[CANCELED ] [XP] Help with Phantasy Star Online style gameplay.

Started by RogerSmith, February 03, 2010, 01:34:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerSmith

I'm going start by asking if anyone has ever played Phantasy Star Online? By now I'm guessing you probably know what this is about, if so, :P. Me and my friend are using Blizz's ABS and a few utilities from the Add-On. We want to create gameplay similar to PSO's, complete with section ID drops and the like.

------
For those who aren't familiar with PSO: You create a character who has a specific ID, these ID's dictate what kind of items drop from boxes and enemies. Boxes and enemies sometimes drop rare items, but they are unknown when they are first dropped. You have to bring it to a person called a Tekker, and he analyzes the rare, and it is revealed to be whatever special weapon that particular enemy/box drops.

-------
So far, the only idea I've come up with is creating section ID specific enemies with their own drops. In other words, having several of the same kind of enemies. In the end, that would involve having many section ID specific copies of the same enemies, and while I am prepared to do that, I jut want to know if there is an easier way to accomplish this. Currently I have no ideas on how to make a solid tekking system using events.

-------
Anyway, my request is: If someone could supply directions and suggestions for creating a section ID drop and a tekking system using events or a script.

------
I hope someone can assist with this, because I really enjoy using Blizz's ABS and everyone's add-ons for it, and I believe that such a system would make for a perfect PSO style game.

PS, I didn't know whether to put this in the events request or script request section, so move if needed. ;)

Edit: Well since no one pitched any ideas, I came up with a crude tekk system myself, and we had to cut out IDs since neither of us would know how to do it and this thread had no replies, so I'd like to thank all 186 people for viewing and not posting.
:)