[RESOLVED] script idea

Started by Sally, February 01, 2008, 08:38:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sally

February 01, 2008, 08:38:16 pm Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 06:15:19 pm by Blizzard
script idea:

u use a call script event and u put in the cordents of were u want the message to go and the message.

and it shows a little message thing on your screen that dosent go away untill u tell it to.

then it shows a message in a window in a permant window like u know when u put in the message command.. but its not there untill u click enter

u guys get what i mean?   maby it can go in tons :P

Calintz

Kinda...when would you use it?

Fantasist

Use it as a prompt window? I think Zeriab made this, a prompt window with Vista effect <3 Go check it out.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Calintz

I really don't understand...

Sally

uhh like you can display a message with it staying there... u could use it as a mini-quest log to tell uwhat quests  u have :P

Nortos

like a HuD? That's pretty easy with updates and refresh methods or you could even just do with show picture commands

Sally

yea, but show picute u can have a total custom one with the diffrent window skin :P

Nortos

umm what? Can't understand you sorry

iv00w

February 16, 2008, 04:23:13 pm #8 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 03:21:32 pm by Susys
She means a small window that you can toggle, and move around while it's open.

Nortos

oh I sort of get it but not really see a use

Fantasist

Not moving it around, just an overlay widow, like a savefile confirmation window. Or you know that 'pop-up' window before battles are started in Chaos Project? I mean something like that.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

winkio

February 20, 2008, 03:06:15 pm #11 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 03:50:29 pm by winkio
I think this is what she means (REVISED AFTER THE NEXT POST WAS MADE):
u use a call script event and u put in the cordents of were u want the message to go and the message.

and it shows a little message thing on your screen that dosent go away untill u tell it to.

Display a message somewhere on the screen, doesn't go away when the player hits enter, but you can make it go away.

Quotethen it shows a message in a window in a permant window like u know when u put in the message command.. but its not there untill u click enter

Once you hit enter different text is put into the window and stays there until the window closes and players can't tell it to go away.

Example:  first, it says "You found (quest item)!"
              Then it switches to a counter or displays the next item.

Great idea, I can see many uses for this.
I would definitely make this if I had the time right now, but I'm sick as hell.  Threw up like 6 times 2 nights ago. :(

Somebody make this!

Sally

i as thinking you can use it for a scoreing thing or like a quest... but it dose nto go away when u hit enter... :)

Blizzard

Actually my "Location Name" add-on in Tons of Add-ons works that way. It displays the location image even in the menu and after a certain amount of time it vanishes by itself. Whoever makes this can use my script as reference.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

yes, i actually thought a lot of Custom Message Systems had this function built in.  But if not, Tons is always there. :D