[RESOLVED] main help please need this

Started by Chaze007, February 23, 2008, 09:31:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaze007

February 23, 2008, 09:31:54 pm Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 06:26:06 pm by Blizzard
hey i was wondering if there was a roll die script or event system,

example:
trigger is die land on 6=walk 6 steps left
and they have random rolling, is that possible?
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

winkio

why yes, it is possible.  rand(6) will roll a six sided die for you, but the numbers you get will be 0,1,2,3,4, and 5.  So just add one to your outcome.  then you can make a for loop that makes the person walk the number of steps in the variable.

Fantasist

Hm, I thought that'll gie the numbers 0 to 6.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

winkio

nope, that gives 6 possible outcomes, not the numbers one to six.  I don't know why it's built that way, but it is.

Chaze007

k i didnt wanna start a new topic but im making a mini similar to that zelda orcarina of time game, where you use your slingshot or bow to shoot the moving rupies. well i know the moving command but how do i get it where when u press the button. it shows an animation of an arrow. and if the arrow touches the rupee it dies? this is more important tha the roll die one XD please help

winkio

you can just make it so that when you press the button, it creates a new event.  That even is the arrow, and then set both the rupee and the arrow to destroy themselves on Event touch.  Then the rupee can manage the score.

Chaze007

ahh so i have to make a new movement system for the arrow ehhh XD ima try this