as reference xD

Reference:

Early faceset

Sprite that other guy did before he left forever (lol)
Background of the character:
Well this is hard to say because we didn't finish the story yet, but it's a postapocalyptic setting, so a few things are futuristic, but not that "hightech". The main character escaped from the underground city where he and the other survivors lived in because he was sentenced to death and now lives on the surface again where he forms a group to bring down the dictator who controls the underground city.
This is all we have so far.
I know this doesn't sound really awesome, but that's because I fail at storytelling. xD
Also, this is a veeeery early demo of what my game's graphics will look like:

See how the regular rtp sprites just don't fit in? (Just ignore that tank, it looks shitty xD)
I probably won't be using the 3d script in the end, btw. Just use this for general style reference.

[Faint]

so you would like it done in the size sprite of my concept sprites?

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: [Faint] on February 03, 2010, 11:12:02 am
so you would like it done in the size sprite of my concept sprites?

Yes please :3

[Faint]

ok, depending on the level of my ambition I should have it done in a couple days.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: [Faint] on February 03, 2010, 11:36:21 am
ok, depending on the level of my ambition I should have it done in a couple days.

Thanks =D

[Faint]

Updated first post. let me know if that concept works for you S_N or if it needs anything so I can move on with the sprite.

Subsonic_Noise

Looks awesome so far ^^
Could you just try to let the coat "spread out" a bit more at the end (I hope you know what I mean, I suck at describing things xD)?
For details, just do whatever feels right to you, but keep in mind that my game has basically a "black and white with added dark green and red" colour sheme, lol. Basically, red would be the best colour for details^^
My suggestion would be some sorts of strings that hold the coat together. (again, I suck at describing xD)
Thanks so far ^^

[Faint]

February 04, 2010, 11:29:34 am #13 Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:32:12 am by [Faint]
alright I will see what I can do. As for adding red to it, I was going to ask you if I could change the under shirt color to maybe red, because all the grey and black on the sprite makes it seem a bit dull to me, but in the end it is up to you.

Also by saying more spread out, do you mean more open so the belt/gun area is more exposed or do you mean just a bit long and more open?

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: [Faint] on February 04, 2010, 11:29:34 am
alright I will see what I can do. As for adding red to it, I was going to ask you if I could change the under shirt color to maybe red, because all the grey and black on the sprite makes it seem a bit dull to me, but in the end it is up to you.

Also by saying more spread out, do you mean more open so the belt/gun area is more exposed or do you mean just a bit long and more open?

The second one, basically so that it's not just straight, but a bit spreading out in the area of the belt.
As for the shirt color, just go for it and try it out xD it
might look even more awesome. ^^

[Faint]

updated tell me what you think.

Subsonic_Noise

Wow, this really increased its awesomeness much. xD
Just one more suggestion before I shut up (lol): Could you make the sleeves completely red and the coat a bit longer (and perhaps connected by strings) so it looks like he's wearing a longsleeved t-shirt under some kind of long vest? I think that would be perfect xD
Sorry for causing more work... I owe you music if you ever need some xD

[Faint]

ok what color for the strings? white, black? Also if the coat goes anylonger it will cover up the gun area, but as long as you are ok with that then I can do it.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: [Faint] on February 04, 2010, 01:03:32 pm
ok what color for the strings? white, black? Also if the coat goes anylonger it will cover up the gun area, but as long as you are ok with that then I can do it.

Try black for the strings. Also, it's no problem if it covers up the gun area, it's not that important ^^
Thanks!

[Faint]