Can I use RMXP scripts in RMVX?

Started by forsaken2009, February 21, 2010, 02:42:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

forsaken2009

Because I am stuck with a Windows Vista and there are currently no solutions to using RMXP in Vista...I can only use RMVX, and I've heared XP is wayyyy better, so its more supported in terms of scripts and such...so I was wondering would scripts from XP work in RMVX or would I have to do some conversions or what?

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Well people may be able to convert some for you. I've been on a mission (for over 6 months now) to convert Tons of Add-Ons to vx. I think I may be able to do it now. I have more scripting experience and I understand most of the add-ons better.

Subsonic_Noise

Wait, you can't use RMXP on Vista? Fuck, I must have imagined all those hours of devololping my game. I knew those mushrooms wouldn't be good for me.

Aqua

Quote from: forsaken2009 on February 21, 2010, 02:42:03 am
Because I am stuck with a Windows Vista and there are currently no solutions to using RMXP in Vista.

What the flip are you talking about!?
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,1641.0.html

Trainer Zydragon

Hell, I youtubed it, theres a tutorial on there about installing on Vista.

This was a year+ ago...

ForeverZer0

Yeah, I have Vista, too. It takes a little longer to get it going initially, but runs exactly the same once done.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Landith

Another solution - Trash Vista and get 7. It's what I did :D