[RESOLVED] Call script to control self_switches

Started by (Hexamin), February 12, 2010, 07:40:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(Hexamin)

February 12, 2010, 07:40:53 pm Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 09:38:37 am by (Hexamin)
Engine: RMXP

I'm tring to be able to use a common event call script to change an event's self switch.

More specifically...

I want to be able to have a common event constantly checking a condition, and if the condition is not met, then I want to turn event x's self switch A off.  (And no, doin' this on the event where the self switch is located itself is not an option for me)

I feel like there is an obvious answer to this problem, if someone could smack me across the face with it, I'd be much obliged. :-)
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

Blizzard

Try the search function, I remember explaining that a couple of weeks ago.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

(Hexamin)

Haha, yeah, I did beforehand, and I did again, both on this site, and google.  No avail.  I'll keep looking though.  :^_^':

Blizzard

February 13, 2010, 06:26:39 am #3 Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 06:28:07 am by Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

(Hexamin)

The Death of Me
Spoiler: ShowHide

All I get is "nar"

Some people just naturally get this scriptin' business... but I cannot for the life of me see what I'm doin' wrong...

G_G

Shoulda kept reading.
$game_map.need_refresh = true

or
$game_map.refresh

(Hexamin)

February 13, 2010, 09:34:51 am #6 Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 09:38:13 am by (Hexamin)
Edit 1: NEVERMIND!  I was using numbers to try to define the A, B, C, D instead of "A" "B" "C" "D"... *smacks forehead*  :^_^':

Naw, I did read it, it's just I'm tinkering with that now and still got getting anything...

Forgive my ignorance... or incompetence... whatever you want to call it.

I'll keep tinkerin' unless you wanna just s-p-e-l-l it out for me

Aqua

Blizzard

I suggest the first one of those calls.
And yeah, it should be 'A', 'B', 'C' or 'D'. xD