[XP] Visual Equipment for Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, February 01, 2010, 09:39:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mroedesigns

Darn. So how difficult would it be to implement a new layer into the system? I tried looking through it but I cant quite figure out how it would be done.  :wacko:

Blizzard

You can add new layers using just the configuration.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

mroedesigns

Ive been poking around with the script but I cant seem to figure it out :/ is there a written guide somewhere?

Blizzard

No, but I think somebody made a demo and posted it somewhere. >.<

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MOAL

I'm having a hard time making the visual equipment show up, I name them accordingly and everything, along with the prefix. Is there anything else that needs to be done? I'm not getting any errors, just this issue. Can someone help me out?

Blizzard

Does the game crash or is the equipment simply not displayed?

Dweller

Quote from: MOAL on April 24, 2012, 07:42:54 pm
I'm having a hard time making the visual equipment show up, I name them accordingly and everything, along with the prefix. Is there anything else that needs to be done? I'm not getting any errors, just this issue. Can someone help me out?

The first time I used Visual Equipment I have a similar problem. I was testing the game with weapon id 1, and the deafult script comes with this configuration:

EXCLUDE_WEAPONS = [1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8]
EXCLUDE_ARMORS = [1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7]

May this will help you.
Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

Blizzard

Then I guess I should change the default configuration. :facepalm:

MOAL

@Blizzard - It worked, thanks a load, mate! Sorry if it caused you any trouble.  :^_^':

khkramer

Sorry for the necro, but is still compatible with rmx-os?

Zexion

Quote from: khkramer on December 25, 2012, 05:19:15 am

It is, but if i remember correctly it is not global, meaning that only you can see the armour you wear, and you can't see anyone else's.

khkramer

Quote from: Zexion on December 25, 2012, 05:27:12 am
Quote from: khkramer on December 25, 2012, 05:19:15 am

It is, but if i remember correctly it is not global, meaning that only you can see the armour you wear, and you can't see anyone else's.

Hmmm, that takes away the purpose for which I was going to use it (if possible)

Blizzard

Actually I think I did make this work with RMX-OS. Best you try it out and you'll see for yourself. Then you'll know for sure.

glad300

Would it be possoble to make that script (more) compatible with the multi-slot script by guillaume777 ? Actually it is, but extra-slot armors are not displayed  :(  Thank you for your excellent work, this script is as amazing as the other  :)

Shalaren

Quick question. I'm not sure if it was with this script or another, but is there a way to show equips on events?
I'm trying to event a character creation system, and using an event as an example dummy

KK20

There's no reference to events in the script at all. But I think the real question is:
Quote from: Shalaren on August 29, 2013, 08:47:28 pm
I'm trying to event a character creation system, and using an event as an example dummy

Why can't you use the player itself?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Shalaren

because I wanted it to be animated (showing the character walking as you design it)
I'm sure I can do somehting, just thought if it were possible to use an event it would make things a bit easier P:

Edit: here's a good question, can I make it sprite specific instead of actor specific?, since I want to make it so you can choose a gender, so one equip will look different for both genders.

KK20

With a little bit of magic, you can have the player animate. Script call (assuming the player is controlling Actor 1)

BlizzABS::Config::ANIMATED_IDS.push(
1)

And 'Set Move Route' for the player to be 'Stop Animation ON'. And once you're done, call this afterwards

BlizzABS::Config::ANIMATED_IDS.
delete(1)

Can't you just make two actors? From what you proposed, I'm not sure that's even possible.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

chaucer

I actually have a character creation made up for my game, i can send you a small demo if you'd like although you'll need to change a few things for what you want but it'd be easy enough.

Shalaren

Quote from: KK20 on August 30, 2013, 04:28:17 am
With a little bit of magic, you can have the player animate. Script call (assuming the player is controlling Actor 1)

BlizzABS::Config::ANIMATED_IDS.push(
1)

And 'Set Move Route' for the player to be 'Stop Animation ON'. And once you're done, call this afterwards

BlizzABS::Config::ANIMATED_IDS.
delete(1)

Can't you just make two actors? From what you proposed, I'm not sure that's even possible.

Thanks KK :P looks great animated.

and no it won't really work easily considering everything is going to revolve around actor 1. Although I suppose I can just make a male and female switch and keep using a conditional branch, I was just hoping there was a way to make it so the sprites update themselves depending on something like sprite name or using a switch (like if switch X is on, then the image name has to be 'a12_ON' instead of just 'a12' this way if it was a female character lets say, I would turn the switch on and the 'a12_ON' would be the female version of the armor.

@chaucer
Thanks but I think my character creation screen turned out pretty sweet P: