[REQUEST] Cutscene Tutorial

Started by Fallen Angel X, February 24, 2008, 10:00:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fallen Angel X

February 24, 2008, 10:00:50 am Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:50:45 pm by GuardianAngelX72
Yeah can someone make a tut. on how to make amazing cutscenes? You know like those awesome cutscenes in Chaos Project Demos? *cough* Blizz *cough* So if anyone has the time, just wondering if you could make a cutscene tut?

EDIT: Can a mod or admin or something change the title to requesting a cutscene tut. ?
EDIT: Title changed by GAX72

Starrodkirby86

I would like to second this. However, the only cut scene tutorials I would prefer to look at are ones relating to pictures. I'm very challenged on the case of the coordinates, which I'm entirely confused on. For example, where it says X and Y, I don't understand if they consider it as the pixel on the screen or the coordinate on the map, and how the picture would react to the coordinates. I believe it does go to the pixel, but my main concern is how the picture gets there...does the center pixel go to the coordinate or does the top-left corner, it gets me all riled up.

Also, I wonder how in-sync stuff works such as the Wait. I heard it takes approximately 4 frames to make a second, but I highly doubt that now, though on a computer that doesn't lag, how many frames would it take to make a full second? If it is four, whoop-de-doo, I'm edumacated, but nevertheless.

Lastly, automated messages I believe can be easy to do considering I can just substitute them for pictures, but for a message to go in-sync with the music, how easy would that be? I know, I'm a rhythmatic enthusiast, trying to get everything as perfect as possible on the case, but oh well.

---

So I second to Fallen Angel's request. ^^ With some motivational reasons why, I understand how to do the rest of the stuff, those issues up there bamboozle me.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Valcos

I would like to third this!! ;D I have brought this up a couple times. Sadley no one has yet said that they'll make one  :(. But I hope some one does  :D.

Oh and nice post Star lol :P.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Valcos on February 24, 2008, 11:55:00 am
I would like to third this!! ;D I have brought this up a couple times. Sadley no one has yet said that they'll make one  :(. But I hope some one does  :D.

Oh and nice post Star lol :P.

Thanks. ^^

If I have time to actually experiment with the following nit picks I have, then I can actually make one. The best you can do is find an RPG with a cut scene and a Project file, open it on RPG Maker XP, then find out how the person did it. Usually that does explain how a cut scene works.

Somehow I feel like it's easier to make an .avi a cut scene rather than a cut scene automated through XP...though the only problem is that you need an .avi Script (Easily findable over at the Asylum) and you need to know how long it'll be so there'll be no problem. Certainly, with an .avi you can easily skip the cut scene with the press of a button.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

GAX

I'll honestly support this for those out there who need this kind of help.  I've honestly learned on my own from trial and error (and playing Chaos Project's Final Demo through a good 100+ times), but this could be extremely helpful to those who aren't fully adept with how to use the Event System for cutscenes.

If you're expecting Blizzard to make the tutorial any time soon though...don't expect quick results, he does have school and a life, and probably a job and then there's the various systems he's made which modifies and then ChaosProject and other stuff I'm sure...

It'll probably happen eventually, I just don't see it happenning in the near future.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Nortos

yeah oh and @Star
it's 20 fps so 20 frams = 1 second I believe is default in XP and here's a detailed picture scrolling system by Zeriab
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=58.0

Calintz

Quote from: GuardianAngelX72 on February 24, 2008, 02:56:14 pm
I'll honestly support this for those out there who need this kind of help.  I've honestly learned on my own from trial and error (and playing Chaos Project's Final Demo through a good 100+ times), but this could be extremely helpful to those who aren't fully adept with how to use the Event System for cutscenes.

If you're expecting Blizzard to make the tutorial any time soon though...don't expect quick results, he does have school and a life, and probably a job and then there's the various systems he's made which modifies and then ChaosProject and other stuff I'm sure...

It'll probably happen eventually, I just don't see it happenning in the near future.

*sits...and waits*

Chaze007

Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

nerissya

Ooooh, yes, please give us a cutscene tutorial. =)

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

I demand you to level up my pokemon. :<

Blizzard

Alright, since it is highly demanded and I haven't heard from Marco for quite some time I'll put it above the Creation System, the Quest Manager, the Advanced Time and Environment System and the Expert Mapping Tutorial. That means the only two things that are somewhere at the same level are Blizz-ABS and the few ideas I had for wallpapers. Expect it very soon since I already started thinking about what can be done.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nerissya

YOu are making a cutscene tutorial or did i totally misunderstand? if you said you are, i  love you, really, your cutscenes are so totally awesome. And i cant make cutscenes.. Awesome!

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Nortos on February 24, 2008, 05:33:18 pm
yeah oh and @Star
it's 20 fps so 20 frams = 1 second I believe is default in XP and here's a detailed picture scrolling system by Zeriab
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=58.0

Thank you very much for the wait frame Nortos.

On the Picture Scrolling System, I didn't necessarily mean that. I meant it to the point where you can have Picture A move to where you want, like when a combination of stuff assembles to form something great looking. You can't make something that looks so smooth and professional with tilesets and maps, so that's why I have to move on to pictures...unfortunately. Thanks anyway. ^^

Valcos

:o Did Blizz say he was going to make a Cutscene tut!??  :o Why didnt I make a thread earlier!!  :P

:'( Thank you Blizz  :'(
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Calintz

Nortos

*stores energy to power Blizz up* :)

Calintz

Lol, he deserves it...
And also Blizzard, when are you planning on making the mapping tut for Advanced Mappers?? Or, have you decided not to make it at all??

Nortos

Quote from: Blizzard on February 25, 2008, 06:02:53 am
Alright, since it is highly demanded and I haven't heard from Marco for quite some time I'll put it above the Creation System, the Quest Manager, the Advanced Time and Environment System and the Expert Mapping Tutorial. That means the only two things that are somewhere at the same level are Blizz-ABS and the few ideas I had for wallpapers. Expect it very soon since I already started thinking about what can be done.

give him time :P If he does this you'll have to wait for the mapping tut I would rather have cut scene first :P

Calintz

...Not a problem, I just remember him saying so in the past, so I was trying to get an update, that's all.

Blizzard

First comes Blizz-ASB 1.95, then the cutscene tute. I'll see if I can make the expert mapping tute then. The thing is that I will most probably start working on my own game again, so making a mapping tute is like along the way when I make a few new maps. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

nerissya

Awesome Blizz! I am really excited to see how you make cutscenes! Also take your time, it seems like you got quite many things to do. =)